Savard looks like another season finish

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Savard looks like another season finish

After reading all the post articles he (savard) is still in the post concussion syndrome. This is not good news for savard, marc did say he will not be taking chances and that his family is a main concern.

Now is the time to sign Marchand to a three year deal 3.0 t0 3.25 mill range.

When training camp arrives Julien will be testing this line to see what it will do:
    Marchand Bergy Poulit  ( also they may try that new Russian Rocket with line can't think of the kids name at the moment)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Savard looks like another season finish

Pouliot on the 2nd line?  Thanks for making me throw up my breakfast.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Pouliot will be lucky just to make the team. I still don't like this signing. Just because he was a former top 5 overall pick does not mean he will be a superstar. There has to be a reason the Habs gave up on him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Savard looks like another season finish:
    Pouliot will be lucky just to make the team. I still don't like this signing. Just because he was a former top 5 overall pick does not mean he will be a superstar. There has to be a reason the Habs gave up on him.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

So, do you mean Hamill wont be a superstar??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Savard looks like another season finish : So, do you mean Hamill wont be a superstar??
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Who said anything about Hamill? I was talking about Pouliot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Savard looks like another season finish : Who said anything about Hamill? I was talking about Pouliot.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Its Sarcasm, Hamill was the number 8 pick.. People throw his name out there left and right too, based on nothing but the fact that he was a high draft pick..

Get on board..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Savard looks like another season finish : Its Sarcasm, Hamill was the number 8 pick.. People throw his name out there left and right too, based on nothing but the fact that he was a high draft pick.. Get on board..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Sorry, just clued in. I forgot Hamill went that high. I just don't like the Pouliot signing, but most people on here think he will surprise everybody. I just wonder why the Habs gave up on this kid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Savard looks like another season finish:
    After reading all the post articles he (savard) is still in the post concussion syndrome. This is not good news for savard, marc did say he will not be taking chances and that his family is a main concern. Now is the time to sign Marchand to a three year deal 3.0 t0 3.25 mill range. When training camp arrives Julien will be testing this line to see what it will do: Marchand Bergy Poulit   ( also they may try that new Russian Rocket with line can't think of the kids name at the moment)
    Posted by boborielly224

I assume you are talking about Khokhlachev. Considering you live in the Niagara area the best chance you'll have in watching him play is when the Spiffires come to St Catharines because he won't be wearing the spoked B.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Posted by jpBsSoxFan

Couldn't agree more. Nothing I've seen of him w/the Habs inspires me in the slightest. Doubt he'll do much other than cough up the puck and take Ryder's role as a regular season no-show.

Dream line instead would be Marchand-Bergeron-Knuble

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

People forget that Pouliot lit it up on arrival from Minnesota.  Not sure what set him back last year, but there is a small sample that suggests he could be a 30 goal guy.  In fact, that sample covers more games than the period in Jan-Feb last year when Marchand went on a tear.

There's as much chance that Pouliot is this year's Nathan Horton (all things to scale, of course) as that he's this year's Ryder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Come on, boys, lets give Pouliot a break.

The talent is there. Just the mind has to be straightened out. No better place to get that done than here in Boston. Bergeron will take him under his wing and guide him to be a true professional.

I'll take some flashes of his past during the regular season to set himself, but I expect him to contribute like Ryder in next year's playoffs. If he doesn't - then we can get rid of him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

Marc Savard should do himself a favor and retire. Post concussion syndrome can only get worse and the next hit he takes will leave him with that much less of a life come forced retirement. We have Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, Peverly and Campbell. Savard would be a nice to have but the risk to himself is probably too much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Marc Savard should do himself a favor and retire. Post concussion syndrome can only get worse and the next hit he takes will leave him with that much less of a life come forced retirement. We have Krejci, Bergeron, Seguin, Peverly and Campbell. Savard would be a nice to have but the risk to himself is probably too much.
    Posted by ksp57

Why retire while he is injured and has 6 years left on a 7 year deal??  If he clears to play medically, then he would need to decide if its worth the risk, until then, there is no reason for him to think about anything but getting healthy, once he is healthy he can think about what he wants from there..

Bruins fans want him to retire so his money is off the books perminently and can be spent long term.. No one is really looking at this from savards point..

Cause yeah "he should retire, hes hurt and cant play" and ? what if he retires he wont have to wonder about the team paying him the remaining 21 million? he wont have to worrya bout his health?? Nope.. he will...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

. There's as much chance that Pouliot is this year's Nathan Horton (all things to scale, of course) as that he's this year's Ryder. Posted by Bookboy007

Attainable for Pouliot to get 20 goals with the icetime he will initially get. If he gets 20 another steal by Chiarelli but what's hard for me is, like Begin, is he used to wear the toilet seat. Those thoughts will disapear when he starts to score.

I have a really good feeling about Benoit and it's because there will be no pressure plus this might be his last chance before heading to play in Palookaville for 4 years. I could see Pouliot and Seguin meshing on the 3rd line leaving Peverley on the 2nd with Bergy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In Response to Re: Savard looks like another season finish : Sorry, just clued in. I forgot Hamill went that high. I just don't like the Pouliot signing, but most people on here think he will surprise everybody. I just wonder why the Habs gave up on this kid.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

I know why they gave up on him. They gave up on him because he suxxx. Pretty good reason, actually.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Savard looks like another season finish : I assume you are talking about Khokhlachev. Considering you live in the Niagara area the best chance you'll have in watching him play is when the Spiffires come to St Catharines because he won't be wearing the spoked B.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Exactly. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm with the "give Pouliot a chance" group. He appearsa to have the size, skill, speed, and a good performance in spurts. Claude will not coddle him, but perhaps Claude's heritage will aid Pouliot's adaptation to the Bruins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Savard looks like another season finish : Attainable for Pouliot to get 20 goals with the icetime he will initially get. If he gets 20 another steal by Chiarelli but what's hard for me is, like Begin, is he used to wear the toilet seat. Those thoughts will disapear when he starts to score. I have a really good feeling about Benoit and it's because there will be no pressure plus this might be his last chance before heading to play in Palookaville for 4 years. I could see Pouliot and Seguin meshing on the 3rd line leaving Peverley on the 2nd with Bergy.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Pouliot-Seguin-Kelly. I could see that working out!

Pouliot is Coolio with me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why y'all gotta keep bashin' my boy Hamill?

THIS IS HIS YEAR!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Why y'all gotta keep bashin' my boy Hamill? THIS IS HIS YEAR!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Who?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

In Response to Savard looks like another season finish:
    After reading all the post articles he (savard) is still in the post concussion syndrome. This is not good news for savard, marc did say he will not be taking chances and that his family is a main concern. Now is the time to sign Marchand to a three year deal 3.0 t0 3.25 mill range. When training camp arrives Julien will be testing this line to see what it will do: Marchand Bergy Poulit   ( also they may try that new Russian Rocket with line can't think of the kids name at the moment)
    Posted by boborielly224

what do marc savard and brad marchand have to do with one another?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Savard- lives 5 mins from me!  Hes done guys!  Not gonna get into detail but hes done! Lets all wish him the best in recovering to a normal state!

Pouliot- I think the difference between Minnesota, Montreal and then Boston is simple!  Boston has the leadership and team unity these teams do not!  If he starts being an idiot or not giving a hundread percent on a cup winning team full of P and vinegar he will get the sit down and the smack down!  I mean would you want to deal with Chara, Julien, Thornton, Lucic, etc.  Beniot will have to P or get off the pot so to speak.  Lets hope he takes a nice long P.  He has the potential to do so.

Sections
Shortcuts