Savard is only going to get better ( quit trying to Trade him )

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

Savard is only going to get better ( quit trying to Trade him )

My guess is that he neeeds another 12 games to get better and the playoffs is where he will almost be at his old self, but really it will only be next year.  I would keep Savard unless they get good return ( meaning he is traded as if he is a player back to his old form )  I would not quit on him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Re: Savard is only going to get better ( quit trying to Trade him )

In Response to Savard is only going to get better ( quit trying to Trade him ):
    [QUOTE]My guess is that he neeeds another 12 games to get better and the playoffs is where he will almost be at his old self, but really it will only be next year.  I would keep Savard unless they get good return ( meaning he is traded as if he is a player back to his old form )  I would not quit on him.
    Posted by BigNickster[/QUOTE]

Overrated one dimensional player who has had the luxury of playing with Elite snipers his entire career! Kovalchuk, Iginla, Hossa, and to a lesser degree Kessel. With those wingers, you better put up 80pts+....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

This team in general is offensively challenged... last season proved that. Horton hasn't added much and Seguin isn't quite there yet. Savard has served it up nice many times only to have our "snipers" shooting wide or clanging off the post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

About 25 % of Savard's fancy passes are to the wrong team.

The first line has achieved less, not more, since he got the center slot

Will he ever get back to his old form?  No telling.  Right now, it's a worry having him on the ice.  Might be time to try Seguin between Lucic and Horton.  

Meanwhile, when fans say that Horton is "floating", they are dead wrong. He's trying too hard, if anything.  Shots missing, going wide or into the goalie's chest.  He could have won last night vs Buff with six seconds left-- shot wide.  But it's not from lack of effort.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Savard is only going to get better ( quit trying to Trade him ):
    [QUOTE]About 25 % of Savard's fancy passes are to the wrong team. The first line has achieved less, not more, since he got the center slot Will he ever get back to his old form?  No telling.  Right now, it's a worry having him on the ice.  Might be time to try Seguin between Lucic and Horton.   Meanwhile, when fans say that Horton is "floating", they are dead wrong. He's trying too hard, if anything.  Shots missing, going wide or into the goalie's chest.  He could have won last night vs Buff with six seconds left-- shot wide.  But it's not from lack of effort.  
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]
    He's working hard to get himself into good scoring areas.The fact he's snakebitten doesn't change the fact he's trying.It seems it's just easier for some fans to regurgitate what they've read about him being a floater than to see any positives in his game.I expect him to go on a roll once he gets that next goal out of the way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Horton is not doing Savard any favors by not being able to bury anything.  How many times in the last week has Savard set up Horton with a great pass in a prime scoring area that he either shot wide or right into the goalies chest?  Way too many.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

All right lets started yapping
    Horton, Lucic and Krecji are working hard, but just seem to be snake bit
    almost looks like they are playing based on a rule book and are not deviating from the book
    I believe the team will explode some time down the line
    They are winning even when I see 3 or 4 of the expected top liners not getting there jam going
    I can't wait to see them going on all cylinders

I took the family down to Boston from Canada for the Washington Caps game in Dec
    I am hoping to do it again. 

Campbell seems to be a  great throw in
    Seguin has so much Potential
    It's time for the players to give the Goalies a night off

PS... Thomas looks completely out of it for the last two Shoot outs( emotionally done ).
    They need to give Rask his due and let what happens go by and have the team let Rask find his old/new form

I'd like to see Thomas get a complete week 3 games off

Who's the back up  ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

y.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Savard and Horton are almost there as far as getting their brains connected so I think they do need a bit more time together. I also don't see Julien separating Krejci from Ryder-Wheeler just yet as they are working well together.

If Savard is at minus -8 clip with maybe a handful of points come next November then I could see Chiarelli trading Marc but some how I see PC getting more consistent wingers for him first. I think Savard just works better with faster wingers than "stationary one timer" type snipers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Savard is only going to get better ( quit trying to Trade him ):
    [QUOTE]I think Savard and Horton are almost there as far as getting their brains connected so I think they do need a bit more time together. I also don't see Julien separating Krejci from Ryder-Wheeler just yet as they are working well together. If Savard is at minus -8 clip with maybe a handful of points come next November then I could see Chiarelli trading Marc but some how I see PC getting more consistent wingers for him first. I think Savard just works better with faster wingers than "stationary one timer" type snipers.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    You're probably on to something.Savard is good at hitting people with the long-bomb breakaway pass.Where's Sturm and Kessel when you need them(just joking folks)?I'd like CJ to do whatever it takes to get the old Savard back.Let's hope it's as simple as working the rust off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Savard is only going to get better ( quit trying to Trade him ):[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard is only going to get better ( quit trying to Trade him ) : You're probably on to something.Savard is good at hitting people with the long-bomb breakaway pass.Where's Sturm and Kessel when you need them(just joking folks)?I'd like CJ to do whatever it takes to get the old Savard back.Let's hope it's as simple as working the rust off.Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

My point on the other thread DZ is Horton and Lucic could work quite a bit harder but your right can't blame it all on the wingers Savard has to work harder as well cheers to you as well HNY!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard is only going to get better ( quit trying to Trade him ) : My point on the other thread DZ is Horton and Lucic could work quite a bit harder but your right can't blame it all on the wingers Savard has to work harder as well cheers to you as well HNY!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    No hard feelings here.You're a knowledgeable,passionate fan who's opinion I look forward to reading(even if i don't agree with it).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Sure hope Savard gets better, but I haven't seen much so far.  Where ever they put him, he just doesn't seem to fit.  He's made a ton of irresponsible plays, and has not appeared to make the team look one iota better since his return.  I wouldn't worry too much about a trade, as he's not playing anywhere near pay scale, so there'll be no takers.
    Probably way too early to expect him to be back to his old form, but to this poster, it appears he has a long, long way to go, to get back to being a point per game player. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

I said it before and I'll say it again...trade him for a puck moving D-man, and watch the PPGs soar.  This will be the difference in many games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard is only going to get better ( quit trying to Trade him ) : You're probably on to something.Savard is good at hitting people with the long-bomb breakaway pass.Where's Sturm and Kessel when you need them(just joking folks)?I'd like CJ to do whatever it takes to get the old Savard back.Let's hope it's as simple as working the rust off.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Sturm is 2-1-3 and plus 2 in 7 games with LAK.   Did PC let go of the wrong one?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Savard the one who should be getting the 4th line center time at least until he gets his timing/game back. Seguin should get the first line start tonight
    Lucic-Seguin-Horton if after the first period it isnt working then switch seguin and savard back. But atleast reward the kid when he plays great.