same old c#@p

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: same old c#@p

In Response to Re: same old c#@p:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: same old c#@p : The Bruins seem to have that sort of thing going on too.I just get peeved by people  referring to Boston's talent as mediocre.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you. There is not one person on this team that thinks they are bigger/better than anyone else. I respect that. It's in the dirty water of Boston.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They haven't lost in regulation over the last six games. What else do you want? I sometimes feel that the Bruins could go 98-1-0 (including playoffs) and fans on here would be flipping out because they lost one playoff game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]They haven't lost in regulation over the last six games. What else do you want? I sometimes feel that the Bruins could go 98-1-0 (including playoffs) and fans on here would be flipping out because they lost one playoff game.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Good observation.

One milestone to a Stanley Cup is not losing in regulation in 10 straight in the  regular season.

We have almost accomplished this, and most of the games have been on the road, with little fuss and fanfare.

Most of you can't see the forest for the trees. All you want are goals and blowouts and think that will win you the Cup. Maybe you should switch your support to the Washington Capitals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same old c#@p : Good observation. One milestone to a Stanley Cup is not losing in regulation in 10 straight in the  regular season. We have almost accomplished this, and most of the games have been on the road, with little fuss and fanfare. Most of you can't see the forest for the trees. All you want are goals and blowouts and think that will win you the Cup. Maybe you should switch your support to the Washington Capitals.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]
    Fine points Wheat.Playoffs are a long ways off.They just need to keep chipping away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same old c#@p : Good observation. One milestone to a Stanley Cup is not losing in regulation in 10 straight in the  regular season. We have almost accomplished this, and most of the games have been on the road, with little fuss and fanfare. Most of you can't see the forest for the trees. All you want are goals and blowouts and think that will win you the Cup. Maybe you should switch your support to the Washington Capitals.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Most fans can't see the forest for the trees all right . The first thing they see is the forest fire.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same old c#@p : I agree, those guys are all very good players, like I said, we are close.  I think we are missing a top tier winger and dman to really compete for the cup though.  Our def is average at best.  I don't need losing streaks to see that we haven't exactly been lighting it up for the past 2+ seasons.  I want a cup, not a pretty good team. 
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I feel about this team. I'm not in any way criticizing their recent road trip--8 out of 10 pts. is aces--and the Bruins are a GOOD hockey team. They are not mediocre and deserve praise when they play well, as they have for this stretch.

Where I think some of us real fans (meaning, not trolls) part company is into 2 camps:

1)one which believes, as Dez does (and I apology if I'm putting words in your mouth hear, Dez) that the Bruins have the pieces in place, and if they play to their uppermost level--cannot only compete with, but beat any team in a 7-game series, given the intangibles of playoff hockey like a hot goalie, a good/bad bounce at the right time, and pure hard work and inspiration....and

camp 2) which looks at the rosters of other teams like the Caps, Pens, Flyers, etc., and says facts are facts--those teams are better stocked with higher-powered offenses, better D corps, more overal speed and/or size, and good enough goaltending to pounce on the B's in a series and woe are the B's if they go into the post season w/out improving the roster w/an upgrade or two to challenge that talent pool, and sit back with the usual PC line of "we believe in the guys we have"....which I'm pretty sure is what was said in '08, '09, and last year as well.

Both camps, I believe, have very legitimate arguments and shouldn't be dismissed.

But I'm in Camp 2 b/c I see a team that's good, works hard (tho' not always), has terrific goaltending, some great core pieces in place that will get even better over time, but is ripe for another 2nd round dismissal. That wouldn't be so horrible (i.e. I'd have more patience and 'it'll be even better next year' attitude, if the clock on the Cup drought wasn't pushing 40 years.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

You could be right about the 2 camps thing Tryto, but I can't figure out why anyone, at this stage in the season, would be in either.
    Half of the season is used up, and the proof is in the pudding...this team doesn't need to play at the top of it's game to win.  There have been very few games they've played to that level, yet, they only have 11 losses.  Any team can, and will be beat on a given night.  There is much, much more parity in the league than most assume on these threads.
    Does anyone realize whats involved in an "upgrade or 2" ?  The first thing it means is getting a good player, at the expense of giving one up, coupled with the illusion that some GM is dumb enough to give us a better player than we're willing to part with.  That won't happen til some of the lower tier teams throw in the towel.  Doing that in the first week of January is not good for ticket sales, and hockey is foremost...a business.
    Everybody wants an A class puckmover and a legitimate sniper, however, it's nuts to think that can be accomplished without moving some core pieces.  Something may present itself toward the deadline, but mere addition without subtraction will carry a burden of some sort.
    Everyone here wants a cup, but it should be pointed out that 24 teams will be working on their tan by the end of round 2.  Some will be very good.  Who in their right mind would have picked Philly and Montreal to have the run they did last year?  Who in their right mind would have even bet heavily on Philly making the playoffs?  Who in their right mind would have bet heavily on Montreal taking out BOTH Washington and Pittsburgh?
    It's impossible to guarantee the top prize, and the duration of the drought has jack to do with anything moving forward....unfortunately.
    This team has 4 pretty decent lines, and that's because they have no offensive superstars eating up cap space.  They just have pretty good balance.  They absolutely can't play a run and gun style, because they don't have that offensive firepower, so they play strong team defense.

They have to, and it's a reasonably good recipe for success in the post season. 

It's impossible to assemble a team to win the Stanley Cup.  It's impossible to ensure a second round berth.  If the planets allign properly, and the team is relatively healthy throughout the playoffs, this group could do it, so could 9 or 10 others.  That's all you can build for.  A deal or two could help, but it could also backfire.(see New Jersey)

No...things aren't perfect.  Far from it.  At this point in the season though, I just can't understand how some seem to think things are so bad, and the relative ease in making things that much better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Another victory, another thread about how ugly the win was. Many Bruins fans are so dumb.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I actually think you are being too lenient on this one !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same old c#@p : That's exactly how I feel about this team. I'm not in any way criticizing their recent road trip--8 out of 10 pts. is aces--and the Bruins are a GOOD hockey team. They are not mediocre and deserve praise when they play well, as they have for this stretch. Where I think some of us real fans (meaning, not trolls) part company is into 2 camps: 1)one which believes, as Dez does (and I apology if I'm putting words in your mouth hear, Dez) that the Bruins have the pieces in place, and if they play to their uppermost level--cannot only compete with, but beat any team in a 7-game series, given the intangibles of playoff hockey like a hot goalie, a good/bad bounce at the right time, and pure hard work and inspiration....and camp 2) which looks at the rosters of other teams like the Caps, Pens, Flyers, etc., and says facts are facts--those teams are better stocked with higher-powered offenses, better D corps, more overal speed and/or size, and good enough goaltending to pounce on the B's in a series and woe are the B's if they go into the post season w/out improving the roster w/an upgrade or two to challenge that talent pool, and sit back with the usual PC line of "we believe in the guys we have"....which I'm pretty sure is what was said in '08, '09, and last year as well. Both camps, I believe, have very legitimate arguments and shouldn't be dismissed. But I'm in Camp 2 b/c I see a team that's good, works hard (tho' not always), has terrific goaltending, some great core pieces in place that will get even better over time, but is ripe for another 2nd round dismissal. That wouldn't be so horrible (i.e. I'd have more patience and 'it'll be even better next year' attitude, if the clock on the Cup drought wasn't pushing 40 years.)
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    The Flyers are the only team that scare me and that's only because they match up so well with the B's. The other 2 teams need to rely on their superstars to  win. That's not going to work when you don't have a complete team around you. The other two don't have it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Yes it was 2 points. Yes they beat the Leafs. Yes they still are ahead of the habs, and really that is all that matters. But this lack of effort on a regular basis is troublesome. When it really matters, they will not be able to come back from down 2 or 3 to win playoff series, and aside from beating the habs, that is what REALLY matters. 
    If it was bad goaltending, but good efforts most nights, okay. But they are getting superior puck stopping and still fighting to stay in games. There is too much talent here for what is going on, and it is either time to make changes to the players or change the coach. I'd prefer to start with a few player changes, then if that doesn't do it, bring in a new coach. Maybe Berry Melrose is available :-).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I know all this crap is 21-11-6 1ST PLACE IN DIVISION ,A 3 SEED RIGHT KNOW IN PLAYOFFS, NOW YOUR GOING TO SAY THE REGULAR SEASON DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING WELL IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN WHY DO YOU CARE HOW THEY ARE PLAYING NOW. Lets keep in mind some of these guys come off the books next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

You need a life if you are still complaining about this team after an 8 out of 10 road trip. Sure they're not perfect but no team is. I would love to see your reaction if you were in Washington for its recent skid or god love you if you are a Jersey fan.

The team played a good overall game last night and everyone is complaining.

Listen, Julien will not be fired before the end of the season and there will be no game changing trades for the rest of the year. Predicting that they are a 2nd round playoff team and nothing more is BS and I don't see any real support for that view. The Bs have proven that they can play and beat any team in the Eastern conference, just because they aren't exciting enough isn't a reason to think that they will fail in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]You need a life if you are still complaining about this team after an 8 out of 10 road trip. Sure they're not perfect but no team is. I would love to see your reaction if you were in Washington for its recent skid or god love you if you are a Jersey fan. The team played a good overall game last night and everyone is complaining. Listen, Julien will not be fired before the end of the season and there will be no game changing trades for the rest of the year. Predicting that they are a 2nd round playoff team and nothing more is BS and I don't see any real support for that view. The Bs have proven that they can play and beat any team in the Eastern conference, just because they aren't exciting enough isn't a reason to think that they will fail in the playoffs.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

But they haven't proven they can beat anyone in the playoffs the last 2 yrs. That is what the goal is. 
    I WANT A CUP. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]They haven't lost in regulation over the last six games. What else do you want? I sometimes feel that the Bruins could go 98-1-0 (including playoffs) and fans on here would be flipping out because they lost one playoff game.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

You are assuming that the people complaining are Bruins fans. They arent, its just RMiller or some other dumbasz using a new moniker. If a guy has 40 posts and every one of them is crying about something, chances are it isnt a B's fan. Its one of these:

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I am thinking that I am in camp #2 also. A few changes would definitely improve this team, but, I do not see them happening. I would prefer to see Recchi on the 4th line His skating is much too slow and his passing and puck control has not been good; when Stuart comes back I would prefer to see Boychuck be the 7th defenseman; he makes too many mental or reactionary mistakes. I would like to see Caron brought back and Arniel given a chance. No real negatives, just some opportunities, and I made zero reference to Claude.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Pretty sure they beat the Sabres last year then imploded vs. the Flyers after going up 3-0. The Bs could have easily beaten the Flyers or Carolina in the prior year if one bounce went the Bs way. Also, beat the Habs the year prior. Don't see where the "they can't beat anyone in the playoffs" is coming from. They've proven they can play and compete with anyone in the league. As I said, if you find it boring, go watch basketball, constant scoring there.

You lose your 2nd best center in Krejic, have a gimpy Savard playing, had Wideman instead of Horton, had Satan instead of Seguin, didn't have a spit f*** like Marchand, and the Flyers got back one of their best players when Krejic went down. I'd say that's a bunch of adversity to go through.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

totally agree nrguy. a few bounces changes everything. it doesn't take much to change a 1 goal loss to a 1 goal win.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]Pretty sure they beat the Sabres last year then imploded vs. the Flyers after going up 3-0. The Bs could have easily beaten the Flyers or Carolina in the prior year if one bounce went the Bs way. Also, beat the Habs the year prior. Don't see where the "they can't beat anyone in the playoffs" is coming from. They've proven they can play and compete with anyone in the league. As I said, if you find it boring, go watch basketball, constant scoring there. You lose your 2nd best center in Krejic, have a gimpy Savard playing, had Wideman instead of Horton, had Satan instead of Seguin, didn't have a spit f*** like Marchand, and the Flyers got back one of their best players when Krejic went down. I'd say that's a bunch of adversity to go through.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]

No more excuses. They win or they don't win (in the playoffs). 
    You say "A bounce here or a bounce there". REALLY. They lose a 3 game lead, and a 3 goal lead in the 7th game and you defend them, saying it proves they can play with any team. They lose to a Carolina team that they should have blown off the ice, and you defend that. Come on. 
    This team ain't good enough. Too soft, and no big time scorer right now. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

yikes!! some people are happier when they're unhappy--cheer up people!! the b's are in 1st place w/ 2 pts in hand...finally healthy...and haven't even played their best hockey yet. the only thing this team needs to do is win at home...period.  ALL great teams in ANY sport are tough to play at home...b's are just ok

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

all that being said...recchi needs to go,mcquaid or boych should move to 7th when stu returns...bring up caron & arniel...and bury paille somewhere in the minors...just one guys opinion----the rest fits just right

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

perrysound, I've found that you are just happy hating the Bruins for all their flaws and I've yet to see you give the team credit for anything they have done well (there are positives other than a cup). And yeah, given that the Bruins were one game away from the conference finals the past 2 years, I have a more positive view after watching this team sputter for years.

To you, they've already lost 4-0 in the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I'll buy part of your argument perrysound.  Either they win or they don't.  No excuses.
    Yup, I'll go along with that, so I won't bring up excuses...try and stick with conventional wisdom.
    Yes, the B's underachieved 2 years ago.  They had a relatively easy path to the finals, and were expected by the hockey community, to beat Carolina.  They didn't.

Last year wasn't a good year, and the experts all agreed the Sabres would oust them in the first round.  Boston beating Buffalo was an upset.  Getting beat by Philly, the way they did, poured water on everything.  If Boston got beat in 6, after winning games 4 and 5, everything would have felt different.

The point is...it doesn't mean anything.  It's all history.  Pieces have changed.  Some of the existing pieces have elevated their game.  The only thing we know about the last 2 years....is that the regular season is just an extended training camp.

Yes, they ain't good enough.  No team is, but training camp isn't halfway done yet.  Your cure suggests blockbuster change(that's the only way to aquire a "big time scorer").  I'd be shocked if the majority in the hockey community would even contemplate imploding something pretty good, for something that may help, but also may blow up in their face.  You know the old "bird in the hand' analogy.  Teams that lead the league in fewest goals scored against/fewest losses, teams that lead their division, don't blow up their core.  They try to improve it.

A lot of things will change before April, one of them will undoubtedly be an extended winless slump for 6 or 7 games.  Happens to everyone.  Every year.

If you're unhappy now, get prepared for full blown rage/panic somewhere in the next couple months.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]You could be right about the 2 camps thing Tryto, but I can't figure out why anyone, at this stage in the season, would be in either. Half of the season is used up, and the proof is in the pudding...this team doesn't need to play at the top of it's game to win.  There have been very few games they've played to that level, yet, they only have 11 losses.  Any team can, and will be beat on a given night.  There is much, much more parity in the league than most assume on these threads. Does anyone realize whats involved in an "upgrade or 2" ?  The first thing it means is getting a good player, at the expense of giving one up, coupled with the illusion that some GM is dumb enough to give us a better player than we're willing to part with.  That won't happen til some of the lower tier teams throw in the towel.  Doing that in the first week of January is not good for ticket sales, and hockey is foremost...a business. Everybody wants an A class puckmover and a legitimate sniper, however, it's nuts to think that can be accomplished without moving some core pieces.  Something may present itself toward the deadline, but mere addition without subtraction will carry a burden of some sort. Everyone here wants a cup, but it should be pointed out that 24 teams will be working on their tan by the end of round 2.  Some will be very good.  Who in their right mind would have picked Philly and Montreal to have the run they did last year?  Who in their right mind would have even bet heavily on Philly making the playoffs?  Who in their right mind would have bet heavily on Montreal taking out BOTH Washington and Pittsburgh? It's impossible to guarantee the top prize, and the duration of the drought has jack to do with anything moving forward....unfortunately. This team has 4 pretty decent lines, and that's because they have no offensive superstars eating up cap space.  They just have pretty good balance.  They absolutely can't play a run and gun style, because they don't have that offensive firepower, so they play strong team defense. They have to, and it's a reasonably good recipe for success in the post season.  It's impossible to assemble a team to win the Stanley Cup.  It's impossible to ensure a second round berth.  If the planets allign properly, and the team is relatively healthy throughout the playoffs, this group could do it, so could 9 or 10 others.  That's all you can build for.  A deal or two could help, but it could also backfire.(see New Jersey) No...things aren't perfect.  Far from it.  At this point in the season though, I just can't understand how some seem to think things are so bad, and the relative ease in making things that much better.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

I can' argue with that, Steve....you're 100% right in saying you gotta give up something to get something...and it's not easy, especially when so many teams are at that level the Bruins are: Good, and with that just on the edge potential of perhaps being good enough to go very deep in the playoffs.

On the other hand, that's what PC is getting paid for, and the fact is for the past 3 years he's elected to take essentially the same team that started the year into the playoffs and the results (I refuse to argue bad bounces, what-if's, and non-Krejci wrist injuries to the contrary) have been KO's in rounds 1,2 and 2 respectively. I don't see it being any different this year, even tho' I ackowledge full well that it COULD turn out differently--as it did for the underdog Habs and Flyers last season.

I'm in no way giving up on this team. Love what they did on the current road trip...feel we haven't seen the best yet from Savvy, Seguin, and maybe even Ryder, but I also would not object if PC found a team w/a key piece (PMD, high-scoring winger) who's not going to the dance and is willing to deal--and gave up some combo of a Ryder, Wheeler, Paille, and/or Tor. draft pick to say "let's try to ramp things up this year and roll the dice for a change."

All those intangible/parity factors would still be in play, but I beleive the team might just response with extra life and determination to get to the next level.

A perfect example staring us now in the face is Tampa Bay getting Roloson. Now, obviously, the Bruins didn't need Rollie, but TB is a strong team that is at about the overall talent level of the Bs, but had one glaring weakness: goalie. Now they've undoubtedly addressed that need. Rollie may not be "the answer" for them but no one can argue they're not a much better team w/him now on the roster.

The Bruins also have needs--for a better blue liner to move/rush the puck and help score goals, and another sniper to really put a little more pressure on other teams and not have it be so tough to come back from deficits as it currently is. Now maybe both those needs can't realistically be dealt with by PC, but I think it's his job to make sure at least one of them is b4 the playoffs start.

If not--we'll have to wait and see what happens...I'll hope for the best, but will fully expect no better than a 2nd round bye-bye.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, I don't know TTBI, Roloson's an older goaltender who was bounced from non-contender to non-contender since his one flash of glory.  I'd argue that move could be little more than lipstick on the pig.

Re: "Good team" vs. "win the Cup" - you can't win a Cup in January.  You can develop chemistry and commitment in a good team in January.  Good teams win Cups.  In the last decade, Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Anaheim have all gone from 1st or 2nd round roadkill to Cup winners to on the outside looking in in very short spans of time despite keeping most of the key pieces of their core intact.  Cup winning "great" teams of the last decade - the kind people seem to expect the Bruins to be - either hit a few huge jackpots later in the draft (Detroit) or stunk for long enough to build with top 5 picks (Pittsburgh, Chicago, Avalanche).  The only team somewhere in between is New Jersey, and they had Marty Brodeur, so....

Every team can get better if it finds the right deal, but rarely is the right deal found by forcing someone's hand.  More often than not, good teams become destiny's team when someone, or better yet, more than one player, suddenly steps up at the right time and becomes rising tide that lifts all ships.  Seguin could be that player for the Bruins.  So could Wheeler (no, really!) or Horton or Lucic.  You're better off trying to find ways to create the right conditions for a breakout than you are trying to add another team's gamebreaker to your lineup in March.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

they won the f**cking game.

Sections
Shortcuts