Satan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmarzella. Show mmarzella's posts

Satan

Just a suggestion? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Satan

I already to the blood oath and look what happened.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

For the price he demands he is okay (he brings some decent skills) but he is soft and is not the type of addition to really move the team forward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Why not, it's Halloween.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Penn State. Show Penn State's posts

Isn't he playing overseas under contract? Or is he available?

Honestly, this seems like a more logical move at this point, than most of the Bourque, Parise, Whitney talk.

Its just a matter of cap space/salary over giving up main roster talent (that is if Satan is out there unsigned).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

oops...i thought this was a thread on julien, by the way everyone's been talking the past week or two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Penn State. Show Penn State's posts

My point is that it seems more logical right NOW. Why make a huge move right now? Hypothetically everyone is still in the playoff race at this point in time, so the asking price for a player is going to be high because no one wants to give up what they have at this point in the season. So why give up top players on this team, that won the cup last year, this early on? There is time to get back on track without a cause for panic.

It seems Chiarelli doesn't pull the trigger on big deals anway and would be more likely to pick up Satan (in a Chris Kelly/Peverly type of pick up). Get a good utility type of guy who can score to try and add some offensive now. Doesn't work out? Then you make the big deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Satan:
    [QUOTE]Isn't he playing overseas under contract? Or is he available? Honestly, this seems like a more logical move at this point, than most of the Bourque, Parise, Whitney talk. Its just a matter of cap space/salary over giving up main roster talent (that is if Satan is out there unsigned).
    Posted by Penn State[/QUOTE]

So signing a 37 year old soft player who had a serious wrist fracture last season. Who gave you 14 pts in 40 games 2 years ago and now plays somewhere in Russia. Is more logical than trading for somebody... Who you know is actually in the NHL?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I thought Satan brought a lot to the table in the playoffs. He's smooth and skilled with soft hands. Not many B's have the soft hands, I wouldn't mind him with Seguin. Two very different, but skilled, players. We need more of that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

And I thought the "bring up Hamill" thread was irritating...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Satan:
    [QUOTE]And I thought the "bring up Hamill" thread was irritating...
    Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]

lol your just mad. But yeah no thx on the satan stuff here. I think everyone just has a warm feeling towards him because of that amazingly well executed dance in the flyers sweep of us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i'd wait a couple of years before i'd bring him back.  he's like a fine wine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

It is Halloween! The Whitney stuff is bad enough.  Too early for teams to give up on their seasons and make trades anyway.  Parity breeds that kind of thinking.  I could speculate as it can be enjoyable especially when the Bs are bottoming out.  If one is going to make a trade, you trade a perceived strength, center, for a perceived need, a number 2 defenseman. The Rask mumbo jumbo trades are as reliable as thinking Whitney or Satan are going to play for the Bs.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

mattc355,

1.  I think Whitney is doable for a late round pick, but why, where does he play?  Who sits?  Satan is not an excellent player defensively, so does he just do the power play?  Neither are the answer.  Let youth be served.  

2.  Rask is not going to be traded.  Thomas is 38 years of age.  He was signed to a contract which is beneficial to the Bs with regards to cap space.  Why?  Rask will get a better contract this time around.  He is the goalie of the Bs future, with a young team that is fine with this fan.

3.  The defenseman is a need in the organization, imo on the team.  Kaberle experiment failed, I plead guilty.  Corvo has not played enough, but the early returns are not good.  Look for a defenseman! Zach Bogosian for instance.  Although I do believe you are correct, the Bs will try to acquire a defenseman later in the season.  

Sections
Shortcuts