Savard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Savard

A simple , basic , hockey play . In your own end , play it off the boards to get the puck out. This is taught in pee wee. Maybe if the B's  are up 8-1 in the third Savard could try a fancy alley oop flip of the puck up the middle of the ice . Not in a tie game in the third period.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

At least he got the comatose pass over with early. Could have waited until the closing seconds a la Philadelphia. Also had at least 2 chances to get it back and failed. Look up "post concussion syndrome" in the dictionary -- you can find Savard's picture next to the definition.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfbruins. Show mfbruins's posts

He's going to need the better part of the season to get even close to normal, hopefully by the playoffs when we really need him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

relax, he was trying to make a safe clear high out of the zone and he wiffed, it happens

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Savard:[QUOTE]relax, he was trying to make a safe clear high out of the zone and he wiffed, it happens Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Knew this thread was coming...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Savard:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard : Knew this thread was coming...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Yah....what if it was game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It'll take him more than these games to get back in shape.  While guys were working out and practicing over the summer, he was in a dark, silent room.  While guys were playing pre-season games and the first quarter of the season, he was fuzzy.

His game is based on precision.  That sort of accuracy doesn't come back overnight.

He should be fine in 20 more games...just in time to push for a good seed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

I knew this thread was coming too, and it's almost a reasonable complaint. Hockey 101, clear the puck up the boards, I watch the replay and I don't see much of a flub, Savard was clearly not going up the boards. He had a winger circling up towards the boards too and it could have led to a decent breakout, I'm sure the winger thought he'd go up the boards too. He makes too much $ and is an alleged "top player" to make this kind of mistake.

Above said the Bruins issues are deeper than a single player. They had awful givaways the whole game so you can't completely pin it on one guy....I mean bad blatant ones tonight, and coming out so flat in the second period. It's the same schizophrenic team we saw last season.

Rask made a few amazing saves tonight, that was a bright spot.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

[QUOTE]It'll take him more than these games to get back in shape.  While guys were working out and practicing over the summer, he was in a dark, silent room.  While guys were playing pre-season games and the first quarter of the season, he was fuzzy. His game is based on precision.  That sort of accuracy doesn't come back overnight. He should be fine in 20 more games...just in time to push for a good seed.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Suprising to see this coming from you considering you are far from a Savard fan

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard : Suprising to see this coming from you considering you are far from a Savard fan
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie[/QUOTE]

Personal opinion of him aside, what I wrote is true. 

(Plus, I promised San Dog I would try to be more positive, and I promised Chowda I would be less negative!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Savard will be fine once he has a linemate who can take a pass and 1-time the shot. He is at his best with a sniper, and the B's don't have a sniper. Sure, he's not the same guy, but watch some of his passes deep in the zone. Guys just aren't ready for his pinpoint plays. They want the Krecji or Bergeron soft pass, and that's fine for a lot of players, but Savard has always been a quick, deadly passer that creates goals by having able linemates who can shoot and shoot off a 1-timer. Horton has one good game and then 7 bad ones.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

danny, I was going to write this same thing over in another thread.  You hit the nail on the head.  i dont know why people dont see it too.  But rather make neg posts about what he's doing wrong.

Savy looks frustrated, tbh.  He puts the puck in shooting lanes that require quickness and skill, and his linemates dust it off..  Bang bang.  That's always been his game.  Be ready or you'll look like Bitzy.  It's that simple.  The snap shot guys have always work well with Savy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Hey guys, Savard is not what the B's need. The more he tries to play at the level he was once at the more you can see he never will. If his concusion was so bad how could he tee it all last summer? Golf take major concentration. I think Savard has PC & CJ snowed. Time for SAVVY to be gone!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Savard will be fine once he has a linemate who can take a pass and 1-time the shot. He is at his best with a sniper, and the B's don't have a sniper. Sure, he's not the same guy, but watch some of his passes deep in the zone. Guys just aren't ready for his pinpoint plays. They want the Krecji or Bergeron soft pass, and that's fine for a lot of players, but Savard has always been a quick, deadly passer that creates goals by having able linemates who can shoot and shoot off a 1-timer. Horton has one good game and then 7 bad ones.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

This doesn't really explain his bad passes in the defensive zone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Knew this thread was coming...

Knew your response was coming as well.  Your Binky Savy.  He is the Randy Moss of the Bruins.  He is untradeable right now, so send his $$$ down to Providence and let him work on his game and recovery there.  This notion that he is too good for his linemates, please, save that nonsense.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Knew this thread was coming... Knew your response was coming as well.  Your Binky Savy.  He is the Randy Moss of the Bruins.  He is untradeable right now, so send his $$$ down to Providence and let him work on his game and recovery there.  This notion that he is too good for his linemates, please, save that nonsense.  
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I've heard that one before, MeanE.  It's nonsense.  If Savard were that good, he could turn Wheeler into a 35 goal scorer while putting Ryder over 40.  Instead, we have Horton and Lucic with two goals COMBINED since the middle of December.

Savard does make pin point passes.  That's what he does.  High class snipers convert them.  That's what they do.  His style doesn't work with anyone else.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]A simple , basic , hockey play . In your own end , play it off the boards to get the puck out. This is taught in pee wee. Maybe if the B's  are up 8-1 in the third Savard could try a fancy alley oop flip of the puck up the middle of the ice . Not in a tie game in the third period.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely right.I'd bench a pee-wee for making that play.From the time a player is old enough to learn anything,you're told not to pass up the middle in your own zone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Robert72. Show Robert72's posts

I mostly come to these forums to kill time and check out out opinions. But wow how quick most people are to throw Savard under the bus after all he has done for this team. He's only been back from a career threatening injury for a month and a half. Just remember how long it took Bergeron to find he's game, and i remember a lot of people saying the same thing about him when he got back and wasn't playing like himself for a while. And last year it was all about getting rid of Tomas, now he look what hes doing. Give him time he already showed that he wants to be hear by signing a a cap friendly contract, and we know what kind of force he can be when hes on his game. He will get there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

It took Bergeron 1 1/2 seasons to get his game back

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I mostly come to these forums to kill time and check out out opinions. But wow how quick most people are to throw Savard under the bus after all he has done for this team. He's only been back from a career threatening injury for a month and a half. Just remember how long it took Bergeron to find he's game, and i remember a lot of people saying the same thing about him when he got back and wasn't playing like himself for a while. And last year it was all about getting rid of Tomas, now he look what hes doing. Give him time he already showed that he wants to be hear by signing a a cap friendly contract, and we know what kind of force he can be when hes on his game. He will get there.
    Posted by Robert72[/QUOTE]
    It's not throwing Savard under the bus to say he made a pee-wee mistake when that's exactly what he did.If his head is still so woozy that he doesn't know better than to make that pass,then take some more time off.Don't tell me Bergeron ever made passes like that when he came back.As it stands,Savard is losing  games for Boston.I look forward to his returning to winning games for us instead.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Bergeron's game never game back. He has 8 goals. Daniel Briere has 20.....This team is what it is...overrated and overhyped. Savard and Chara are the two worst contracts in hockey. But you people think the GM is doing a great job. The Bruins wouldn't make the playoffs in the Western Conference. As it is they are an 8th seed in the East but for playing in the worst division in the NHL. And they still need a real coach.......why does Recchi play all the time...PP & PK? He clearly is only effective one game a week if he is lucky. Ference on the PP? Bergeron still on the point? Every team they play has a better functioning PP. This is a typical Bruins team and coach like he last 40 years....decent players who have to play "harder" for their coach.......TRANSLATION = NOT GOOD ENUF 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez,
    As another poster stated, he whiffed.. The not passing up the middle, not passing across the front, the bruins do it all the time..

The fact is Savard makes risky plays, that is what makes him such a good player in the past, its also some of the stuff julien had actually ironed out when he came here.. But you can't ask him to change his game at this point, he is trying to make plays he knows how to make.. Bergeron was a different case, he was not a "high risk" type of player, so him not playing to top form meant he might not be as good as he can, but he isnt going to make those kind of mistakes.
    He is trying to make plays that in his correct form he can make..

It was a bad play, it gave up the game winning goal, but the bruins still could have gotten it done.. Its not entirely his fault, (that play is) but even with out that play, they managed 1 goal..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

If it takes a year and a half, then why is he on the first line?  It may not be Savard's fault, but this is a business, a business of winning the Stanley Cup, and IMHO, the Bruins shouldn't wait around to see if he ever returns to the game he had prior to his last concussion, as there have been several.  Send him to Providence and let him play out the year there.  Cap friendly contract?  Not so sure anymore.  At the time yes.  Post concussion, not so much.  This will also free up cap space to get another d man.  Centers would be Bergeron, Krejci, Seguin, Campbell.  Call up Sauve and give him a shot on the wing, as he would bring much needed speed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Nash,
    awful post, completely infactual as well.. Way to continue your trend of horrid post.

The bruins would be 7th in the east if they give up the division lead, but with 2 games in hand allowing them to push up to as high as the 4 seed..

The west is weak this year aside from a few teams, the bruins would be 4th in the west games in hand pushing them as high as 3rd..

keep up the good work

Sections
Shortcuts