same trend.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

same trend.

I posted about this last year and I'll do it again this year. This bruins team doesnt show up for games against teams out of the eastern conference playoff picture or western confrence games (other then them 2 games against Dallas, but this year was a no show).

Losses vs teams currently not in the playoff picture in the EAST - 9

Losses vs teams in the WEST - 4

Mind you at this time we have 15 losses so only 2 losses with teams where the motivation for the team is to beat the other playoff teams in the east and them were to Philly on opening night and Florida (which again this team is famous for not showing up for the back to back games in january vs the florida teams before the allstar break each year, its vacation time! ).

This coaching staff is maybe the best at X's and O's in the league, but they are equally as bad at getting this team to show up for games that they are not self motivated to play and the numbers were just as bad for the last 3 seasons and they dont lie.

In the end if your only planning on going to one or two games per a year for this team, dont get tickets vs teams that fall into this catagory or there is a very high percentage chance you'll walk out going WTH was that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: same trend.

"This coaching staff is maybe the best at X's and O's in the league, but they are equally as bad at getting this team to show up for games that they are not self motivated to play and the numbers were just as bad for the last 3 seasons and they dont lie."

------

I just don't get this kind of thinking.

Doesn't the onus mainly fall on the player for this ? There are thousands of people in the building to watch them play ( plus tv ). They are making an absurd amount of money to play a game. Their jobs are wanted by up and coming players who are next in line to get them. Isn't this enough to get a person motivated to play at a high intensity level for 60 minutes without the coaches having to do it for them all the time ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

In Response to Re: same trend.:
    [QUOTE]"This coaching staff is maybe the best at X's and O's in the league, but they are equally as bad at getting this team to show up for games that they are not self motivated to play and the numbers were just as bad for the last 3 seasons and they dont lie."                                                ------ I just don't get this kind of thinking. Doesn't the onus mainly fall on the player for this ? There are thousands of people in the building to watch them play ( plus tv ). They are making an absurd amount of money to play a game. Their jobs are wanted by up and coming players who are next in line to get them. Isn't this enough to get a person motivated to play at a high intensity level for 60 minutes without the coaches having to do it for them all the time ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. But the numbers just dont support it and part of a coaching staff's JOB is to have your players ready to play. The numbers support that this coaching staff certainly doesnt do that very well, and dont get me wrong here, as i stated i like Claude and think his systems are top notch. But i also think that now and then maybe he needs to light a fire under someones a$$ and doesnt.
    None of us are in the locker room to know for sure, so im just going on what the numbers show us and the obvious answer for them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I really don' think the coaching staff has anything to do with this.
    Last night in Julien's post game interview he was pretty upset and basically said his players aren't playing the system
    The forwards are not coming back deep in the D-zone for the D and break out of the zone and the D are trying long passes that more often than not are broken up in the neutral zone.  Called it players getting lazy.
    He also added the Bruins have not had a good forecheck lately,  they get to the puck too late , the other team is already braking out. 
    These are the things the team keeps practicing , it's just the players right now are not executing.
    I'll give you one thing though, at this time last year just before the trade deadline, the Bruins did slump a little  like this.  Only problem this season is they don't have that extra forward and extra defense last season that pushed some of the players derriere's . Without mentioning any names.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same trend. : I agree with you. But the numbers just dont support it and part of a coaching staff's JOB is to have your players ready to play. The numbers support that this coaching staff certainly doesnt do that very well, and dont get me wrong here, as i stated i like Claude and think his systems are top notch. But i also think that now and then maybe he needs to light a fire under someones a$$ and doesnt. None of us are in the locker room to know for sure, so im just going on what the numbers show us and the obvious answer for them.
    Posted by puckhog9966[/QUOTE]

It is also the main part of a player's job . Not part of it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same trend. : It is also the main part of a player's job . Not part of it.

and I can't believe NHLer's not ready to play any game.  Nothing the coaches can do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same trend. : It is also the main part of a player's job . Not part of it.

Did you miss one of the first sentences in my orignal post? "this team doesnt show up", that would be the players. I'm not putting this all on the coaching staff, im saying that this coaching staff doesnt in my eye's do enough to end this trend, because it continue's and its not something that is just an oddity, at this point its a real trend and needs to be broken by the team as a whole.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

[QUOTE]I really don' think the coaching staff has anything to do with this. Last night in Julien's post game interview he was pretty upset and basically said his players aren't playing the system The forwards are not coming back deep in the D-zone for the D and break out of the zone and the D are trying long passes that more often than not are broken up in the neutral zone.  Called it players getting lazy. He also added the Bruins have not had a good forecheck lately,  they get to the puck too late , the other team is already braking out.  These are the things the team keeps practicing , it's just the players right now are not executing. I'll give you one thing though, at this time last year just before the trade deadline, the Bruins did slump a little  like this.  Only problem this season is they don't have that extra forward and extra defense last season that pushed some of the players derriere's . Without mentioning any names.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I saw that interview on NESN as well. But that doesnt change the trend here, go back and look at the last 3 years and the vast majority of losses for this team have been to teams that fall into this type of game .. even this year I would put the losses to Florida and Philly into these type of games where they just dont care or are distracted by either a banner night or a fishing trip and some golf in the sun. If i was a betting man ide be rich by going with this formula for this team.

My question about the coaching staff is, do they do enough to not allow this team to play down to the level of competition? the numbers support that they dont.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Now with all this being said, the polar opposite number for this team is true as well. In games where it is a "must win" they seem to come ready to play and have a huge win to loss margin for the winning side of things. Which is why i still would pick the Bruins to win the cup again this year. I just want to see this nasty trend of playing down to the level of the competition end and start beating these teams they should more often then not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same trend. : I saw that interview on NESN as well. But that doesnt change the trend here, go back and look at the last 3 years and the vast majority of losses for this team have been to teams that fall into this type of game .. even this year I would put the losses to Florida and Philly into these type of games where they just dont care or are distracted by either a banner night or a fishing trip and some golf in the sun. If i was a betting man ide be rich by going with this formula for this team. My question about the coaching staff is, do they do enough to not allow this team to play down to the level of competition? the numbers support that they dont.

Seems like a witch hunt on why they lost these games . How about Philly and Florida were the better teams that night and the Bruins were outplayed ?

Here's the trend I see. Sometimes you beat the teams below you, sometimes you don't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What concerns me is stringing together 3 bad games in a row. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]What concerns me is stringing together 3 bad games in a row. 
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

You must have been pulling your hair out the first 10 games of the season . How'd that turn out ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same trend. : Seems like a witch hunt on why they lost these games . How about Philly and Florida were the better teams that night and the Bruins were outplayed ? Here's the trend I see. Sometimes you beat the teams below you, sometimes you don't.  

Or history repeats itself. I remember 2 years ago that the Bruins went on a "team bonding fishing trip" during the day before a game with Florida that night and layed an egg as usual in Florida. The report was that some of the team had gotten to much sun and was a little dehydrated for the game. So them using that Florida trip as a vacation, isnt just made up out of thin air or a witch hunt. 90% of thier losses in the last 3 years have fallen into this scenario for a game, thats not just sometimes you lose and sometimes you win. That would be 50/50 and its not that. They are not playing .500 hockey vs these teams, with only 7 wins vs the east bottom dwellers and 3 wins vs the west. That leaves 22 wins vs the meat of the East vs 2 losses, 3 if you include the OT loss to the Rangers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same trend. : I agree with you. But the numbers just dont support it and part of a coaching staff's JOB is to have your players ready to play. The numbers support that this coaching staff certainly doesnt do that very well, and dont get me wrong here, as i stated i like Claude and think his systems are top notch. But i also think that now and then maybe he needs to light a fire under someones a$$ and doesnt. None of us are in the locker room to know for sure, so im just going on what the numbers show us and the obvious answer for them.

This is silly.  On one hand you say CJ doesn't light a fire under their a$$ es.  On the other hand you say that because you're not in the locker room, you don' know for sure.  Which one is it?

Personally I'm not going to get overly excited about losses until mid-April.  The B's didn't finish last night, it happens.  Give Carolina and Ward props and move on to tomorrow's game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

The Bruins have to make adjustments to an aggressive forecheck which teams are using against the Bs.

Carolina have given the Bs fits the past few years including there playoff series a couple of years ago.

They chip the puck in and send two agressive forecheckers and the Bs are having trouble retrieving and then transitioning. The Canes have done it to a tea and other teams appear to be mimicking it as a way to play the Bruins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same trend. : You must have been pulling your hair out the first 10 games of the season . How'd that turn out ?

Actually not, I 'liked' those losses - meaning I thought they played well in losing efforts.  Where they showed up IMO.

I was pulling my hair out in the losing streaks like we saw previous to Feb last year where they had several games in a row where nobody showed up.

These last 3 games are dangerously approaching that and I'm edgy.  Bad game v. Pens Saturday and I'll be in panic mode.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same trend. : Actually not, I 'liked' those losses - meaning I thought they played well in losing efforts.  Where they showed up IMO. I was pulling my hair out in the losing streaks like we saw previous to Feb last year where they had several games in a row where nobody showed up. These last 3 games are dangerously approaching that and I'm edgy.  Bad game v. Pens Saturday and I'll be in panic mode.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Panic mode in February ? How about firing Claude ? Maybe he's not an elite coach anymore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same trend. : This is silly.  On one hand you say CJ doesn't light a fire under their a$$ es.  On the other hand you say that because you're not in the locker room, you don' know for sure.  Which one is it? Personally I'm not going to get overly excited about losses until mid-April.  The B's didn't finish last night, it happens.  Give Carolina and Ward props and move on to tomorrow's game.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Yep

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: same trend. : This is silly.  On one hand you say CJ doesn't light a fire under their a$$ es.  On the other hand you say that because you're not in the locker room, you don' know for sure.  Which one is it? Personally I'm not going to get overly excited about losses until mid-April.  The B's didn't finish last night, it happens.  Give Carolina and Ward props and move on to tomorrow's game.

Every team in the league is going to give special attention to a game vs. the Cup Champs.  For teams like the 'Canes, who are very likely not going to make the playoffs, they can at least hang their hat on the "well, we beat defending Champs 3 times".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Maybe the Bruins aren't really that much better than other teams (or any better at all) and the coaching staff does a fantastic job getting them up for big important games against good competition.  So good, in fact, that they won the Stanley Cup.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I am more than content with a team that loses the unimportant games and wins the big ones.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]I am more than content with a team that loses the unimportant games and wins the big ones.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    So true.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

[QUOTE]I am more than content with a team that loses the unimportant games and wins the big ones.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

The difference in even playing .500 hockey in these games is a 4pt lead in the NHl standings and all the game 7's in the playoffs being at home. To give an idea of what that may mean... game 7 vs tampa = no penalties in Boston, game 7 vs Vancouver was penatly filled and the Canucks had like what 7 powerplays in that game? and i felt alot of them were due to lobbying by Vancouver and over reaction by the fans on every little thing, that refs reacted to as well.

So its easy win some of these games that they should and gain that advantage if there is one themselves in thier own barn. Winning other games against better teams is not an excuse to be losing these games IMO.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puckhog9966. Show puckhog9966's posts

Whatever he does for these games it doesnt work for these players. I dont know what tactics he tries if any. If this was just a case of a hot goalie and the bruins not playing good the last 3 games or so then I would agree with your perception of things ... but the numbers reflect 3 years of this trend, not 3 games.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Good teams lose to lousy teams every night.  In every sport.  It just happens.  I wouldn't put too much stock in these losses as the team has plenty of time to get out of this funk. 

As CJ says, they're not following his system right now.  It's up to both the coaches and the players to figure it out.  I'm pretty sure the players know what they're doing wrong, so I blame most of it on them.  They've been around it long enough.

Sections
Shortcuts