Savard declared unfit to play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Savard declared unfit to play

Savard will not play this year, sounds like (as many expected) he won't be back..

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/08/savard_not_expe.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Savard declared unfit to play

In Response to Savard declared unfit to play:
    Savard will not play this year, sounds like (as many expected) he won't be back.. http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/08/savard_not_expe.html
    Posted by rolerhoky19

It's a shame he's unlikely to ever heal enough to play again. I just hope he gets healthy enough to live a normal life. Hockey is an afterthought compared to raising a family. I wish him all the best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I am just a litlle disgusted that I cheered the B's on when he rushed back for the playoffs.  I am not pointing fingers at any individual person for this decision, but, I hope as a team as we have learned a lesson from this.  I hope they err on the side of caution in the future.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

On a positive note, Savard did get to play for awhile in the NHL. Not a good way to leave, that is for sure. I just hope he's well enough to resume life as we all know it and have a happy healthy retirement...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Savard declared unfit to play:
    On a positive note, Savard did get to play for awhile in the NHL. Not a good way to leave, that is for sure. I just hope he's well enough to resume life as we all know it and have a happy healthy retirement...
    Posted by Stuke50

I'd like to see him get involved like Lindros has when he is healthy.. The down side of things is if he retires and loses his actual pay day.. His $28m deal that he signed was more then he had earned to that point in his career.. Hopefully hes been smart with his money.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Here's to hoping he has more than moderate success on whatever golf tour he tries too qualify for. I hope karma bites Colin Campbell and Matt Cooke one day!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

If GM Peter Chiarelli informed the media he is done for the year, that's not good my friends.  Savard's career is over. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

So Matt Cooke officially ruined a career...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I am just a litlle disgusted that I cheered the B's on when he rushed back for the playoffs.  I am not pointing fingers at any individual person for this decision, but, I hope as a team as we have learned a lesson from this.  I hope they err on the side of caution in the future.
    Posted by RickyHussle
    I see your point but every situation is different.I know I certainly wanted Patrice Bergeron in the lineup this year in the playoffs and we wouldn't have won the cup without him .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by RickyHussle

Did they rush him back, or did he rush himself back?  Did he fake it through a test or two in order to be declared fit to play? 

We don't know.

Either way, it's too bad for him and I hope he gets well.  I'm also thrilled at the possibility of that awful contract not hanging over the Bruins head for the next 100 years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Savard declared unfit to play : It's a shame he's unlikely to ever heal enough to play again. I just hope he gets healthy enough to live a normal life. Hockey is an afterthought compared to raising a family. I wish him all the best.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Amen to that, dez. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

To me the fact that he came back to play that series versus the Flyers is a credit to him..He could of sat home and got paid the same..Now, after hearing this, and trust me when I say i'm not a grudge holder or a violent person by any means, but a Shawn Thornton beat down just doesnt do it for me..I watched the replay again, it makes me sick to see how he lines him up...This scum not only ended a hockey career but effected ones quality of life all because he is reckless and couldnt care less how his irrersponsible intentional actions effect the lives of others..he got off easy if you ask me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

No surprise here, still sad to hear that Savard is still feeling the effects of post-concussion syndrome.  Hope he can get that under control shortly and improve the quality of his life going forward.

So, Savard goes on LTIR freeing up another $4M of salary cap for PC to work with.  Now $11.6M worth of space with only Marchand left to sign.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

To me the fact that he came back to play that series versus the Flyers is a credit to him..He could of sat home and got paid the same..Now, after hearing this, and trust me when I say i'm not a grudge holder or a violent person by any means, but a Shawn Thornton beat down just doesnt do it for me..I watched the replay again, it makes me sick to see how he lines him up...This scum not only ended a hockey career but effected ones quality of life all because he is reckless and couldnt care less how his irrersponsible intentional actions effect the lives of others..he got off easy if you ask me.
    Posted by kelvana33

Matt Cooke apologized, so everything is cool with him destroying Savards career now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Marc is making a better decision than what he did two years ago during the Philly playoff series.  Family (personal) is always first! If he plays again that should be the weight of the decision.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

My guess is that Savard doesn't retire and collects money from an insurance company until his contract expires. Bruins don't get hurt much financially from that and I have nothing against that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Savard will not retire until his contract drops way down at the tail end.  He is definately going to collect the $6 mil years.  It's hardly a surprise that he can't play and it doesn't really affect the Bruins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacobspleasesell. Show jacobspleasesell's posts

I feel bad for Savvy and hope he can eventually lead a normal life. His health and family are much more important than hockey.

That being said, since the league f-ed up and failed to punish Matt Cooke properly do you think Claude will take the muzzles off the boys when they face Cooke again and let someone finally give him his due? He should be out of the league as long as Savvy is, but if the league won't do it then maybe one of the B's needs to.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Cooke is a punk and a coward. I hope Lucic or McQuaid clean his clock but good. And thank you Evander Kane.

Best of luck and thanks for the years, Marc.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

With everything going on with NHL players this off season and knowing the well-documented issues Marc has had with depression, I really hope he`s getting some type of therapy. I hope he has someone to talk to.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I will keep savy in my prayers I am really worried he could go the suicide way like other players seem to be doing these days. When I have seen him on tv he just seems very depressed and I can see why if he is. He still has alot to live for even of he never plays hockey again and his career is something he can be proud of. If i ever see matt cooke in a public place I will kick the living tar out of him and gladly go to jail for it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

On another note, this came up earlier with the "Savard retirement talk".. They did just state on 98.5 that he will not be coming out at any time and retiring, because he would be forfeiting the remaining money on his contract.

He will take the team physical in the fall, fail, and be placed on injured reserve, unless they address a way for the bruins to clear him from the books, expect atleast 4 more years of LTIR.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

On another note, this came up earlier with the "Savard retirement talk".. They did just state on 98.5 that he will not be coming out at any time and retiring, because he would be forfeiting the remaining money on his contract. He will take the team physical in the fall, fail, and be placed on injured reserve, unless they address a way for the bruins to clear him from the books, expect atleast 4 more years of LTIR.
    Posted by rolerhoky19

If he does that, he would be milking that contract, but I guess he is well within his rights to do so. Too bad the way everything went down with him. I wish him the best.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

JP,
    he got hurt playing, and made it worse coming back.. If he is un able to play because of his health, I wouldn't call it milking his contract.. If he just wasnt getting into shape, or had no desire to return that would be a different story, but as long as his health is in jeopardy from playing the game, and he can't do anything else, why should he not collect a check?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

I feel terrible for Savvy, this has just all ended up in a worst-case scenario for everyone involved -- except Matt Cooke.  I think I will be getting an Evander Kane jersey this year.

Sections
Shortcuts