SanDog has a Pant Tent!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: SanDog has a Pant Tent!

I think one of the main reasons Caron stays up with the Bruins is his grinder game compared to Sauve at the NHL level. Throw in that Caron has a bigger heavier build for absorbing hits as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: SanDog has a Pant Tent!:
    [QUOTE]I think one of the main reasons Caron stays up with the Bruins is his grinder game compared to Sauve at the NHL level. Throw in that Caron has a bigger heavier build for absorbing hits as well.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, I'm really looking forward to Sauve getting his chance.You're right though. He and Caron are different players with different skill-sets.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SanDog has a Pant Tent! : All I have to say is Kaberle.  .. and run ...cheers!
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Well that hurts me.......on the inside. Cheers to you Sir!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I think one of the main reasons Caron stays up with the Bruins is his grinder game compared to Sauve at the NHL level. Throw in that Caron has a bigger heavier build for absorbing hits as well.

I agree.  The B's don't want to put a full blown green horn on a top line, and Sauve cannot play the style of the bottom line.  That's not a knock against Sauve.  It's just not his style, just as top line duty isn't Caron's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SanDog has a Pant Tent! : I bring up his work ethic only because of your claim that Caron should watch Sauve to see what a deserving player looks like. You then said Caron doesn't work hard. What makes Caron more deserving than Sauve you ask? CJ does. He's trying to ice the best team possible. You don't like Caron. We get it. CJ does like him though. I do too. I also call it like I see it. I see you've got a problem with Caron and anyone who doesn't is a ball washer. I'll tell you the same as I told Nite. I'll revisit this in a month and we'll see where this plays out then. Until then, cheers to living up to your name.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

WOW, CJ loves this kid! 5:09 of ice time last night.  Guess it's better that Sauve stay down in Providence and actually play since he has missed so much time, if that is the ice time Claude will give him as well.  CARON = JAG

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SanDog has a Pant Tent! : WOW, CJ loves this kid! 5:09 of ice time last night.  Guess it's better that Sauve stay down in Providence and actually play since he has missed so much time, if that is the ice time Claude will give him as well.  CARON = JAG
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    You know this is the NHL right. You know Boston are the Cup champs right? Sounds to me like you've never played above your skill level. What I mean is when you're low on the totem pole, you take whatever ice you get.If you'd like I can find quotes from CJ applauding Caron's game. Sure, there are nowhere near as many as the number of posts in which you cry about him but they are there.......

Julien gushes about the Caron. “Well, I think the guys are getting a little familiar with each other, you know. I think the guy that I can’t say enough about is Jordan Caron,” Julien said  “He had an outstanding game tonight but he has been so good on our penalty kill — smart plays and stripping guys and beating the shooting lane.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Julien needs to get a little desperate for offense so this might (like big maybe) bode well for Sauve. I'd take Max's speed n hands over Pouliot, Caron and Thornton's put together right now with the same amount of TOI all day. It's just the lack of NHL experience especially in the Dzone where Julien shakes when it comes to Sauve so there is the catch .22 for Mad Max. He sits for now or Claude takes a chance an obviously keeps his minutes low.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Julien needs to get a little desperate for offense so this might (like big maybe) bode well for Sauve. I'd take Max's speed n hands over Pouliot, Caron and Thornton's put together right now with the same amount of TOI all day. It's just the lack of NHL experience especially in the Dzone where Julien shakes when it comes to Sauve so there is the catch .22 for Mad Max. He sits for now or Claude takes a chance an obviously keeps his minutes low.
    Like I said San, I'm really looking forward to seeing Max get his chance. It's too bad he didn't get in last night. The D played so poorly that I barely noticed who he could replace at forward. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SanDog has a Pant Tent! : About as laughable as all the Ball Washing that is done for this kid.  I call it as I see it.  I will ask you the same question, what makes Caron deserving of a spot as opposed to Sauve?  Caron certainly hasn't torn it up!  Recently CJ has had to dress guys due to injuries, suspensions, and sickness.  Other factors are in play other then just working hard.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Didn't Sauve just come back from a concusion? Guess he couldn't play so CJ let Caron show what he's got. Not to worry people, each guy will get there shot to play.
    Corvo lost his chance last night, I hope, for awhile anyways

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok, Caron is not a first liner.  Yet, CJ does not change up his lines much.  I am surprised by the Krejci move recently with Kelly as the center.  To me the experiment is not working.  Offensively smells!  So with Peverly being hurt the lines are now a mess.  Yet if Kelly goes back to the third line and plays with crazy legs Pouilot then place Rolston/Caron(dare I say) on the first line then the lines are back to where they should be.  Some forget Trent Whitfield played rather than Marchand two years ago basically because Marchand did not have enough experience.  So it will be Rolston once he is acclimated.  Caron is a big body and is not a liability defensively.  CJ plays him on pk.  Now the Sauve question is easy, he spells Pouilot and competes with Caron. Which begs the question why CJ has a "Ryder" crush on Pouilot!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Which begs the question why CJ has a "Ryder" crush on Pouilot!"

He's defensively responsible and that helps when you can't score goals or stay up on your skates :nod:

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SanDog has a Pant Tent! : You know this is the NHL right. You know Boston are the Cup champs right? Sounds to me like you've never played above your skill level. What I mean is when you're low on the totem pole, you take whatever ice you get.If you'd like I can find quotes from CJ applauding Caron's game. Sure, there are nowhere near as many as the number of posts in which you cry about him but they are there....... Julien gushes about the Caron. “Well, I think the guys are getting a little familiar with each other, you know. I think the guy that I can’t say enough about is Jordan Caron,” Julien said  “He had an outstanding game tonight but he has been so good on our penalty kill — smart plays and stripping guys and beating the shooting lane.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Quote is from October 2010.  When is the last time he was on the PK?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, Caron is not a first liner.  Yet, CJ does not change up his lines much.  I am surprised by the Krejci move recently with Kelly as the center.  To me the experiment is not working.  Offensively smells!  So with Peverly being hurt the lines are now a mess.  Yet if Kelly goes back to the third line and plays with crazy legs Pouilot then place Rolston/Caron(dare I say) on the first line then the lines are back to where they should be.  Some forget Trent Whitfield played rather than Marchand two years ago basically because Marchand did not have enough experience.  So it will be Rolston once he is acclimated.  Caron is a big body and is not a liability defensively.  CJ plays him on pk.  Now the Sauve question is easy, he spells Pouilot and competes with Caron. Which begs the question why CJ has a "Ryder" crush on Pouilot!  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

If Caron is not a liability defensively, then why is he one of only two Bruins that is minus.  You can argue all you want about the meaningfulness of +/-, but when essentially the entire team is a plus, there has to be some significance.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SanDog has a Pant Tent! : I agree.  The B's don't want to put a full blown green horn on a top line, and Sauve cannot play the style of the bottom line.  That's not a knock against Sauve.  It's just not his style, just as top line duty isn't Caron's.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  But couldnt yoargue that right now, the bigger team need is for a top line style player?

We have a plethora of solid two way guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to SanDog has a Pant Tent!:
    [QUOTE]Bruins Recall Max Sauve, Andrew Bodnarchuk From Providenc e Love it!  I am interested to see him in the line up, so all the Caron lovers can see a Guy who deserves to be on the NHL ice!
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Larry David's lawyers will be calling discussing copyright laws. Only Larry can have a pant tent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to SanDog has a Pant Tent! : Larry David's lawyers will be calling discussing copyright laws. Only Larry can have a pant tent.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Which lawyer?  The one who was responsible for losing the Dodgers on behalf of Frank McCourt or the talented lawyer who Larry David fired because he wasn't Jewish?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Both.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SanDog has a Pant Tent! : About as laughable as all the Ball Washing that is done for this kid.  I call it as I see it.  I will ask you the same question, what makes Caron deserving of a spot as opposed to Sauve?  Caron certainly hasn't torn it up!  Recently CJ has had to dress guys due to injuries, suspensions, and sickness.  Other factors are in play other then just working hard.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

How many Providence games have you been to this year?  Last year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SanDog has a Pant Tent! : If Caron is not a liability defensively, then why is he one of only two Bruins that is minus.  You can argue all you want about the meaningfulness of +/-, but when essentially the entire team is a plus, there has to be some significance.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Very easy answer:  When the team was blazing hot in the middle of the season, he played very little.  He plays a lot when they stink.  Coming into February, he was even.  The team was downright terrible in February.  Caron was -3.

Other than that, of course, is the fact that +/- is an incredibly poor way to judge any player at any stage of his career.  Krejci is a -7.  Start a thread about his defensive shortcomings if you think it matters.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SanDog has a Pant Tent! : Quote is from October 2010.  When is the last time he was on the PK?
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Here's something more recent although Caron being on the team shows CJ hasn't changed his mind about what Caron is capable of.

- The B's sported a new look on Sunday in Washington, DC as David Krejci took the center spot between Benoit Pouliot and Jordan Caron during Boston's 4-1 win over the Caps.

Tonight, the Bruins are expected to employ the same lines, which now include
    Chris Kelly centering Milan Lucic and Rich Peverley, when they take on the Buffalo Sabres.

"I thought he responded well," said Julien. "When you look at his stats after the game...and what was created [and] when you look at the line in the past, they weren’t even getting any shots on net.

"[On Sunday] I know Caron had about four himself, and David. They were good, I didn’t mind them at all and they did the job and I thought David was good himself.

"It’s just about getting everybody going again and sometimes those changes aren’t bad things."

Krejci was pleased with his performance, but agreed that there was more to it than simple stats.

"I think we play well. We also had fun," he said. "They’re good guys and we had fun on the bench and on the ice. The season’s long, you’re not going to play with your linemates the whole 82 games plus playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

With Paille hurt could Max make his NHL debut against the NYR ? It's either him or MacDermid. The pant tent saga continues.......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: SanDog has a Pant Tent!:[QUOTE] With Paille hurt could Max make his NHL debut against the NYR ? It's either him or MacDermid. The pant tent saga continues.......Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

MacDermid it is because I just don't think Julien thinks that Max's streen bean frame can take the pounding of a physical game against the Rangers and possibly the Leafs as well if Paille is out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Sauve scores another for the Baby B's tonight, 2nd period PP goal.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins

"Bruins recall Sauve on emergency basis; assign Hutchinson bbru.in/Release030712" ^BB

Edit: Now we might have a French line...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

As the old saying goes, it's gonna take more than a french to get rid of your pant tent.