Savard from Hot Stove

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mamico3308. Show mamico3308's posts

Savard from Hot Stove

Anyone else watch the Hotstove on CBC after the 2nd period for HNIC.  Pierre LeBrun just mentiond that he got an update about Savard and he is having memory problems and is concerned about his future.  Not looking good for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Savard from Hot Stove

Can't say I saw it but if it's true that's very sad news. I wish that upon no man, especially Savvy. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Ya. I caught it.Made me sad. Do we really want to see him in a Bruins jersey again, knowing all the time that one hit could really really do serious damage ? Please retire.  Also :

Milbury sure gave it to the panel about Recchi's comments. Good for Milbury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I've been saying it for weeks ...we will never see Savvy again in the NHL ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I sure hope we don't see Savy in the NHL again.  I love him, and he's been a great Bruin, but at this point he should focus on living a healthy and normal life. One more hit could mentaly disable Savy for life.  The more I hear of Savy's struggles, the more I begun to loathe that scum of the earth Cooke.  I hope somebody cleans his clock when he gets back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I hope he hangs it up too, even though a healthy savvy is the missing ingredient on this team.  He's had a half dozen concussion, atleast one extremely serious, as other said, for his quality of life purposes, I hope he calls it quits.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

He has to hang it up now.  It's so tragic, true limping for the rest of your life or nerve damage or whatever is bad, but having problems with your brain at such a relatively young age is just so much worse.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

It did seem awfully quiet on the Savard front lately. I really hope he makes the right decision and hangs it up. I will miss seeing him play for the Bruins, but quality of life is so much more important. Good luck to Marc and best wishes to him and his family.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

I think it is in the best interest of Savard, the Bruins, and Savard's family for him to retire. Marc has his kids and the rest of his life to look forward to.

I could be wrong, but I think he will still get paid the rest of his contract, or at least some of it from the bruins/NHL/insurance. So money shouldnt be an issue.

I always liked Savard and will support him no matter what decision he makes, but I think he should just hang em up

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

7 million reasons he will come back inevitable all athletes don't know when to quit. He'll feel fine near the end of summer, come back in November then the watch will be on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I do hope your wrong on this one Dawg...7 mill will be covered by some sort of insurance, and I hope that the ability to remember his children's names is more important than playing hockey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Part of me wants Savard to come back n play Stuke so he can flip Cooke and Colin the bird but the other sensible part wants me to someday read that Marc is doing well on the Canadian golf tour. The whole situation to me just F____ S___!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I always liked Savard and I wish him and his family well, but i think he should retire and avoid further risking his quality of life.

I think the Bruins organization, very thoughtfully, tried to accommodate Savard.  But, I think we had to lose a lot of players to accomodate the cap space for him.  When Savard came back; we had to lose Sturm.  When he went out again, we had to find replacements which meant getting rid of Hunwick, Wheeler, and Stuart.  (I could be very wrong and maybe the organization was planning on replacing these guys all along.  We all know PC had coveted Kaberle for a long time.)  But, if Savard does come back next fall, who will they reluctantly not re-sign and/or who would be moved to make cap space because of his return? 

I say this with all compassion to Savard, but in retrospect, I think he has wreaked havoc this year with our cap space and could in the future. Perhaps it's best for himself and the organization that he retires...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

That is troubling news about Savard.  I will wait to hear it from someone other than LeBrun before I get truly worried.  LeBrun presented it in a way that made it sound like he was using it to argue about headshots with Milbury. 

-----------------------------------

LeBrun really showed where his loyalties lie on The Hotstove tonight, and Milbury owned him.  LeBrun looked like he was ready to cross his arms and pout when Milbury pointed out that Plekanec's two-handed high stick to Horton's head was worthy of a suspension.  He muttered that the league reviewed it, but did not suspend Plekanec, but that he is on the league's radar.  He showed himself to be as big of a Habs fan as Milbury is a Bruins fan.

I think that it is on the CBC website, but for some reason, I cannot view it.  Maybe it is because I'm in the US.  There is no YouTube of it yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i could be wrong, but i believe players that sign a contract under the age of 35 don't get paid if they retire 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

go to youtube and punch up the video of evander kane ko'ing cooke. its great 
    n Response to Re: Savard from Hot Stove:
    I sure hope we don't see Savy in the NHL again.  I love him, and he's been a great Bruin, but at this point he should focus on living a healthy and normal life. One more hit could mentaly disable Savy for life.  The more I hear of Savy's struggles, the more I begun to loathe that scum of the earth Cooke.  I hope somebody cleans his clock when he gets back.
    Posted by titletownfan

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Savard from Hot Stove:
    That is troubling news about Savard.  I will wait to hear it from someone other than LeBrun before I get truly worried.  LeBrun presented it in a way that made it sound like he was using it to argue about headshots with Milbury.  ----------------------------------- LeBrun really showed where his loyalties lie on The Hotstove tonight, and Milbury owned him.  LeBrun looked like he was ready to cross his arms and pout when Milbury pointed out that Plekanec's two-handed high stick to Horton's head was worthy of a suspension.  He muttered that the league reviewed it, but did not suspend Plekanec, but that he is on the league's radar.  He showed himself to be as big of a Habs fan as Milbury is a Bruins fan. I think that it is on the CBC website, but for some reason, I cannot view it.  Maybe it is because I'm in the US.  There is no YouTube of it yet.
    Posted by Mutant211

Exactly !  He was using that to debate Milbury.  
    They didn't get what Mike was trying to say.  He was saying that Patched-Already didn't have a severe concussion and the Habs used that to benefit their cause. 
    Milbury was not being all insensitive of this whole concussion situation.
    Lebrun and Milbury are always in discordance. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

7 million reasons he will come back inevitable all athletes don't know when to quit. He'll feel fine near the end of summer, come back in November then the watch will be on.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Although I agree with your statement ( greed ) I hope you're wrong in this case. How much money doesa person need to live a happy life ? If he comes back and gets concussed again then will it have been worth it ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Savard from Hot Stove : Exactly !  He was using that to debate Milbury.   They didn't get what Mike was trying to say.  He was saying that Patched-Already didn't have a severe concussion and the Habs used that to benefit their cause.  Milbury was not being all insensitive of this whole concussion situation. Lebrun and Milbury are always in discordance. 
    Posted by BsLegion

Yeah, Legion.  I think all Bruin fans dreaded hearing news of that nature about Savard.  Lately I've heard more and more info about an initial concussion compounding all that follow.  If such is the case, Savard, at this point, is not in a good situation. 

I saw the Hot Stove segment last night and full props to Milbury for stating publically what perhaps some have only spoken privately; that the Habs distorted the MP injury to suit their own agenda.  Sometimes Milbury looks like he wants to reach across the table and hammer LeBrun, doesn't he?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Savard from Hot Stove : Yeah, Legion.  I think all Bruin fans dreaded hearing news of that nature about Savard.  Lately I've heard more and more info about an initial concussion compounding all that follow.  If such is the case, Savard, at this point, is not in a good situation.  I saw the Hot Stove segment last night and full props to Milbury for stating publically what perhaps some have only spoken privately; that the Habs distorted the MP injury to suit their own agenda.  Sometimes Milbury looks like he wants to reach across the table and hammer LeBrun, doesn't he?
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Yup Lebrun sometimes is too smug . It's not like he's ever played the game at that high level but seems to pretend he knows everything and that's what gets Milbury going.
    I don't always agree on what Milbury says but at least he's played the game and always says what he feels. Not like the other fakes .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I just watched the replay of the Hotstove segment and agree that LaBrun mentioned Savard almost in passing to add fuel to his comment that head shots in the NHL is a hot topic now.

Pierre LaBrun is a very respected journalist around the league and Milbury can be caustic to play up his TV image (DS Cherry, anyone?).

I did not think that Recchi's statement was 'stooping to that level' as Maclean put it. I tend to believe MR's assessment (as does Milbury) that there is something wrong with claiming your player has a severe concussion one day and 4 days later the guy is up and around going to the movies, addressing the fans via Twitter, etc. Especially when the issues hits so close to home for the Bs.

The Montreal organization may or may not have publicized the injury in that fashion to garner sympathy from the league, but it does not look professional.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Savard from Hot Stove : Yup Lebrun sometimes is too smug . It's not like he's ever played the game at that high level but seems to pretend he knows everything and that's what gets Milbury going. I don't always agree on what Milbury says but at least he's played the game and always says what he feels. Not like the other fakes .
    Posted by BsLegion

Somtimes I feel the same way about Darren Dreiger.  He appears to be a well-connected guy in hockey circles but at times he comes across like a bit of a condescending know-it-all even to the likes of Keenan, Peca, Barnaby and Doug Maclean.  Milbury pulls no punches regardless of how off-side he might sound. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Savard from Hot Stove : Somtimes I feel the same way about Darren Dreiger.  He appears to be a well-connected guy in hockey circles but at times he comes across like a bit of a condescending know-it-all even to the likes of Keenan, Peca, Barnaby and Doug Maclean.  Milbury pulls no punches regardless of how off-side he might sound. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario

Drieger seems to just state the obvious. He does not take leaps or risks but goes with the flow, ising qualifying words like "it seems" and "perhaps." He is familiar with the literary trick of bet-hedging....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

No matter if Savy plays for us or ever again I wil always where my 91 jersey with pride. Saddens me to hear he is having these issues. I had one persnal interaction with savy. Me being drunk somehow snuck into the players parking lott after a game vs the Sabres in november of 2007. I sat behind the concrete blocks and make shift fence right outside the door the players walk out from the garden. Allthough iam some stranger sitting there on the ground all the players were very nice and sighned my jersey. Chara even told me to get off the ground because I was going to be sick lol! Savy was one of the last players out and told me who else was to be comming out. Savy asked me where I am from and thought it was awsome I had the balls to sneak in lol. He said how are you getting out? I said didn't think of that he says its ok just walk out with me! S
    o I walk out of the lott with savy and I asked you didn't drive in? He said no I am going over to the greatest bar. I was like nice then my friends who are outside the gate see me and savy walking out there going nuts. Savy says u guys wana go over wth me? Of course we did. Long story short Savy put us on his tab so we drank for free. He met like 3 hot girls thats the last we saw of him but I will alway love savy for that. Also the game 3 winner later on that season vs the habs I was there is a great memory I will always have.

Savy will always be in my prayers I don't care what others have said about him as a person or his bad rep as a me first player at times in his career. I judge people based on my interactions with them. Savard is one hell of a guy and I wish him nothng but the best!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Savard from Hot Stove : Although I agree with your statement ( greed ) I hope you're wrong in this case. How much money doesa person need to live a happy life ? If he comes back and gets concussed again then will it have been worth it ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

You keep coming back and getting fully embarrassed, is it worth it?  For more on this, see my sig.

Sections
Shortcuts