Savard - just curious

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: Savard - just curious

IMO, somewhat better. Less errant passes, smarter play. Had a few nice feeds to Horton that missed by an inch. Also batted a puck off the post tonight. Just bad luck.

His point totals will start to go up soon. He's getting there

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

thanks s/c/o....i'm really hoping too...i look forward to next game when i'm not working...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

I've gotta think he is still seeing stars under the lights out on the ice. He is not taking control along the wall and setting plays. He's gone to the net a few times and came close tonight. I just hope he is really okay, otherwise get him off of the ice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

He could have had at least 5 assists tonight with better luck and Hort, having the worst luck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

He can't play with guys like Ryder, Horton Lucic. He needs a guy on the wing that can skate

Its unfortunate Seguin and him didn't click

He has looked best working with Kampfer thus far

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Have the Bruins played Seguin and Savard together much ?   It sure sounds blue chip. I'm off for Thursday game and get to watch the Bruins play. I hope I'm in for a treat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

i send savard to ottawa for either phillips and mike fisher

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I like the Seg with Berg idea, but he def made it with Krej and Wheeler tonight.

Anddebbv are you the fool who also posted Berg for Homisarek.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

In Response to Re: Savard - just curious:
    Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
    Posted by SteveM

And I guess Jack would call it:
    the "French Connection II" line, or
    the "Overdose Line."

Just in case it happens Jack, how about Bergeron's line....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

4Mil cap hit is not a big deal when you've produced 85 points or more many times. Plenty of GMs asked for him last summer and it will happen again this upcoming draft.

Marc has a NMC I wouldn't trade him where he could hurt the Bruins. I've always expected Savard to be traded during his 3rd or 4th year of his current contract. Krejci hasn't exactly run away with the #1 center job anyway.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Marc Savard is a 1980s-1990s passer playing in a league void of or lacking very few snipers. Bergeron can handle a Savard pass, but is a center. Before Bergeron played center, he was out there on the PP with...Savard...And only recently have I seen Savard-Bergeron on the PP, which should be a regular happening instead of a rare occurrence. Horton has the ability to be a sniper, but for whatever reason has turned into Ryder, who despite having a great shot, is too slow to keep up with Savard. Seguin is fast, but he's also not experienced enough to accept Savard-like, pin-point passes. Savard is completely not confident in shooting the puck, seen by his drop passing to players on a breakaway and I think his feeling that he is snake-bitten. I feel sorry for Marc. It's almost bizarre that every other line seems to score goals, but not Savard's. It's weird to watch a 6-0 game and Savard point-less.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

This team is better with Savy then without. Just relax alittle it longer and I think he will be back in top form.  I don't think Ryder is a good fit on his wing, The Lucic Horton combo with him may come around, Horton looked good against the Sens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

As we're seeing with Bergeron, coming back from a major brain injury doesn't happen after a few months.  Right now, without question, Savard isn't the #91 that we're used to seeing.  Maybe next season.

I bash him up and down the river, but these days, he's playing with a lot more heart.  Yeah, he's jumped into other's battles before but almost every games he's getting into the mix.  I'm enjoying his play, despite his wizard passes going to no one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Savard looks like he is in slow motion.  Everyone knows that it is going to take him a LONG time to recover.  Why doesn't CJ and the rest of Bruins management learn from the past.  Savard should be a center on the P Bruins until his game gets to a level that is ready for the NHL.  He is not even close right now and probably will not be for many months. I believe that Krejci is also feeling the after effects of his concussion.  However, he should come back quicker as he has not had the multiple concussions that Savard has had, nor was his as serious.

Horton Krejci Lucic
    Marchand Bergeron Recchi
    Wheeler Seguin Sauve
    Thornton Campbell Ryder

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Savard is playing frustrated, you could see it on his face all night last night. I think his mind and foresight is just a few seconds too late. I think his passes have been getting crisper and he's continually improving. Getting on the score sheet is the important thing right now for his confidence. As long as he continues to improve through playoffs, I'll be happy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

This is like pre season for Savard. He won't be in top form until late in the season or next year.

But I think we will see slow improvement and his numbers going up this year

Recovering from a concussion and not being able to stay in shape in the off season is devastating to a pro athlete

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

1) He's better and he's trying to find the groove with his creativity.  Those wacky passes take some time to click - he's got to get the feel.  Until then, you have to live with the trial and error as part of him getting his game back.  Can't be in the A either, MeanE, because the speed isn't the same.

2) Got to play him in the role you want him to fill.  That's the bar he's aiming for.  As long as he keeps making progress toward it, you live with the fact he isn't there yet.

3) Long, slow, build back to form might just mean he's up to speed for the playoffs.  This team should definitely be good enough to make the playoffs even if Savard is off his game - goaltending and team defense alone should get them there.  It did last year, and they're scoring much more this year.  A full scale return of Savard for the first round is a result I'd take.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I'm sorry, the NHL doesn't wait for anyone!  Your right BB, the speed isn't the same.  That's why Savard belongs there.  He is playing at that level and probably will be at that level for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs.  I look at it as a lost year for him.  In the meantime, if he is in the A, then PC has cap room to improve this team with guys that are ready to play.  Whether it is getting another d man or a big center that can bang, I just think that Savy and the Bruins are better off with him trying to regain his old form down on the farm.  Then next year you determine if he is NHL ready and the Bruins will have the cap space with their expiring contracts.  At the very least, Savy should not be on the first line.  Every line he has been on has been brought down.  If the Bruins decide to waste his salary in the NHL, it should be on the fourth line.  It is of no fault of Savard's, but his brain has been damaged and is not allowing his body to do what it once did.  I have said it on other posts, he should seriously consider retirement.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I'm sorry, the NHL doesn't wait for anyone!  Your right BB, the speed isn't the same.  That's why Savard belongs there.  He is playing at that level and probably will be at that level for the rest of the regular season and the playoffs.  I look at it as a lost year for him.  In the meantime, if he is in the A, then PC has cap room to improve this team with guys that are ready to play.  Whether it is getting another d man or a big center that can bang, I just think that Savy and the Bruins are better off with him trying to regain his old form down on the farm.  Then next year you determine if he is NHL ready and the Bruins will have the cap space with their expiring contracts.  At the very least, Savy should not be on the first line.  Every line he has been on has been brought down.  If the Bruins decide to waste his salary in the NHL, it should be on the fourth line.  It is of no fault of Savard's, but his brain has been damaged and is not allowing his body to do what it once did.  I have said it on other posts, he should seriously consider retirement.
    Posted by MeanE

Don't think the "farm' will work.  A couple other things first.
    Savard isn't playing terribly, he's just way off Savard standards.  Not having him in the lineup does not make this team better.  He's been a top level offensive threat his entire hockey playing life, and because he's suffered a serious injury, he's got to "play' himself back to form.  Most would agree, his play has dipped solely due to injury, not father time, so you gotta give him ice time to properly guage whether it's possible for him to come back.  If it's purely diminished skill, it's an entirely different scenario.
    If he's completely symptom free, which I feel he must be, it's all about confidence, and confidence is a huge, huge factor.
    For a player like Savard, confidence equals points.  He's got to get his points, plain and simple.  He can play responsible, he can contribute maybe in some other way, but he knows he's expected to get lots of points, and until that starts to happen, he'll be fragile.
    He's emotionally broken.  He knows he was shopped.  He knows he's not scoring, and he knows he's not getting any younger.  He's just as worried as everyone else, that maybe he won't ever get it back.  More so, i'm sure.
    He's in a place he's never been in, his entire life, and if he can get it back, he needs a lot of help.  That's gotta start with the organization, and the fans, cuz to this poster, he's immoveable right now, not because of his money short term, nor his injury, but the length of his contract, coupled with the inability to project his value over that term.
    For now, he's gotta get his minutes, and we'll just have to see what happens.  If he bounces back great.  I sure hope he does.  A demotion to the farm, or riding the bench can only hinder that potential.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Maybe a demotion to the farm would help relieve the stress that Marc is under.  If the Bruins go to him and explain, hey, we know that you are trying, and we know from the Bergeron experience that it is going to take you over a year to get back to "normal", we think it is best if you finish the year with the P Bruins.  You can go down there and mentor Colborne, Hamill, Caron, Sauve, etc..., and clear the cob webs.  We committed to you long term and we are expecting that you will once again be a valuable contributor to this team in 2011-2012, but as of right now we would like you to "rehab" in Providence.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

4Mil cap hit is not a big deal when you've produced 85 points or more many times. Plenty of GMs asked for him last summer and it will happen again this upcoming draft. Marc has a NMC I wouldn't trade him where he could hurt the Bruins. I've always expected Savard to be traded during his 3rd or 4th year of his current contract. Krejci hasn't exactly run away with the #1 center job anyway.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

It seems Bergeron has though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Savard's vision of the play unfolding was uncanny, between the legs and defensemen to an open winger.  His vision now is clouded by poor passes and consequentially weaken confidence.  Like Horton, Savard knows in order to gain confidence he has to be aggressive, with Savard's case on the edge, a little pain in azz.  As said above his passes are more crisp and he is beginning to make more creative plays (his outlet passes are still a nightmare).  The negative of that new learning curve is the occasional gaffes.  Ultimately a month or so down the line management will have to decide who is the first line center.  For the Bs sake, I hope it is Savard.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Savard - just curious : Don't think the "farm' will work.  A couple other things first. Savard isn't playing terribly, he's just way off Savard standards.  Not having him in the lineup does not make this team better.  He's been a top level offensive threat his entire hockey playing life, and because he's suffered a serious injury, he's got to "play' himself back to form.  Most would agree, his play has dipped solely due to injury, not father time, so you gotta give him ice time to properly guage whether it's possible for him to come back.  If it's purely diminished skill, it's an entirely different scenario. If he's completely symptom free, which I feel he must be, it's all about confidence, and confidence is a huge, huge factor. For a player like Savard, confidence equals points.  He's got to get his points, plain and simple.  He can play responsible, he can contribute maybe in some other way, but he knows he's expected to get lots of points, and until that starts to happen, he'll be fragile. He's emotionally broken.  He knows he was shopped.  He knows he's not scoring, and he knows he's not getting any younger.  He's just as worried as everyone else, that maybe he won't ever get it back.  More so, i'm sure. He's in a place he's never been in, his entire life, and if he can get it back, he needs a lot of help.  That's gotta start with the organization, and the fans, cuz to this poster, he's immoveable right now, not because of his money short term, nor his injury, but the length of his contract, coupled with the inability to project his value over that term. For now, he's gotta get his minutes, and we'll just have to see what happens.  If he bounces back great.  I sure hope he does.  A demotion to the farm, or riding the bench can only hinder that potential.
    Posted by stevegm

It seems that he's making progress but is still a ways off from playing to his full potential.Last night was one of his better games since returning but you can see  the rust is still there.

Sections
Shortcuts