Same old, same old in Minnesota...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Same old, same old in Minnesota...

Tell me if you have seen this movie before:

Bruins "control play."  Outshoot other team by wide margin.  Other goalie makes a couple good saves, almost never on a rebound.  Best shots of the period come from Paille and Thornton. Or Ference.  Or Campbell. 

Bruins fans everywhere assert "B's would win if it wasn't for the incredible goaltending of (WardLundqvistRennePavlecWhoEverisPlayingToday)."

No rebound shots, no grit in front, no power play, no tips or deflections, no fear of the point shots.

ZERO offense.  Think Minnesota will get an odd goal in the second and win 1-0?

I'm not criticizing the B's as I think they are trying hard enough. They can't score goals on anybody, regardless of getting 40 empty, easy shots to stop.  Something has to give.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Same old, same old in Minnesota...

Hmm, long wrist shot, goal.

Those Ken Drydens we play every game stop all of theose, though.

I hate predicting the future, but it's not hard anymore.

2-0 loss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Same old, same old in Minnesota...": [QUOTE]Tell me if you have seen this movie before: Bruins "control play."  Outshoot other team by wide margin.  Other goalie makes a couple good saves, almost never on a rebound.  Best shots of the period come from Paille and Thornton. Or Ference.  Or Campbell.  Bruins fans everywhere assert "B's would win if it wasn't for the incredible goaltending of (WardLundqvistRennePavlecWhoEverisPlayingToday)." No rebound shots, no grit in front, no power play, no tips or deflections, no fear of the point shots. ZERO offense.  Think Minnesota will get an odd goal in the second and win 1-0? I'm not criticizing the B's as I think they are trying hard enough. They can't score goals on anybody, regardless of getting 40 empty, easy shots to stop.  Something has to give. Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE] there you go 1 zip Wild...good luck getting two past Backstrom

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It doesn't help that it's Minnesota.  Has there ever been a Bruins-Wild game that didn't go this way?  Doesn't seem like it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Same old, same old in Minnesota...:
    [QUOTE]Tell me if you have seen this movie before: Bruins "control play."  Outshoot other team by wide margin.  Other goalie makes a couple good saves, almost never on a rebound.  Best shots of the period come from Paille and Thornton. Or Ference.  Or Campbell.  Bruins fans everywhere assert "B's would win if it wasn't for the incredible goaltending of (WardLundqvistRennePavlecWhoEverisPlayingToday)." No rebound shots, no grit in front, no power play, no tips or deflections, no fear of the point shots. ZERO offense.  Think Minnesota will get an odd goal in the second and win 1-0? I'm not criticizing the B's as I think they are trying hard enough. They can't score goals on anybody, regardless of getting 40 empty, easy shots to stop.  Something has to give.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

SoxFan - Bang on.  The traits you mention are ones the Bruins have slowly allowed to creep into their game which massively reduces their effectiveness.  It seems this form of play is habitual with them right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Who the heck is Chad Rau?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

This is laughable, has Seguin ever thrown a body check?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Insurmountable now

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Why are they getting the greasy goals? WTH????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JacksRyan. Show JacksRyan's posts

Someone needs to tell Timy Thomas to stop worrying about Facebook and to start worrying about looking back in his net.  He appears so out of it on the ice.  He was completely out of position on the first goal (short side), doesn't tell Seidenberg that icing is off (Seidenberg gets crushed), etc.

PC has got to do something, if nothing but to see this team get their heads out of the sand. 

Hey Chara - would you hit someone?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

ABSOLUTE FU.CKING HORSEHI.T!!!!

MAKE A FUC.KING TRADE ALREADY, PC. THIS TEAMS SUCKS HORSESHIT!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenway3. Show fenway3's posts

Thomas is not the problem.  Bruins need to start putting the puck in the back of the net. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I wonder if we'd have the same outcome had Krejci tipped in that shot/pass in the crease a few minutes into the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

sorry PC, but just depth additions will no longer suffice....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

This is nothing new people. Just anotherl oss to an out of the playoffs or western conference team. Thier record in these games is so bad in the last 3 years that at this point its pretty much a sure bet what will happen. This year alone we have 19 losses, 15 of them are from teams currently out of the playoffs or from the west. If they lose today and it certainly looks like they will as the effort has been SH!T at best, 16 of 20. Great effort in these games guys, Pialle has been the best player on the ice for us??? REALLY ?!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

This team doesn't need just a shot in the arm. They need a freakin BLOOD TRANSFUSION! What the heck is Seids doing turning his body on Cullen? Why is TT having his weight all shifted to one leg on a one on one? PC if you don't do something & this team is eliminated in the 1st round it's on YOU! You have an opportunity to do something.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Same old, same old in Minnesota...:
    [QUOTE]This team doesn't need just a shot in the arm. They need a freakin BLOOD TRANSFUSION! What the heck is Seids doing turning his body on Cullen? Why is TT having his weight all shifted to one leg on a one on one? PC if you don't do something & this team is eliminated in the 1st round it's on YOU! You have an opportunity to do something.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

nite - That crash 'n bang sequence we just saw from Hennessy, Caron and Pouliot is the form the Bruins are supposed to employ from the opening faceoff.  It's their most effective style.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Same old, same old in Minnesota...:
    [QUOTE]Hmm, long wrist shot, goal. Those Ken Drydens we play every game stop all of theose, though. I hate predicting the future, but it's not hard anymore. 2-0 loss.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

You called it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

2-0 Final.

It's not as interesting when you not only know the score 3 hours before game time, you know exactly how it's going to go.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Too much reliance on the point men. No offense coming from under the circles and their entry into the offensive needs work. I attribute most of this to injuries and all in all didnt think they played that bad a game today, the effort was there.

SoxFan your right to a point, but all those goalies you mentioned also made some real tough saves also. Ward and Lundqvist came in here and just stole a game, plain and simple. It would be nice if TT or Tuuka could do the same, perhaps give some momentum.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

The trouble with the PP is they must be actually listening to Ward!....talk about organized confusion.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Soxfan and Kel, your comments on the Bs play is spot on.  Yet,  I checked the 2010-2011 regular season results, despite the fact Boston was on a winning streak this time last year, shortly thereafter in March the Bs were in the same lethargic play as witnessed recently.  Your comments could easily be used interchangeably this and last year.  Even the trades were being ridiculed on this board in March.  So, I think PC will move on the trades, yet I am not panicking.  The playoffs will be different.  Nonetheless, it is hard to watch right now!