Same hit, no suspension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Same hit, no suspension

Jack Johnson hit on Ryan Smyth...

http://www.nhldigest.com/ryan-smyth-injured-by-jack-johnson/

Let the random wheel of justice spin on.  Of course, Smyth didn't play for the Canadiens at the time.  That could be a factor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Re: Same hit, no suspension

Fletch, just got a call from Chiarelli - asked if you could be on the next train to represent Chara in front of Campbell's deputy, Bettman.  Hush, hush, of course.

Seriously, why the game misconduct?  Because of injury?  Because of interference - huh?  Because it was in Montreal with Campbell in attendance?  It was not a match penalty, and anywhere else on the ice, possibly a 2-minute minor at very worst.  Does any of this work in Chara's favor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Same hit, no suspension:
    [QUOTE]Fletch, just got a call from Chiarelli - asked if you could be on the next train to represent Chara in front of Campbell's deputy, Bettman.  Hush, hush, of course. Seriously, why the game misconduct?  Because of injury?  Because of interference - huh?  Because it was in Montreal with Campbell in attendance?  It was not a match penalty, and anywhere else on the ice, possibly a 2-minute minor at very worst.  Does any of this work in Chara's favor.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

^ Yeah.  That.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Same hit, no suspension : ^ Yeah.  That.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

That's what worries me most about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

it's a joke if chara gets suspended. how many checks into the stantion have we seen over the years? HUNDREDS. how many have resulted in suspensions? ZERO. i'm actually very surprised it doesn't happen more often. how many times do you see a guy checked into the open bench door? or goal? and i'm saying checked legally. not a head shot or cross check. if suspended...the league will have opened up a big can of worms- suspensions levyed in every game 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Anyone remember this?  Little Francie still wasn't suspended. If Chara is suspended, I want Cooke's head on a platter and  Bouillon sent to S. Boston for a visit after happy hour.

Injured Ward lets loose, discusses ‘cheap hit’
    November 11, 2007
    Source: Stephen Harris | http://www.bostonherald.com | Boston Bruins

Bruins defenseman Aaron Ward yesterday morning declined any real comment about the concussion he suffered when he was hit in the head from behind by Montreal’s Francis Bouillon and left semi-conscious on the ice Thursday night at the Garden.
    However, following last night’s 2-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres, Ward was talking.
    “I felt it was a cheap hit,” Ward said. “I’ve watched it on video and I don’t know how I can draw any other conclusion. But I’ve had past dealings with the National Hockey League. I’ve learned to set my expectations low. And they met them. Nothing is going to be done. It’s done. It was deemed an accident.”
    Bouillon has claimed to Montreal reporters the hit, moments after he stepped out of the penalty box in the Canadiens’ 2-1 win, was inadvertent. He was upset when he heard that B’s coach Claude Julien called it an illegal elbow, the Habs defenseman insisting it was his shoulder that caught Ward and it was accidental.
    “I didn’t see him,” Bouillon said. “I was coming out of the (penalty) box and I was trying to get back into the play. I was looking at our net and all of a sudden I hit him (Ward). I didn’t know how it happened but then I looked at our (video)tape and he was turning around and he didn’t see me.
    “It was scary, especially after the thing with (Patrice) Bergeron (talking about the serious head injury he suffered two weeks ago) earlier in the day. I did a couple of interviews where I said there’s no business for hits like that. I’ll try to call Claude, because I’m not that kind of player.”
    Ward wasn’t buying it.
    “I’m not surprised with the end results,” said Ward, who said he hopes to be cleared to play and return to the lineup this Thursday when the B’s get back in action at the Garden vs. the Toronto Maple Leafs. “We’ve talked about taking head shots out of the game. It didn’t happen. I’ve just got to move on at this point. But in my estimation I don’t understand what’s going on. The puck’s 140 feet away on the other side of the rink. Why he comes out of the penalty box and veers toward me while I’m circling back to get out of the zone, I don’t get.
    “The videotape speaks for itself. The elbow comes up. I’m still at a loss to understand.”

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

For once there is some consistency from the league office.  As far as I know there has never been a suspension resulting from checking someone into the stancheon.  How do you start now on a standard interference penalty?

Kudos to Murphy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]For once there is some consistency from the league office.  As far as I know there has never been a suspension resulting from checking someone into the stancheon.  How do you start now on a standard interference penalty? Kudos to Murphy.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

The correct decision - no foul intended from a split second decision (Pacioretty had the decision to make too).  If every moment of physical contact is regulated, the game will be played on the coach's X and O board and not on the ice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Murphy should rule more often I've been thinking about if Mike had ruled on the Cooke-Savard hit what the outcome would have been...