Same Old Crap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Same Old Crap

Well I have to agree with you on this one...Seguin needs to play much more or else it will be a wasted season for him ...he wont developp......I think if the B's are going to keep him on the bench they should send him to Providence so he could play much more....this is really serious ..the kid's got the talent but he needs to play

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I don't agree with either of you, Seguin is seeing PP time, and he is seeing the Ice, but he hasnt been productive, and he looks like a junior out there trying to play a mens game.. At the Philly game he was all over the ice, he was down anytime anyone was in his general area.

He is creative with the puck, but there are huge holes in his game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

After watching Seguin 8 out of 10 times he is outmuscled in the corner or coughs up the puck. He is still learning and not quite responsible in his own defensive end...yes, you see the talent but remember watching Stamkos last year? Same thing...give him a year or two bulk up and figure out the speed...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Has anyone heard or seen an interview with Julien where the question of how Seguin is progressing has been asked?   Has Seguin been asked about which areas he has been asked to focus on in his development?   Perhaps something has been identified in his game by Julien that needs improvement before he is able to be put on the ice for 14+ min a game?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

In Response to Re: Same Old Crap:
    Well I have to agree with you on this one...Seguin needs to play much more or else it will be a wasted season for him ...he wont developp......I think if the B's are going to keep him on the bench they should send him to Providence so he could play much more....this is really serious ..the kid's got the talent but he needs to play Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Stanley, Tyler should be taking minutes away from BIG WHEEL. They both play like they don't want to get hit. Seguin has more talent and goes to the net more than Wheeler. That being said he needs to get more physical. Watching Taylor Hall is what Seguin needs to do. Every game I've seen with Hall in he gets in the corners and does his fair share of hitting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

really? an extra 2 or 3 minutes on the ice is going to catapult a rookie into stardom...he's lucky he's seeing any playing time. there are 3 other rooks that need to be closly monitored also. and seguin has shown only one or two stengths-his speed and his sniperability. extra playing time will not help the fact that he avoids any contact and falls down every time contacted. he needs to get stronger...that will happen over the next season or 2, not by springtime-limit his play-just because he was 2nd pick does not entitle him to more playing time.improvement = more playing time.its not like he's playing 5 minutes a nite 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If Seguin sat every time he made a defensive mistake, he would be averaging about 3 minutes a game.  He is sloppy and weak.  His talent is awesome and I think he has progressed alot already this year, but he still has work to do.  Just last night I was comparing him and Krejci, and how Seguin has great playmaking ideas, but he telegraphs them.  Krejci is far more deceptive.  In time Tyler will learn the tricks of the NHL trade and dominate, but he hasn't learned them yet.  CJ is doing a great job of brining him along.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

he has the attitude and skill set to be an outstanding player in all three zones in the league for 12-15 years.He is very young and does need to mature physically to add a little bulk and strength but that will come within a year or two.when he adds that strength(and a really good conditioning program this off-season will do wonders for him.I am impressed with his with his work ethic and instincts and am very happy he is a Bruin.No regrets!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

After watching Seguin 8 out of 10 times he is outmuscled in the corner or coughs up the puck. He is still learning and not quite responsible in his own defensive end...yes, you see the talent but remember watching Stamkos last year? Same thing...give him a year or two bulk up and figure out the speed...
    Posted by dogmonsta

Seriously he is WAY out muscled...Gets knocked around more than savard does. He'll learn the game just fine with the minutes he is getting. Honestly he hasnt done anything to warrant more minutes. Sure you give someone more minutes and hes bound to produce eventually, but I dont think he has earned it....But you know, he's a rookie and eventually things will turn around for him. Also, the B's dont need to put that much pressure on him...He can learn just as much by watching from the bench.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

notice he serves all bench penalties(goaltenders also) , i have no problem with this either. he's the guy i would sit also-least experienced member of the team.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

adkb..
    he serves bench penalties cause he doesn't play the pk.. Probably wouldnt be used in 4 on 4, and coming out of the box returning to 5 on 5, hes the man on the team you want up ice for that potential break out..

Thats a smart decision, its not an experience measure, etc.. imo..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

This is ridiculous...

The Bruins are first in their division (and pulling away), second in the Eastern conference, and currently averaging about 5 goals a game - and people are complaining about Seguin's playing time.

C'mon... and this whole "he's not going to 'develop' properly" thing is hogwash.  The kid is only 18 flippin' years old!  He's got plenty of time to "develop" ...

It seems there are a whole lot of Fanboys out there that would prefer the Bruins have the next "it" kid than win games and a Cup. 

The kid is being brought along slowly because he's got a lot of areas he needs work on.  He even said it himself that he's still adjusting to the speed of the NHL game.  Get a grip, folks... Seguin's getting plenty of ice time for his current talent level.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I think they have most rookies sit bench minors....Correct me if I am wrong....Didnt the Canes get a penalty last night and the rookie Spinner serve it....I think thats his last name. So spare me, if Ive totally botched this post up.

Thanks in advance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

notice he serves all bench penalties(goaltenders also) , i have no problem with this either. he's the guy i would sit also-least experienced member of the team.   
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I think this is because if you could spring someone out of the box. Like we see happen all the time CJ(and most of us) would want Seguin to be the one on that breakaway. Thats the type of Offensive talent he boasts head and shoulders above everyone else on the team..

Someone needs to tell him that Vets are vets because they've been in the league for at least 2years. He will be there one day and will be a force when he is. But right now he seems timid about getting hit and making the extra move/play because he knows if he turns the puck over he'll be riding the pine for the next period or half period.

Ive seen him take so many 40ft wristers when he's had the speed to split the D and make hte move. He must be horrified of turning the puck over, and that is on CJ.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I think Seguin is playing like a high drafted pick should look like. Shows his speed and stick handling, but also shows that he's an 18yr old boy, growing into a man. Personally, I think they are treating him like he should be treated, fairly. If in fact Seguin dosen't like the minutes he's getting, some where down the line we will here about it. He'll talk to someone about it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

roler... my point exactly,why doesn'the play pk? he's the guy you can't quite trust yet, and thats fine he's a rook, limit his minutes, and put him in , in situations he can find sucess

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think roler is exactly right about why he serves bench penalties, and after watching him play recently I can't fault Claude for using him the way he does.

Let's face it, if there was the option to send Seguin to Providence, he would be there.  He needs to get stronger and get more confidence and it is hard to do that in Boston.  I think Providence would actually be a good place for him to blend his immense talent with some tough N.A. style hockey and let him get better in the corners and stronger on his skates.

Now, please don't take this as a knock on the kid or rush to defend him.  I love Seguin and I think he will be a star.  I wouldn't trade him straight up for Kessel right now.  He's just not quite ready, mentally or physically, to play 20 minutes a night in this league.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

fletch..come'on give me the credit not roler!!my infinite hockey knowledge goes completely unnoticed on these posts...i was a pee wee allstar...lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ahem.  I would like to commend adkbeesfan on his spot on analysis throughout this post.  A tip o' the hat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x. Show golden9x's posts

pure and simple and I have said it all along to my fellow B's fanatics..he should have been left down, at least til after the Junior Champioship if he had been picked....he needs to develop physically some more as attested by everyone has pointed out him getting outmuscled and another half year in junior and the championships would have only served him to get more confident and grow a little more..truly a win/win situation.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Actually I saw the action differently with Seguin, although like a junior playing a men's game, he was active trying to maintain position.  He does have some type of issue when out on the ice too long, out of breath in one sequence.  Now compared to Skinner who was out of position defensively despite using his limited size offensively to an advantage.  I truly believe in two years, Seguin will be a top six forward beyond aforementioned Skinner.  He does need time on ice.  I will correct my view on the tutelage of Bruins' management.  They are doing a good job keeping him in the game at the right time.  Always remember, Bergeron was 17, but he was an anomaly.  Orr and Bourque were just unbelievable at the age of 18.  Neely was not productive offensively until the age of 22.  I need temper the expectations.  The question is do the fans need to do the same.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bergeron was 18, but a better defensive player, certainly stronger on his skates.

Seguin is trying to cheat, leaves pucks on sticks, leaves pucks on the boards that he can get it..

He is playing on the boards and tries to cheat the man everytime to creat the rush going up ice.. The bigger commitment should be to getting the puck out of the zone.

I think the biggest issue I have with his game is just that, watch the puck come around to his side on the defensive zone and he gets to the boards, and tries to chip the puck past the man nearly every time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueoxen. Show blueoxen's posts

Seguin is 18 years old! Look at your teenager and ask him to play against Chara.  He needs some years not playing time. Hes learning at a good pace.

Stanley Cup to Boston in 2011!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bergeron was 18, but a better defensive player, certainly stronger on his skates. Seguin is trying to cheat, leaves pucks on sticks, leaves pucks on the boards that he can get it.. He is playing on the boards and tries to cheat the man everytime to creat the rush going up ice.. The bigger commitment should be to getting the puck out of the zone. I think the biggest issue I have with his game is just that, watch the puck come around to his side on the defensive zone and he gets to the boards, and tries to chip the puck past the man nearly every time.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Stand corrected on Bergeron, drafted at 17.  Do not disagree with your assessment on Seguin.  Seguin is learning the game, he does cheat to make offensive moves up ice.  Two parts of my thinking there, one is don't restrict because he has the skill to do something with the puck if he gains possession (potentially a real offensive player), the other is learn your position as it is a team game with defense on the mind (a second liner... better than Kessel btw).  If the young man is learning his game, all have to be cognizant that he is ultimately in charge of the above decision making not management.  For if he is correct, the gain is significant.  If not then the pick is still worthy of a number six forward.  Cheers, like your views Roler.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from knewjax hockey. Show knewjax hockey's posts

Seguin is showing he could have used another year in Junior.  He gets out muscled constantly and a lot of times just coughs up the puck just to get rid of it 'cause he's tired and needs a line change.  He's still pretty irresponsible with the puck.  He just looks like a kid in a man's game as somebody already said. You see flashes of speed and what he can do but I would say Marchand looks speedier than Seguin does right now.

And rolerhoky19 my friend..... I disagreed with a post you made at the beginning of the season stating Lucic could reach close to 30 goals.  I said the best he'll do is about 17-20 which at the time 17 was his career high.  I'm glad to say I am gladly incorrect, he just got to number 17 last night.  I've always been a fan of the bad @$$ power forward who has the skill and the toughness to man handle people.  For years my favorite player was Todd Bertuzzi.  My only complaint on Lucic this year is I think he only has one fighting major.  Which I understand the reasoning, Claude doesn't want him off the ice for 5 minutes being a key goal scorer or breaking a hand in a fight.  Just wanted to give you a shout out and give acknowledgment where it's deserved.

Sections
Shortcuts