Savard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Savard

In Response to Re: Savard:
    [QUOTE]Bergeron's game never game back. He has 8 goals. Daniel Briere has 20.....This team is what it is...overrated and overhyped. Savard and Chara are the two worst contracts in hockey. But you people think the GM is doing a great job. The Bruins wouldn't make the playoffs in the Western Conference. As it is they are an 8th seed in the East but for playing in the worst division in the NHL. And they still need a real coach.......why does Recchi play all the time...PP & PK? He clearly is only effective one game a week if he is lucky. Ference on the PP? Bergeron still on the point? Every team they play has a better functioning PP. This is a typical Bruins team and coach like he last 40 years....decent players who have to play "harder" for their coach.......TRANSLATION = NOT GOOD ENUF 
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]
    Decided I'd take you off ignore for once and what a waste of time.You're an idiot that thinks spouting negative,unfactual,garbage makes you seem smart.It doesn't.It just makes you seem like a troll.Unless Briere will be nominated for the Selke,there's no reason to compare he and Bergeron.A knowledgeable fan would know this.Pitt was  in an 0 for 23  PP funk but I'm sure that's not relevant as it doesn't support your foolishness.Back to ignore!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

MeanE,
    The bruins don't play a line 1-2-3 system, look at the minutes from last nights game, savard played the least number of any bruins center EV, and played only slightly more minutes then seguin, mostly cause he had nearly 5 minutes on the PP...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, As another poster stated, he whiffed.. The not passing up the middle, not passing across the front, the bruins do it all the time.. The fact is Savard makes risky plays, that is what makes him such a good player in the past, its also some of the stuff julien had actually ironed out when he came here.. But you can't ask him to change his game at this point, he is trying to make plays he knows how to make.. Bergeron was a different case, he was not a "high risk" type of player, so him not playing to top form meant he might not be as good as he can, but he isnt going to make those kind of mistakes. He is trying to make plays that in his correct form he can make.. It was a bad play, it gave up the game winning goal, but the bruins still could have gotten it done.. Its not entirely his fault, (that play is) but even with out that play, they managed 1 goal..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    Big difference how a team approaches a tie game in the 3rd as opposed to being down a goal.Saying the Bruins make that pass all the time is untrue at best.Was someone going to get a breakaway if that pass made it through?That would be the only justification to your risk/reward theory.There were too many other choices to have settled on that.Maybe I'm too hard on pee-wees.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Savard today is not the same Savard as he was before the Cooke hit, that is clear to everyone.    As clear as it is to us, it is probably more clear to GM's who have scouts and who's job it is to know what level all players in the league are at.

Savard has what, 6 more seasons under his current contract at just over a 4M cap hit.   Today, he is overpriced, and locked in for an eternity.   If his game comes back he will be a bargain, but that may never happen.

What choice do the Bruins have aside from continuing to play Savard (hopefully with reduced minutes) and hope he gets his old self back?    No other team is going to trade for Savard right now, at least I know I wouldn't if I were a GM.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez,
    I understand that its a big difference, but the bruins played well in the 3rd..They out shot minn heavily..They didnt get it done, i dont think coming from a tie would have changed that..

The bruins pass across the front of the crease on a nightly basis, there is usually 1-2 a game that make me wince..not to mention the frequency of chara (more then anyone) stick handling from behind the net right to the front with pressure on..Your talking fundamentals, dont pass across the front, but the pro game elite athletes, that pass is common place..

the fact remains, what can be said about savard when he is on, is the same thing that can be said when he's not.. He makes passes other guys dont see, you have to expect and be ready for it..on both ends of the ice..

no one saw him laying that puck tape to tape for clutterbuck, but he was ready right..

win would have been nice, Maybe the positive to take from it is he is feeling good enough to think he can make that pass.. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Roler,  He was benched for most of the third, so I would expect that he has the least amount of minutes.  The fact is, CJ put him on the #1 line with the Bruins best wingers.  He doesn't deserve that role right now.  I would rather see anyone center those two guys right now, including Wheeler, Seguin, and Campbell.  Removing Savard from this team will have the same effect that removing Randy Moss from the Patriots.  Fans argued that he was too talented to let go, there was the excuse that he was getting double teamed, etc...  The players said that he was great in the locker room.  The coaches said that they had no problems with him.  Sound familiar?  TMMOI, Concussion, Depression, Bad Play, excuses from fans, whether legit or not, it is time for Savard to move on with this club.  I have said it before and I will say it again, he will never recover from that Cooke hit.  I feel for him as a person, and I am sure the Bruins management does as well, but it is time to put feelings aside and do what is best for the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, I understand that its a big difference, but the bruins played well in the 3rd..They out shot minn heavily..They didnt get it done, i dont think coming from a tie would have changed that.. The bruins pass across the front of the crease on a nightly basis, there is usually 1-2 a game that make me wince..not to mention the frequency of chara (more then anyone) stick handling from behind the net right to the front with pressure on..Your talking fundamentals, dont pass across the front, but the pro game elite athletes, that pass is common place.. the fact remains, what can be said about savard when he is on, is the same thing that can be said when he's not.. He makes passes other guys dont see, you have to expect and be ready for it..on both ends of the ice.. no one saw him laying that puck tape to tape for clutterbuck, but he was ready right.. win would have been nice, Maybe the positive to take from it is he is feeling good enough to think he can make that pass.. 
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]
    The pass  in front is commonplace provided there's no opponent between the 2 passers.You don't stickhandle when you're last man back and you don't go through the middle in your own end.Like I said,it would've been tolerable if he was trying to hit someone with a breakaway pass.Unfortunately,I've no idea who that pass was intended for.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO it is just not enough time for Savard's line to jell. Horton does not have much feel for Savvy's play, but he appears to be working harder as of late. Looch may be on the wrong line, swap looch and Ryder. As it is right now this team is in training camp mode as Claude tries to determine how to get results. Keeping Recchi on anything other than 4th line is a losing proposition.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Dez, watch chara circle that net with the puck and tell me we dont stick handle with last man back.. The team makes these plays more and more when we "press" .. you'll usually see it when chara carries the puck end to end..

Like I said your talking fundamentals, I agree with everything you have said, but I see it all the time, there are often passes coming straight across the crease with guys in the vicinity to pick the pick off..

MeanE...

Savard wasnt benched.. Edwards said that, but he nearly scored on 2 occasions immediately following the play..  Claude (suprisingly) juggled the lines around, and looked like he was playing the forwards who had been playing the best in an attempt to get things tied up late in the game, which is when we did not see savard.  Seguin bergeron and march ended the game on a line, and we had 5 forwards and chara out there at the end.. I didnt see it as a "benching (savard was right back on the ice next shift with his line) as much as a, heres the guys playing the best tonight, who are the best defensively..

but I don't think its time for him to move on, i think he needs to do a better job as well as claude at identifying what he is, and isnt capable of at this time..He needs to be better by playoffs, and he needs to help this team.  Hold him back, find out how he is doing give him nights off if you need to..  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Roler,  R U Serious?  He wasn't benched?  Come on Bro!  Stop with the semantics. 

"After the turnover, Savard skated only two shifts — once at 6:02, then again at 18:50 to replace Rask as the extra skater.

“I think when you make a mistake like that, everybody’s got to be accountable,’’ said coach Claude Julien. “It’s one of those things that happens throughout a game. From the first player to the last player, you want to make sure that everybody understands that it was a mistake that you don’t expect a guy like that to make. It doesn’t mean that you lose confidence in him, because you’re going to go right back with him the next game. You hope they bounce back. That’s what coaches do. They coach. And that’s what I did.’’

It was the second time in the last five games that Savard was benched for part of the third period. "

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Ahh, then maybe he was, I thought he took 2 shifts after and then the late shift.. (which would only be 3 but about 1/3 of his time was on the pp anyhow).. But I was looking at is as a reduction in time, not a benching.. Throwing a guy out 2 shifts later doesn't look like a benching to me typically oyu know?

When was the other benching?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Savard:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard : Yah....what if it was game 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals? Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

Anyone that doesn't think that the team loses game 7s shouldn't follow sports. Blaming one player for a lose is hilarious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Savard doesn't get into shoving matches with his coach or teammates Randy Moss did get you facts straight! The last 5-7 games Horton and Lucic did not score with Krejci should we trade David because his passes weren't being finished ? "Ahh duhh well maybe ahh I don't know"

The Bruins lose to a team that is now only three points behind Boston and It's lets blame it on one player who doesn't have wingers that can convert on a regular basis not for Krejci nor Savard get over your emotions Mean.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Savard today is not the same Savard as he was before the Cooke hit, that is clear to everyone.    As clear as it is to us, it is probably more clear to GM's who have scouts and who's job it is to know what level all players in the league are at. Savard has what, 6 more seasons under his current contract at just over a 4M cap hit.   Today, he is overpriced, and locked in for an eternity.   If his game comes back he will be a bargain, but that may never happen. What choice do the Bruins have aside from continuing to play Savard (hopefully with reduced minutes) and hope he gets his old self back?    No other team is going to trade for Savard right now, at least I know I wouldn't if I were a GM.
    Posted by Homebrew76[/QUOTE]

Spot on realism!  Time for Savard to take a seat in the press box, take a rest, he has moments of the old Savard, and moments where he is 18, like someone else who sat in the press box.  I want Savard back for the playoffs, but he just may need some rest.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

SanDog, I am not speaking on emotions, unlike you.  Get your facts straight my man.  He just had a shoving match with Bergeron a couple of weeks ago.  I am not basing my opinion on one game (16 games 6 points -8), facts by the way. I am on record saying that your binky is never going to recover from his last concussion.  Go look at Lindros's numbers when he was Savy's age, after numerous concussions.  I wish Savy the best, but I feel he should retire!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Savard is no good for this team. As the rumors always come about of him not being liked in the locker room. He is like a poison to the B's. I'm tired of him already and I don't see him on the same page as any of the players. Horton is lost playing with him and Lucic is trying to blend in but his production is way off the pace he was at.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I'm fine with trading Savard even with little in return but the fact remains that there is no way to move his contract.

Our best trade chips are Krejci, Stuart, and Wheeler. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Put Savard on Seguin's wing.

My $0.02. Analysis.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Cafardo..

savard is not a wing in any way shape or form..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Boneheaded move by Savard, but stuff like that is going to happen.  Extremely inopportune timing though.  That being said, the Bruins played like absolute crap for most of the final 40 minutes.  And they looked even worse on the PP than they did 5 on 5 to boot.  How that's possible is beyond me...

This team is just extremely inconsistent.  I have not seen a team so inaccurate with passes and shots in a long long time.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

They literally stop whatever momentum they happen to gain

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Savard:[QUOTE]SanDog, I am not speaking on emotions, unlike you.  Get your facts straight my man.  He just had a shoving match with Bergeron a couple of weeks ago.  I am not basing my opinion on one game (16 games 6 points -8), facts by the way. I am on record saying that your binky is never going to recover from his last concussion.  Go look at Lindros's numbers when he was Savy's age, after numerous concussions.  I wish Savy the best, but I feel he should retire!Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Giving a teammate a wack on the back of the leg then a shove during practice happens all the time in Hockey. Savard and Ryder were pushing each other around in practice Murphy then ran tweeted about it then took it down when someone online pointed out they were joking around which they were I saw pictures of it.

Randy Moss put his hands on his coach and twice had to be separated from Tom Brady because Moss was screaming at him two totally different types of situations. Since you claim to follow both sports you should know better.

How about try putting down Krejci binky whom has been suffering the same thing he doesn't have consistent finishers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

For all of you saying Savard is untradeable, I'd be willing to bet Toronto would make a deal for him. Wouldn't be surprised if this happened at the draft or at some point in the summer if they fail to get Brad Richards.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]For all of you saying Savard is untradeable, I'd be willing to bet Toronto would make a deal for him. Wouldn't be surprised if this happened at the draft or at some point in the summer if they fail to get Brad Richards.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    I don't think he's untradeable but it would be hard to get a valuable return on him right now.I'm not opposed to him working through his problems.I just want him to never make those types of passes again while he does.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

That's the difference between you and I, I can admit when my Binky is playing badly, and Krejci is playing badly right now. I hate to tell you, but just as many fights happen in football practice as they do in hockey, if not more. You are right, I do know better. Savard might not have pushed a coach, but he did throw his coach and teammate under the bus with the TMMOI.