Savard's cap space.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Savard's cap space.

I read and hear that Savard is not making a comeback due to ongoing post-concussion symptoms.  If the B's put him on some type of long term injured reserve list, what can/will they do with the money that isn't counted toward the cap?  I know they are above the cap now and will have to pay a penalty, but is there any chance that Chiarelli uses some of the the money to get someone the equivalent of a Ryder or a Recchi mid-season like to make up for some of the playoff production those two provided?  Or is it more likely that they can use the money toward a deal for Marchand?   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Savard's cap space.

In Response to Savard's cap space.:
    I read and hear that Savard is not making a comeback due to ongoing post-concussion symptoms.  If the B's put him on some type of long term injured reserve list, what can/will they do with the money that isn't counted toward the cap?  I know they are above the cap now and will have to pay a penalty, but is there any chance that Chiarelli uses some of the the money to get someone the equivalent of a Ryder or a Recchi mid-season like to make up for some of the playoff production those two provided?  Or is it more likely that they can use the money toward a deal for Marchand?   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

We will be on LTIR, the team can be above the acp by his salary amount at the end of the season with out being found in violation of the cap..
    Its not an ideal situation as we don't acrue cap space during the season for being under that though..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Billy-Chapel. Show Billy-Chapel's posts

Above the cap????
    http://www.capgeek.com/

In Response to Savard's cap space.:
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Billy,
    they went above the cap last season, becuase of bonuses, and will have to pay a cap penalty this season... there is a 10% cap cushion if you go into it, that money comes off the following year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Instead of having app 8 + mill in space, due to the cap penalty they would have app 6 + mill left in cap space.  No Savvy and that # is closer to 10 or 11 mill in cap room for 2012.  Keep in mind they still need to sign Marchand.  Even if Marchand takes up 3 to 4 mill, there still appears to be some room to make moves at the deadline and possibly even bigger moves(s) if Savvy is off the books.

Anyway, that is the way I've interpreted the cap reality.  Could be wrong as I tend not to spend a ton of time analyzing this stuff.  I check out nhlnumbers.com the odd time and not too sure how accurate they are.

If this is the case, PC is borderline genius.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yes the Bruins will be able to spend Savard's cap number on other players.  Yes they have a lot of cap space.  I expect and hope that they will allow Seguin, Caron, Corvo and Pouliot to show they can contribute.  Then, depending on the results they could make a move to bring in proven help if needed mid-season.  They will probably keep space available to sign players next season (DK,TR), and to see how the collective bargaining pans out, so don't expect them to acquire any long-term big money players in deals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

The cap figures on cap geek dont show the two extra's likely on the roster Kampfer $875,000 and Caron 1.1 millon.
    Adding to that leaves Marchand's possible 3.5 million and the cushion goes to 2 plus million.
    If Savard is LTR it goes back up to 6 million.
    Pretty good shape if reinforecemnts are needed if injuries occur.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The CAP space will also be available to pay callups if and when necessary, which could happen with injuries

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyD603. Show TommyD603's posts

OatesCam hit it on the nose

Sections
Shortcuts