Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Re: Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN

Yikes, ya Mckenzie just said he has another concussion.  Savvy was just starting to play better too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

here's the link:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=350909

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Sad for Marc , he's been a great player but I really think that his carreer is Over...for the B's ..time to turn the page and get someone eslse...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (even without Savard)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

time to get a rental... do well enough and he might stick around for a while and sign!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Where does it say the year or even an extended period? Conjecture.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRUINS420. Show BRUINS420's posts

He missed a entire year!! Do you really see him playing again this year after 2 hits to the head in one week?

HES DONE!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN:
    [QUOTE]Where does it say the year or even an extended period? Conjecture.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    I'm no doctor but I think he'd have to miss at least 3-4 weeks wouldn't he?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

Damn you Matt Cooke. Damn you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]time to get a rental... do well enough and he might stick around for a while and sign!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

I agree have to do something,Palle not the answer,or do they try someone from Providence first.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The matter of Savard playing again depends on the next set of results.  The fact is he has had another concussion.  He needs to weigh his future career with his future.  Now no one is going to have conjecture on those thoughts.  The Bs on the other hand do have time to adjust.  The unfortunate part of the scenario is the Bs chances in winning the Stanley Cup have been reduced.  Good luck Savy, time to think seriously of calling it a career.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Sad, Savvy has been a terrific player for us, he dragged us out of the basement and put B's back on the map.  If not for the concussions, he'd have alot of great years to give.

Not to jump the gun, but if he could not play any longer, are the B's on the hook cap wise to pay his, gulp, 7 year deal against the cap?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Where does it say the year or even an extended period? Conjecture.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Bob M says out indefinitely, that doesn't mean until Wednesday

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN : I'm no doctor but I think he'd have to miss at least 3-4 weeks wouldn't he?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

The problem is that he was not 100 percent from his first concussion before the hit. I doubt he would be ready in 3 to 4 weeks. I think he is done for the season but could have an outside chance to be ready when playoffs begin. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

This makes 5 "documented" concussions in his NHL career, and first since the Cooke hit (March-2010).  It is really hard to imagine how this works out for his return this season, honestly, he should go one the shelf until next year's camp. 

Really sad situation for him, but his health is much more important than another quick return. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

[QUOTE]Sad, Savvy has been a terrific player for us, he dragged us out of the basement and put B's back on the map.  If not for the concussions, he'd have alot of great years to give. Not to jump the gun, but if he could not play any longer, are the B's on the hook cap wise to pay his, gulp, 7 year deal against the cap?
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

this is what i found from wikipedia

"If a player has a legitimate long-term injury, his cap hit is still counted; however, the team is permitted to replace him with one or more players whose combined salary is equal to or less than that of the injured player, even if the additional players would put the team over the salary cap (if the team's cap room is larger than the injured player's cap hit, they may take on as much as their cap room); however, the injured player may not return to play until the team is again compliant with the original cap. All salaries still count towards the league-wide share of revenue that the players receive."

So yeah in a way they would be off the hook. The team would be off the hook to pay him a cent also since insurance would take care of it

Savard should just rest for the rest of this season, evaluate his condition/future and if he can comeback next season, hit the weight room to get much stronger than now and wear a visor from now on

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN : The problem is that he was not 100 percent from his first concussion before the hit. I doubt he would be ready in 3 to 4 weeks. I think he is done for the season but could have an outside chance to be ready when playoffs begin. 
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    That's why I said at least 3-4 weeks.That would be the minimum I think.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN : The problem is that he was not 100 percent from his first concussion before the hit. I doubt he would be ready in 3 to 4 weeks. I think he is done for the season but could have an outside chance to be ready when playoffs begin. 
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Then Bruins have to make a decision before deadline. Use the LTI exemption or save the capspace for Savard if he returns?

Also, what could they really expect of him after he struggled so much. Bruins can't afford to wait & they have to upgrade especially given what happened last year when Krejci went down in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ramzz. Show ramzz's posts

And Matt Hunwik of all people an ex bruin!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Newfiebullet i really don't think the Bruins are going to do much trading or acquiring come trade deadline. Even if we did get a PP QB , we would have to get rid of 1 or 2 d's we have now. We could also always trade/waive Paille

PC and CJ like the team even without Savard and i don't see them trading any forwards (like Ryder, Wheeler).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

That's terrible...you know he worked his tail off just to get back and playing again. To have this happen is awful for him. Hopefully he'll be back sooner rather than later but with 5 concussions, you have to wonder.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

Even though the B's chances of hoisting the Cup suffer if Marc decides to hang 'em up...I sincerely hope he considers calling it a career and retires.

Watching Marc play this year, he looked "gun-shy" to me and afraid of contact.  Instead of hanging onto the puck for that 1/4 sec longer to make the play and absorb a hit, he would often make an early pass resulting in a turnover, to avoid contact.

I have no problem with the Matt Hunwick hit.  That was a clean hit and a good hockey play.  If Big Bad Matt Hunwick (who's what?  5'10"??  185ish??) can destroy you like that - then perhaps it's time for Marc to walk away from hockey spend some time with his family before he suffers serious, lasting neurological damage.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]This makes 5 "documented" concussions in his NHL career, and first since the Cooke hit (March-2010).  It is really hard to imagine how this works out for his return this season, honestly, he should go one the shelf until next year's camp.  Really sad situation for him, but his health is much more important than another quick return. 
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

I don't want to jump the gun here... but
    for him, and the Bruins, I hope we don't see him at next year's camp. I didn't realize he has had this many concussions. I never paid much attention to Savard until he became a Bruin... now I just wish him well with his family in retirement (don't push it for one more shot at glory, or worse, another paycheck!)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

I hate to say it, but I think the Bruins have to accept that they're now entering the "life after Savard" phase. He's not going to play again. The Bruins are going to have to count their centres as Krecji, Bergeron, Seguin & Campbell. No longer can Savard be included in that group. It su-cks, but we now have to accept that the post-Savard era has begun.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

Get well soon Marc!

put him on LTIR, let him get the recuperation time he needs. 

Use the cap space to get some rentals

If he wants to give it a shot again this season, let him get ready for the play-offs.  When the cap space doesn't count.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Newfiebullet i really don't think the Bruins are going to do much trading or acquiring come trade deadline. Even if we did get a PP QB , we would have to get rid of 1 or 2 d's we have now. We could also always trade/waive Paille PC and CJ like the team even without Savard and i don't see them trading any forwards (like Ryder, Wheeler).
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    If in fact Savard is done for the year, with the extra cash available you can bet Chia will be working the phones.

Sections
Shortcuts