Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Re: Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN

In Response to Re: Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN : If in fact Savard is done for the year, with the extra cash available you can bet Chia will be working the phones.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

See here is the problem I see. Savard returned last year in round 2 & was very ineffective. Then Krejci went down & the Bruins did not have the depth to recover.

Then Savard returns this year & was again ineffective. They can't let this happen 2 years in a row. They have to make a decision to acquire some help & use that LTI to avoid what occured last year. It would be unacceptable to make the same mistake twice.

They simply can't rely on that this season. But if Savard plans on returning then the Bs can't use that LTI capspace. With the deadline coming up the Bruins will have to make a decision.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Don't worry Cj will find a way to promote a 4th liner to the top line like he has the past 3 years and move Krej back with Ryd and Wheeler.lol

Krej stays healthy, we are fine for the interim, but once again, we are down a Bruin star.

He is def out a couple of weeks, he will not be allowed to skate until he is symptom free for a week, then gradually he will be introduced back into practice before he will ever be game ready. 

Speculation
    1)Minor concussion, related to head laceration and quick recovery.
    2)A continuation of his recent injuries, he may be gone for year and more.

Only time will tell.

Pc will be busy over allstar break regardless. Will it be a PMD/PPD or Sav replacement that he is kicking the tires for.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN : See here is the problem I see. Savard returned last year in round 2 & was very ineffective. Then Krejci went down & the Bruins did not have the depth to recover. Then Savard returns this year & was again ineffective. They can't let this happen 2 years in a row. They have to make a decision to acquire some help & use that LTI to avoid what occured last year. It would be unacceptable to make the same mistake twice. They simply can't rely on that this season. But if Savard plans on returning then the Bs can't use that LTI capspace. With the deadline coming up the Bruins will have to make a decision.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

True, real problem is only 35 days to trade deadline, need to know Sav status by then on whether his LTI money can be utilized correctly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'm not saying he's coming back soon, but we know absolutely nothing of the severity of this concussion. Every single concussion you would have to list as indefinite. Of course it could be 2 weeks...or a career. The simple fact is, we don't know. That is why I used the term conjecture. We can't assume anything about the symptoms or the grade or how Savard is feeling. I won't jump to conclusions.

Here's to a speedy recovery, Marc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Who are we trading for?? I thought everyone was for having Seguin as a centre. This is his chance. The only two players at the wing spot we would consider trading would be Wheeler and Ryder. IMO they are not going anywhere

I understand that risking and hoping Savard can comeback before the playoffs is a poor option. So make a decision now to use the cap exception to bring in a decent talent. 

My point is, even with Savard shelved unless Seguin plays so poorly as a centre, no trade is going to happen to add a forward

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Ottawa has officially thrown in the towel. They are sellers.
    Marc Savard to LTIR, for the remainder of the season, trade a pick and a prospect, (they won't want to take back salary) for Ottawa centre, Mike Fisher and hos comparable (to Savard's) 4 mil/cap hit contract.

No rentals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN : I'm no doctor but I think he'd have to miss at least 3-4 weeks wouldn't he?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Im not a doctor, but i am a med-student and suffered a grade-3 myself a while back. With minor concussions the diagnosis and treatment is rest for 7-10 symptom free.

In Marc's case however, he has a history of concussion and it seems to me that this is now a "life" case instead of a "sport" case in the doctors eyes. I will not be shocked if a neurologist advices him to retire for the better of his health. He has become the Eric Lindros of the NHL.

I would not risk it at this point. I'd let Savard be on his way and leave proud. Had a great career, one of the best passers the NHL has seen.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Who are we trading for?? I thought everyone was for having Seguin as a centre. This is his chance. The only two players at the wing spot we would consider trading would be Wheeler and Ryder. IMO they are not going anywhere I understand that risking and hoping Savard can comeback before the playoffs is a poor option. So make a decision now to use the cap exception to bring in a decent talent.  My point is, even with Savard shelved unless Seguin plays so poorly as a centre, no trade is going to happen to add a forward
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    As much as I like Tyler Seguin, he is in no way, Savard's replacement at center , and there is no way Chia and company are going into the playoffs without a suitable replacement for Savard.....this is not a knock on Seguin...he is not ready to assume that role. The Bruins have untill the trade deadline to sort this out, if in fact Savard is done for the year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN : Im not a doctor, but i am a med-student and suffered a grade-3 myself a while back. With minor concussions the diagnosis and treatment is rest for 7-10 symptom free. In Marc's case however, he has a history of concussion and it seems to me that this is now a "life" case instead of a "sport" case in the doctors eyes. I will not be shocked if a neurologist advices him to retire for the better of his health. He has become the Eric Lindros of the NHL. I would not risk it at this point. I'd let Savard be on his way and leave proud. Had a great career, one of the best passers the NHL has seen.  
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]
    I just hope it isn't as bad as you think.It's terrible to see a player forced to retire early rather than on his own terms.I wish him all the best in any decision he makes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teibore1. Show teibore1's posts

I wish Savard the best, even if it means hanging up the skates for a year, if not forever.

Maybe we see the return of Satan or possibly Jagr comes back to the NHL.  They can get a veteran 'rental' without giving anything up.  I thought Satan played well in the playoffs.  Isn't he knocking it around in the KHL right now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The Bruins are going to miss what Savard brought to the lineup. Sure the offensive numbers were down but having him there just balanced all the lines and made it hard for the other teams to match lines.  Just another center they had to think about.
    From the human side I hope he's okay and will recover,
    From the hockey buisness side the Bruins need to put him on LTIR , free cap space and find a replacement otherwise from now till he's back we'll see many games like last night.

P.S WT.. I was waiting all day yesterday for the Globe to give us news and nada !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Sad to see him go down (coming from Hunwick makes it all the more ironic and slightly tragic) but this spells career-ender. He may come back for a season or two but I can't envision Savard finishing out his contract. I'm not so sure Chiarelli will fill this void with a trade, but I hope the franchises young centers can all step up. Krejci needs to get his mojo back and y'all may roll your eyes but I think it could be time to slide Hamill into a third line role here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Savard, do yourself and your family a favor and retire. Selfishly, we want you to play, but your life ain't worth it. 

Thanks Matt Cooke. What a great guy you are! I wish your teammate well in coming back from his concussion.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard OUT!!!! PER TSN : Im not a doctor, but i am a med-student and suffered a grade-3 myself a while back. With minor concussions the diagnosis and treatment is rest for 7-10 symptom free. In Marc's case however, he has a history of concussion and it seems to me that this is now a "life" case instead of a "sport" case in the doctors eyes. I will not be shocked if a neurologist advices him to retire for the better of his health. He has become the Eric Lindros of the NHL. I would not risk it at this point. I'd let Savard be on his way and leave proud. Had a great career, one of the best passers the NHL has seen.  
    Posted by xenimus[/QUOTE]
    Perfectly said X. Couldn't have said it better myself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Good. Can't rely on him anyway. Put him on LTIR and get a top center at the trade deadline. Shouldn't be too hard to do. I don't want to go into the playoffs with Savard playing a key role on this team. He would never survive the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Good. Can't rely on him anyway. Put him on LTIR and get a top center at the trade deadline. Shouldn't be too hard to do. I don't want to go into the playoffs with Savard playing a key role on this team. He would never survive the playoffs.
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

And if he's fully re-cooped he doesn;t count on the cap therefore the Bruins can go over. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Honestly, every time he gets hit he needs to call time out to collect his thoughts..its ridiculous. Those hits weren't even that bad. If he can't deal with the idea of getting hit he needs to retire. I'm tired of watching it. My god Craig Janney was tougher than this guy