Savard update?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Savard update?

Just wondering what the status on Savard is?   Does anybody know what the future holds for this guy?  Will he play for the Bruins again? Will he retire?  Is he skating?  Hows he doing?  Is he even living in the Boston area now? Whatever information you see fit to post would be fine.

I haven't heard anything on him in a long long time and I'm just curious....if anyone has heard anything I'd appreciate an update.  Thanks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Savard update?

He's got a twitter account:
    He's at his home in Peterborough, Ontario.

He mentions headaches pretty often, and had this to say on 11-8: 
    Headaches are normal part of life know but memory still the scariest thing but really enjoying life and still not able to workout

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

In Response to Re: Savard update?:
    [QUOTE]He's got a twitter account: http://twitter.com/MSavvy91 He's at his home in Peterborough, Ontario. He mentions headaches pretty often, and had this to say on 11-8:  Headaches are normal part of life know but memory still the scariest thing but really enjoying life and still not able to workout
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Wow!!!  Sounds like he's done to me....thats too bad!!  I wish him all the best....thanks DrCC!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

He has a twitter account you can follow. 

I believe the general assumption is that he will never play again.

Again it's just an assumption, but people believe the only reason he has not retired is because, that would preclude him from collecting his salary.  He prersumably will retire when the contract expires.

He is living in Ontario.  Based on his twitter account he is still an avid B's fan and undeerstandably still feels like he's apart of the team.

Twitter handle @MSavvy91

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well, he is part of the team, as fars as the NHLPA, the NHL, the Bruins, and from what I've heard, his teammates, are concerned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Even if his headaches go away and his memory comes back, he should retire.  Everytime you get a concussion, it's easier to get another one.  And everytime you get a concussion. the chances of getting early onset dementia increases.

As it is, he could be in for a rough time after he hits middle age.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

One update indicated that he is helping to coach his son's team, so he's keeping his hand in, but the lack of recovery does not bode well. Great player who really contributed to Claude's system, showing how defense can be learned after years of focusing only on offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Savard has been a very good player for the Bruins ..but just face it ...he is done ..

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]Well, he is part of the team, as fars as the NHLPA, the NHL, the Bruins, and from what I've heard, his teammates, are concerned.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I was very happy when I started following him on twitter.  I was afraid he might be angry with the team, after the return from injury/Sobotka thing.  I was very happy to see that he still embraces the B's.  I hope the team has likewise treated him well since his retirement. When he came to watch playoff games last year, I considered it a sign they were on good terms.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

f u c k Matt Cooke

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I really miss watching a talent like Marc Savard - what a discgrace.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]I really miss watching a talent like Marc Savard - what a discgrace.
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Always liked his passion and excitement on scoring. The goal he scored to beat Montreal a couple years ago in game 6 of the playoffs will be forever etched in my memory. Really sucks that it's likely his career is over. Just hope the guy gets better....and doesn't end up with serious problems later in his life.

Sections
Shortcuts