Savard for Alfredson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Re: Savard for Alfredson

I like Alfredson, I think Ottawa does too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Didn't you say you weren't big on the trade talk?

I'm just curious:  Why would Ottawa do this?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccoul. Show ccoul's posts

You ould need 3 Savards to make up  for Alfie. I am a Bruins fan living in Ottawa. Alfie is probably the best  hockey player ever had and on top  of that, a great team leader and a  image citizen that will  give benevolent time  for social causes. Bottom line  he fill the arena,  we're  not going to see Alfie any time soon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pbergeron37. Show pbergeron37's posts

this trade doesn't make sense for either team, stop your lunacy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Alfredsson has a 35+ contract so there's that (retire and still get paid) and Boston would have to move an additional player to fit Daniel's contract in. I'm quite sure Ottawa would love to do it but Chiarelli woundn't. Savard will be gone the 3rd or 4th year of his contract and there will be many takers when he's shopped.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I agree with nas.  I'd be absolutely floored if Ottawa would consider that one.  In fact, right now, I'd be shocked if any team would take Savard for nothing.  Unfortunately he has to get back to being a player that matches his pay scale before there'll be any takers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Boston would have to give up quite a bit more to get Alfredsson but it could be a good deal.  Alfie is a great leader, hard worker and I think he would get a little bit of jump back in his step if he went to a potential contender.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

This only type trade that the bruins mngt will need to do. I put this on the thread to give an example of trade the bruins have to do to motivate the bruins. Only a block deal will get the bruins roster attention that the mngt . means bus..

Unfortunately Savard and Caron combo will be the players that will get GM's attn. for trade negoitiations to get a leader like B Richards Iginla Alfredson. Even Savard Boychuk Wheels abd Bst. 1st pick for Malkin . Yes NAS i am talking trades but something gotta give soon to motivate the team. The bruins play Montreal Tonight and all i am saying if the team shows lack of playing then get out the trade axe. This gm. is for div. lead teams usually play with all their guts in these situations but the Bruins don't show that to me when they play important gms.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

People knock my posts but seriously.....this is the dumbest post I've ever read. Why would Ottawa trade their best player for a washed up brain dead 33 yr old Savard who is signed for the NEXT SEVEN YEARS!!!!!!! Good job Chiaroni.....AWFUL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Savard for Alfredson:
    People knock my posts but seriously.....this is the dumbest post I've ever read. Why would Ottawa trade their best player for a washed up brain dead 33 yr old Savard who is signed for the NEXT SEVEN YEARS!!!!!!! Good job Chiaroni.....AWFUL.
    Posted by nash99

I take back what I said earlier about you being 0-163 for good posts.

You are 1-163.

Nice job here!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

I would love to see D A in a B's uniform!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Alfredson is one of the best salary cap bargains in the NHL.
    He is not going anywhere.
    He will probably be coaching the Senators, when his playing career is finished.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

So let me get this straight.  You want to bring in a 38 year old player with 2 more years left on his contract at $4,875,000, and whose point totals are dropping off every year (in 08 had 89 in 09 had 74 in 10 had 71 and this year is on pace for 52). 

If I am going to deal with the Sens I want one of their defensive prospects.  Maybe something like Savard and a 2nd round pick for David Rundblad.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Savard is a Bruin for at least 2 more years.  When Seguin is ready to be 1st line or 2nd line center, then Savard will be dealt.  Bet on that.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts