Salo and Miller

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Salo and Miller

Same Doctor? Must be. He is so good at quickly diagnosing concussions so the team can announce it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Re: Salo and Miller

always the ploy of the injured player's team.  I read reports that it was a separated shoulder at first, now it's a concussion......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

we'll know the truth after marchand's hearing.  there should be some sort of punishment for faking injuries. 

however, we all know gillis' defensemen are pretty fragile.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I bet you Salo makes a miraculous speedy recovery & is back in the lineup real soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

he skates off holding his shoulder, then wakes up in the morning with a headache, and that means the injury automatically becomes a consussion.  maybe he had too many LaBatt's on the flight out of town??

I think any time a team reports a head injury, a neutral, league-hired doctor must also examine the player in question.  If the team is found to be lying about the injury, then heavy fines should be levied.  This has gone on long enough.  If the Bruins were half the whiners as the rest of the league has become then Hamhuis would've been suspended last year for his submarining of Lucic, Ballard yesterday doing the same to Campbell, Burrows jabbing his stick into Thornton's throat, 6 Canucks on the ice wailing away on Thornton, but I think we as Boston fans (and apparently the organization) realize and love the fact that hockey is a tough game played by tough players.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

The canucks are making me ashamed to be  Canadian.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Salo and Miller:
    I bet you Salo makes a miraculous speedy recovery & is back in the lineup real soon. Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Yah Salo and Max Pac are going to the movies today to share tweets n popcorn...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

So now the comment is on the extent of Salo's injury?

Pul-le-e-e-a-s-e.

Salo's a guy with (correct me if I'm wrong) 8 minutes of PIMs this season.  He's not a dirty player, doesn't go out of his way to lay a cheap shot.  He plays the game straight up.

If you watch the whole Marchand-Salo incident, they come together in a minor hit about 15 seconds before the low-bridge;  then about 5 seconds later, Marchand punches Salo in the head. Then, about 5 seconds after that, he does it again. (Both punches apparently unnoticed by the officials) Then the puck comes back to the boards.  Both players skate TOWARDS THE PUCK.  Marchand is the first one to the puck, but instead of playing it, he ducks at the last possible second, and low-bridges Salo.  No intent to play the puck whatsoever -- what was Marchand's intent?  "To protect himself"?  Again -- puh-l-e-e-e-a-s-e.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

actually the commentary is on how the injury migrated from the shoulder to head.  Clearly a ploy by Van. mgmnt. to maximize Marchand's upcoming suspension.  Dont you think?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

puh-l-e-e-e-a-s-e give us the cup!!!!  we deserve it after we burned down the city.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

So now the comment is on the extent of Salo's injury? Pul-le-e-e-a-s-e. Salo's a guy with (correct me if I'm wrong) 8 minutes of PIMs this season.  He's not a dirty player, doesn't go out of his way to lay a cheap shot.  He plays the game straight up. If you watch the whole Marchand-Salo incident, they come together in a minor hit about 15 seconds before the low-bridge;  then about 5 seconds later, Marchand punches Salo in the head. Then, about 5 seconds after that, he does it again. (Both punches apparently unnoticed by the officials) Then the puck comes back to the boards.  Both players skate TOWARDS THE PUCK.  Marchand is the first one to the puck, but instead of playing it, he ducks at the last possible second, and low-bridges Salo.  No intent to play the puck whatsoever -- what was Marchand's intent?  "To protect himself"?  Again -- puh-l-e-e-e-a-s-e.
    Posted by 49-North

NO YOU PUH-L-EEEESE!! You're the one who cheers for the divers, the whiners, the biters & the biggest bunch of pansies on skates bud! This is a Bruins forum remember? You don't like whats said, don't let the door hit ya on the way out!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from blydon75. Show blydon75's posts

Salo is one of the few players on that team that I actually respect. I think Marchand was out of line, but a 5-minute major and suspension is totally overdoing it.  The Canucks organization, not Salo himself, now saying that he suffered a concussion is more than suspicious. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

So now the comment is on the extent of Salo's injury? Pul-le-e-e-a-s-e. Salo's a guy with (correct me if I'm wrong) 8 minutes of PIMs this season.  He's not a dirty player, doesn't go out of his way to lay a cheap shot.  He plays the game straight up. If you watch the whole Marchand-Salo incident, they come together in a minor hit about 15 seconds before the low-bridge;  then about 5 seconds later, Marchand punches Salo in the head. Then, about 5 seconds after that, he does it again. (Both punches apparently unnoticed by the officials) Then the puck comes back to the boards.  Both players skate TOWARDS THE PUCK.  Marchand is the first one to the puck, but instead of playing it, he ducks at the last possible second, and low-bridges Salo.  No intent to play the puck whatsoever -- what was Marchand's intent?  "To protect himself"?  Again -- puh-l-e-e-e-a-s-e.
    curious to hear whether the same hit on lucic last year in the finals warranted a canuck penalty/game misconduct/suspension? the real difference between our organizations and fanbase is displayed quite clearly by our reactions. no one on the bruins team, coaches, or fans were crying how dirty THAT hit was. yet the EXACT SAME HIT occurs with the canucks on the short end... and it's now the dirtiest hit in the nhl's history. just ask your gm/coach/players... ect. SEE THE DIFFERENCE? hypocrites. same thing with burroughs non-suspension in the finals- and the rome suspension. could you imagine if it was the bruins who bit a canuck? if it was the bruin who late hit? the canuck organization would have 30 minute tv ads boycotting any and all american products. stay classy vancouver
    Posted by 49-North

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

He flipped over backwards and landed on his shoulder and head where the boards meet the ice.  It's not surprising that there might be a 'stinger' to the shoulder/neck area, with a possible low-grade concussion as well.  Remember, not every concussion results in unconsciousness.

And, I noticed plenty of diving by the B's as well.  Horton in front of Schneider (trying to do a Bobby Orr!); then a host of guys in black in the final 5 minutes of the game, flopping all over the place trying to get a PP to tie the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

49... you fail to address the SAME HIT MADE BY A CANUCK in the finals last year. love to hear your take.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

Am I allowed to call canuck fans fence posts .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

49... you fail to address the SAME HIT MADE BY A CANUCK in the finals last year. love to hear your take.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Yes 49 , let's hear it . Courtesy of B'$ Legion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTt5Aa9dg5g&feature=youtu.be

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I would like to hear 49 respond to the link above.  I have actually said I thought it was a bad hit and Marchand shouldn't have done it, but the more you read of Vancouver analysis, the more I think they just hate the Bruins and can't rationalize beyond that.  I thought it was a stupid hit by Marchand, but I'm still not sure if it is a penalty.  I have seen Ballard, Hamhuis, and Raymond make the same hit in the last 6 months and nobody took to the media whining and complaining like Vancouver is now.  It's crazy.

And 49, you always give half of the anaysis on these plays.  Yes, Marchand took a swipe at Salo.  But why?  Did you watch the tape?  Was Salo holding Marchand's stick (also not called, gasp!)?  Why do you guys only complain about the Bruins and think your players are saints?

Bad hit by Marchand, and a very similar bad hit by Ballard in the same game.  Be consistent. Stop the theatrics, neither hit was worthy of suspension or ejection.  I think Vancouver fans should be delighted with the way the refs protected their team and threw out 2 Bruins players.  Stop the whining.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Concussions are trendy right now. The league is punishing those who cause head injuries harshly. Both the Canucks and Sabers made a point of quickly stating their player had a concussion after the game. I suspect in both cases it was an attempt to get a suspension.  I have no doubt that Salo is hurt. He was in pain, that's why he threw his stick into the fans. His arm was limp. But the Canucks didn't announce a shoulder injury, they went for the much more sensational concussion.  It annoys me because it makes a mockery of a serious issue.

Posted by 49-North

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

As I stated in another thread, concussion symptoms cannot be properly diagnosed as quickly as these GMs and coaches are claiming. Player X can feel perfectly fine for upwards of 72 hours, then still suffer the effects from a severe concussion with all the symptoms delayed. Similarly, Player X can get immediate or next-morning symptoms that end up being nothing more than a passing headache -the kind where you take 2 Advil and move on.

There is no debate on this in the medical community. Victims need time to reveal the extent of the injury.

The timing of Gillis' comments should not be anything more than, "Salo is experiencing headaches this morning and we'll continue to monitor it closely." That's it. Anything beyond that is pure speculation, and I wish everyone knew more about the timeline so such irresponsible comments are avoided. It's an embarrassment to treat someone's health in this way; there is zero benefit to claiming a concussion except that it might sway opinion towards a more harsh penalty on the other player.

If the league wants to take injury into account when issuing supplemental discipline, that's fine. Clearly they can do this immediately with broken bones, sprains, cuts, etc. However, if they want to take concussions into account when deciding on suspensions, they either have to:

a) delay the ruling a week, or
    b) develop some sort of two-tiered system where an immediate ruling is made separate from any injury bias, then perhaps added to should an injury turn out to be diagnosed as severe by a league independent doctor.

Until then, folks like Gillis and Vignault need to understand that they sound like complete fools by anyone not a Canucks fan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Posted by 49-North

Salo was holding Marchands stick. If the refs made the right call "holding the stick 2mins" this never would have happened. Marchand was punching in retaliation to Salo holding his stick.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Re: Salo and Miller":
    So now the comment is on the extent of Salo's injury? Pul-le-e-e-a-s-e. Salo's a guy with (correct me if I'm wrong) 8 minutes of PIMs this season.  He's not a dirty player, doesn't go out of his way to lay a cheap shot.  He plays the game straight up. If you watch the whole Marchand-Salo incident, they come together in a minor hit about 15 seconds before the low-bridge;  then about 5 seconds later, Marchand punches Salo in the head. Then, about 5 seconds after that, he does it again. (Both punches apparently unnoticed by the officials) Then the puck comes back to the boards.  Both players skate TOWARDS THE PUCK.  Marchand is the first one to the puck, but instead of playing it, he ducks at the last possible second, and low-bridges Salo.  No intent to play the puck whatsoever -- what was Marchand's intent?  "To protect himself"?  Again -- puh-l-e-e-e-a-s-e. Posted by 49-North
    I agree with this, it was a dirty play by marchand period. Even Kluzak said the first thing he would do to someone who did that to him was he would hit him over the head with his stick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Salo and Miller : Yes 49 , let's hear it . Courtesy of B'$ Legion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTt5Aa9dg5g&feature=youtu.be
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I would be very surprised if he comments on this hit. My bet is he'll do his best Sedin sister immitation and head for the bench. No surprise he's a fan of a pansy team.

Sections
Shortcuts