SanDon on the Money

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

Re: SanDon on the Money

I think Pitts got the NYR syndrome of the 90's talent alone will never win you the cup, you need to show up and play. I think MAF get the start next game. It's not do or die yet and if you start Vokoun you risk MAF being out of it mentality for the rest of the playoffs. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

A goalie would need to be the same size and as good an athlete as Kobe Bryant for me to even consider using #1 pick on him. It's too easy to get decent goaltending in the later rounds.

Careful!  I said this about Subban (first round pick instead of first overall, of course) and got taken to the woodshed!

I have no trouble with drafting a goalie late in the first round. I think the draft is basically a crap shoot outside of the top 10-15 most years anyway. #1 pick is just too good to burn on a goalie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Fleury is a total joke.

And I'm always the one who argued Fleury is a top 5 goalie. San and I have gone back and forth on it a few times. I'm eating crow right now, the kid looks lost out there.

Not gonna rub it in Kelv, I know your a fan. It was more of the hype he got from the media and the Penguin fanbase that really irritated me the most. Just not the same goaltender from 2009.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I feel for the kid San, you can see the lack of confidence in his body language. I'm still a fan, I love his game and if he were dealt this off-season some team could probably get him by buying low on him.

To me, this exactly why the Pens went out and got Vokoun.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Don SanDog?

I was gonna says i'm going to have shine up my pinky ring and ask Don Bruino for fogiveness, this his territory.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Canadian Olympic teams goaltending depth is in question when 3 of the more obvious picks,Luongo, Price & Fleury are not very good. I guess Devin Dubnyk is the man. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

A goalie would need to be the same size and as good an athlete as Kobe Bryant for me to even consider using #1 pick on him. It's too easy to get decent goaltending in the later rounds.

Careful!  I said this about Subban (first round pick instead of first overall, of course) and got taken to the woodshed!

I have no trouble with drafting a goalie late in the first round. I think the draft is basically a crap shoot outside of the top 10-15 most years anyway. #1 pick is just too good to burn on a goalie.

Ya our #8 pick is a huge boost to our roster. Wait what? We traded him for Chris Bourque? Ouch. And to think we COULD have gotten Logan Couture, imagine if that had happened? Yes please.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Those comments were for the outhouse .........not woodshed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Unless it's a ploy. Byalsma made the annoucement that Vokoun gets the start in gm 5. That's y they got him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I feel for the kid San, you can see the lack of confidence in his body language. I'm still a fan, I love his game and if he were dealt this off-season some team could probably get him by buying low on him.

To me, this exactly why the Pens went out and got Vokoun.

If he had a different uniform I would as well. Hopefully one day in the Western Conference he'll get his MoJo back, just hope it isn't in the Eastern Conference.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Staal instead of Fleury

Malkin

Crosby

Staal

would have looked pretty decent stat wise,   wow

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

The Canadian Olympic teams goaltending depth is in question when 3 of the more obvious picks,Luongo, Price & Fleury are not very good. I guess Devin Dubnyk is the man. 

Price, Cam Ward, and heck if Marty Brodeur is still playing, why not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I dont see anything wrong with this position.  Goaltending prospects are complete crapshoots and I'd prefer to use my first round draft pick on something more predictable/safe.  Of course, there are exceptions; however, Subban did not appear to be one of them when he was selected (most experts initially determined that the pick was a reach).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Yes, Cam could be the guy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I dont see anything wrong with this position.  Goaltending prospects are complete crapshoots and I'd prefer to use my first round draft pick on something more predictable/safe.  Of course, there are exceptions; however, Subban did not appear to be one of them when he was selected (most experts initially determined that the pick was a reach).

I never read or heard that from anyone. Subban was considered somewhat of a steal at #24. He was the top goaltender of his draft class according to a number of scouts. Check out this article from The Hockey News in March that's about re-ranking the draft 1 year later.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/50530-NHL-scouts-rerank-2012-NHL-draft.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Yes, Cam could be the guy.

I dunno...Depends on how Cam is after his injury. Price is hurt, but he really only had 1 good game in his 4 that he was in. I like Price & think he's a good goalie, but he really hasn't been able to show a consistency of being great. I think Yzerman is going to have a very difficult decision to make. Mike Smith could very well be the starter. And I think right now his other "best" option is.....GULP!! Luongo! 

Regardless of who Canada has in goal isn't going to matter. I think the US with Quick & the players they'll put together with him in goal will be enough to win them a gold. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Luongo has an Olympic gold medal, and despite the flak we get to throw his way for making arrogant and then childish comments in the Finals while getting shelled in 4 of 7, he was unbeatable in the other 3 of 7 and hasn't been Vancouver's problem in the overall scheme.  More and more, you hear the clarion call of "where are all those great scorers they've supposedly got?"

I'd say the chalk is Luongo, Ward, Price in that order (they have to let go of Marty now that Luongo has been the starter once), but you never know - could throw Dubnyk in the mix along with Holtby?  Bernier?  Crawford?  Emery?  Elliott?  All of these guys were better in one or both of the key stats for goalies than Ward, Price and Luongo.  If StL beats the Kings, Elliott will have to be stellar for the next couple of games.  And if he is, a winning playoff performance might bump him to the top of the class.  All the chalk guys will be out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Nonsense !

Tells me how much you follow the draft.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Because of Ward's health issues me thinks Elliot will get the call. This could change if Price finds his way back to form and there is a good chance of that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Luongo has an Olympic gold medal, and despite the flak we get to throw his way for making arrogant and then childish comments in the Finals while getting shelled in 4 of 7, he was unbeatable in the other 3 of 7 and hasn't been Vancouver's problem in the overall scheme.  More and more, you hear the clarion call of "where are all those great scorers they've supposedly got?"

I'd say the chalk is Luongo, Ward, Price in that order (they have to let go of Marty now that Luongo has been the starter once), but you never know - could throw Dubnyk in the mix along with Holtby?  Bernier?  Crawford?  Emery?  Elliott?  All of these guys were better in one or both of the key stats for goalies than Ward, Price and Luongo.  If StL beats the Kings, Elliott will have to be stellar for the next couple of games.  And if he is, a winning playoff performance might bump him to the top of the class.  All the chalk guys will be out.

I think there might be an outside chance for Mike Smith (who woulda thought). He has a small playoff resume, but was pretty good for Phoenix.Right now he is at the World Championships and has looked pretty good. I think he will be invited to Olympic camp but would likely be a longshot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Because of Ward's health issues me thinks Elliot will get the call. This could change if Price finds his way back to form and there is a good chance of that.

The way Mike Smith played against Sweden today he might get a look as well...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think there's an echo in here :P

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

The way Mike Smith played against Sweden today he might get a look as well...

Without Daniel and Henrik Sedin plus blueliner Alex Edler, who are on their way. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

position.  Goaltending prospects are complete crapshoots and I'd prefer to use my first round draft pick on something more predictable/safe.  

^The perspective that I have always endorsed on this issue.  Will be delighted to be wrong about Subban someday...