Savard's name on the cup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Savard's name on the cup

Waiting for NAS to make the case for Hunwick's name on the Cup.

22GP as a Bruin and he ended Savard's season, maybe his career (clean-hit).

C'mon NAS, give this one up.  You are better than this.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Savard's name on the cup:
    [QUOTE]Waiting for NAS to make the case for Hunwick's name on the Cup. 22GP as a Bruin and he ended Savard's season, maybe his career (clean-hit). C'mon NAS, give this one up.  You are better than this.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

It's just my opinion.  I can understand how most want his name on there, but I look at it differently.  If you're going to have your name on the Cup, you should have helped the team earn it.

He didn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

[QUOTE]Waiting for NAS to make the case for Hunwick's name on the Cup. 22GP as a Bruin and he ended Savard's season, maybe his career (clean-hit). C'mon NAS, give this one up.  You are better than this.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

Since I have NAS on ignore, Im not positive with what he's saying, but Ive got a GOOD idea.  And no, he isnt better.  Dont give him that much credit. 

And as for Savard, did anyone see the interview he did with Naoko?  Man, he didnt look good at all and it speaks VOLUMES that he wasnt with the team celebrating.  His responses to some of her questions, like he has some memory loss!?  I dont know how he comes back, I honestly dont, EXPECIALLY any time soon.  I dont see a season opener in his near future at all.  He must have serious damage.  I feel horrible for the guy.  Absolutely sick to my stomach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard's name on the cup : Since I have NAS on ignore, Im not positive with what he's saying, but Ive got a GOOD idea.  And no, he isnt better.  Dont give him that much credit. 
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

You like to say this, as if I care, and yet sometimes you quote and reply to my posts.  Which is it?

If you're going to ignore someone, just ignore them.  When you are constantly posting that you are ignoring someone, you really aren't ignore them at all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard's name on the cup : Like or dislike notwithstanding, he didn't meet the regular season games played number, he didn't play a second in the playoffs (you know, when they were winning the Cup) and for the few games he did play, HE WAS AWFUL. He is no Stanley Cup champion.  No name on the Cup for him in my world.  I'm going to guess they'll give it to him, but I don't like it. Nite, tell me how Marc Savard helped the 2010-11 Boston Bruins win the Stanley Cup.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    OK! I'm going to go to your level for a minute & answer your question. Marc Savard helped the B's win the Stanley Cup by getting his noggin knocked to another world. The B's were able to make the necessary moves they needed to win because he was on the LTIR list. Which then enabled PC to have the cap space to improve the team to win the cup! There! Happy?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard's name on the cup : The line of the thread!  I see NAS's point on why his name may not be on the Cup.  I have not done the research but I would think there are other players from past championships that were not included.  The only argument to be used for Savard is the sympathetic one, a tribute, for his career looks to be over with at this point.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

IS;  Seriously? Comon. You know NAS. If he liked Marc Savard you think he'd be B!tching like this? When you feel this strongly about something there's usually a personal reason. NAS has made it quite known how he feels about Savvy on here. If this was a player he liked, or had no issues with; you and I both know he wouldn't be so persistent about it. This all about his own personal feelings for the guy. Nothing more; nothing less! We've both been around long enough to know when NAS gets his panties in a bunch there's no reasoning with him. A lot of us on here are like that. However; all of us get told in some form or another & NAS is no exception. I respect the guy for his knowledge & USUALLY I appreciate his directness; but that doesn't always make it so his opinions aren't up for debate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard's name on the cup : You like to say this, as if I care, and yet sometimes you quote and reply to my posts.  Which is it? If you're going to ignore someone, just ignore them.  When you are constantly posting that you are ignoring someone, you really aren't ignore them at all.

I agree with you. But sometimes you can see what the person your ignoring has to say from someone you're not ignoring & you just have to respond.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard's name on the cup : OK! I'm going to go to your level for a minute & answer your question. Marc Savard helped the B's win the Stanley Cup by getting his noggin knocked to another world. The B's were able to make the necessary moves they needed to win because he was on the LTIR list. Which then enabled PC to have the cap space to improve the team to win the cup! There! Happy?
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Stoop to my level to tell the truth?  Congrats to you!

I agree with your statement here.  He did nothing to help the team win the Cup outside of removing is contract from the books.

That's not enough for me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard's name on the cup : Stoop to my level to tell the truth?  Congrats to you! I agree with your statement here.  He did nothing to help the team win the Cup outside of removing is contract from the books. That's not enough for me.

Oh NAS ya know I love ya like a pimple on my behind! This isn't the 1st time we disagreed won't be the last. You're still one of my favs in here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard's name on the cup : Oh NAS ya know I love ya like a pimple on my behind! This isn't the 1st time we disagreed won't be the last. You're still one of my favs in here.

Yes sir, and the rest of the forum can re-read the interaction between me, you and Crowls to see how people can disagree yet get along just fine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard's name on the cup : IS;  Seriously? Comon. You know NAS. If he liked Marc Savard you think he'd be B!tching like this? When you feel this strongly about something there's usually a personal reason. NAS has made it quite known how he feels about Savvy on here. If this was a player he liked, or had no issues with; you and I both know he wouldn't be so persistent about it. This all about his own personal feelings for the guy. Nothing more; nothing less! We've both been around long enough to know when NAS gets his panties in a bunch there's no reasoning with him. A lot of us on here are like that. However; all of us get told in some form or another & NAS is no exception. I respect the guy for his knowledge & USUALLY I appreciate his directness; but that doesn't always make it so his opinions aren't up for debate.

Nitemare, I looked at the argument based upon the 41 games rule.  There must be other players on other Stanley Cup teams that were not included missing the cut off date.  I just believe if the NHL is going to play fair, don't change the rule.  IMO, Savard deserves to be on the Cup.  He was the starting center, whose injury was caused by another player who hit him in the head.  If he had a broken ankle in practice, or had a series knee injury I would think his name should not be included.  A head injury may in fact end his career, to me the NHL should at least realize his battle with PCS could be such.  Kampfer on the other hand simply should not be on the list.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard's name on the cup : Nitemare, I looked at the argument based upon the 41 games rule.  There must be other players on other Stanley Cup teams that were not included missing the cut off date.  I just believe if the NHL is going to play fair, don't change the rule.  IMO, Savard deserves to be on the Cup.  He was the starting center, whose injury was caused by another player who hit him in the head.  If he had a broken ankle in practice, or had a series knee injury I would think his name should not be included.  A head injury may in fact end his career, to me the NHL should at least realize his battle with PCS could be such.  Kampfer on the other hand simply should not be on the list.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Yea & I guess this the reason why I hope he's there. He just may never get another chance to get his name on there. Retiring; when your forced to is sad enough. I do see NAS's arguement to a degree; but I feel strongly that since this maybe his final chapter to his hockey career. He should get the honor.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

NAS i disagree with your statement that they didnt need him. The power play almost cost them and with a healthy Savard theres no way the PP struggles. I know you going to say they won the cup without him therefor they didnt need him....We were without 3 people today at work, we got the job done, but man i could have used those 3 extras. And shoul one of them get severely injured on the job, I'd still invite them to the Christmas party...It's just common decency.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS i disagree with your statement that they didnt need him. The power play almost cost them and with a healthy Savard theres no way the PP struggles. I know you going to say they won the cup without him therefor they didnt need him....We were without 3 people today at work, we got the job done, but man i could have used those 3 extras. And shoul one of them get severely injured on the job, I'd still invite them to the Christmas party...It's just common decency.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

With Savard in, Krejci moves down, Bergeron moves down, chemistry changes, the outcome is most likely different (never to be known).

The B's got it done without him.  With him, they didn't.

Not needed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I think with the part he played in helping to turn the Bruins around a few years back and with everything he has gone through, that he has been an inspiration for the Bruins.  Also he did play this year so if they can, they should put his name on the Cup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savard's name on the cup : With Savard in, Krejci moves down, Bergeron moves down, chemistry changes, the outcome is most likely different (never to be known). The B's got it done without him.  With him, they didn't. Not needed.

In theory I agree with what you're saying here.  Before these playoffs, I never really appreciated how good a defensive player Krecji is - hands down much better than Savvy.  I would give the nod to Savard, though, in the passing ability category, which would presumably improve the PP %.  If he's healthy, I would think CJ would want to find room for those skills - they're hard to find and something this team can use.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

You dont need to be on the ice to contribute. Nathan Horton did more for the Bruins in the last 5 games in the Finals than he did in the first two when he was actually on the ice. You dont know what he might have been saying or doing in the locker room to help keep the boys motivated and focused.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]You dont need to be on the ice to contribute. Nathan Horton did more for the Bruins in the last 5 games in the Finals than he did in the first two when he was actually on the ice. You dont know what he might have been saying or doing in the locker room to help keep the boys motivated and focused.
    Posted by davecarr[/QUOTE]

Savard didn't go in the locker room.  He didn't want to disturb what was going on in there.

AKA:  Nothing.

Sections
Shortcuts