Savard Salary Question.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Savard Salary Question.

I feel terrible to Savard and what happened to him but does the 7m a year or whatever he will be getting for the next few years effect the salary cap the Bruins are dealing with now, or does it not count against the cap because he's on the long term IR?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Savard Salary Question.

From my understanding his cap hit is in the 5 million range. And it is counted against our cap as he has not been placed on LTIR.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

its 4 mill. if the player is on LTIR, the team may replace his cap hit

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

Savard's cap hit is $4 mil and is not LTIR since Bruins have cap room. Should they approach or exceed the cap, they can then place him on LTIR and his salary will not count against the cap. As of now, there is no advantage in having him listed LTIR.

(was working on link, don't think it's gonna happen)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Right, thought I was a little high with the cap hit. His contract was grandfathered in so the hit is in the 4 million range but he gets paid like 1 million.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

In Response to Re: Savard Salary Question.:
    [QUOTE]Right, thought I was a little high with the cap hit. His contract was grandfathered in so the hit is in the 4 million range but he gets paid like 1 million.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

Yes. His contract is heavily front loaded. $5-7 mil first few years, then 1/2 mil by 2015. Avg cap hit, $4mil

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Just to clear one thing up - placing him on LTIR won't eliminate his cap hit, it will allow the Bruins to exceed the cap by an amount equal to his cap hit (in principal only through one player, but I don't think that is enforced).

It's a subtle difference, that mostly only matters if a team is relying on 'banking' cap space to use at the trade deadline.