Savard's soulmate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Savard's soulmate

While Krejčí is starting to look like his old self again, I still think the long-term offensive success of this team will depend on Savard.  So, how to get the best production out of him?

Postulate: the type of forward that best compliments Savard's skill set is the one that plays really well without the puck.  It needs to be someone what will get the defense moving, and be active.  No sitting around waiting for passes!

So, who do you think it is?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Savard's soulmate

I would be in shock if Seguin wasn't on one of his wings but DRCC who is on the other side ? Ryder seems to really know how to find Tyler so he's a good compliment but that's two right handed shots on Savard's wings. It looks like it will be Ryder though because Wheeler plays well with Bergeron-Recchi.

Who will come off the PK Caron or Marchand ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I've said on more than one occasion , Seguin has the speed as Kessel did.  We can see that duo click and Savvy can be aggressive in the faceoff circle when backed by another versatile center like Seguin.
    In the end bringing Savvy in (slowly) it'll  create a whole new dimension for the Bruins offence and open it up for the other lines.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Couldnt agree more Bs Legion, good post!!

But please-please-please do not put Ryder w/ these two guys....he is the biggest hinderance to Seguin, I'd like to see Marchand move up & play with these guys, he has a ton more skill than a fourth line plugger role he plays now; Marchand-Savard-Seguin, I'd love to see it!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I would completely change it up.

Seguin-Krejci-Horton
    Lucic-Bergeron-Wheeler
    Caron-Savard-Marchand
    Ryder-Campbel-Recchi

This way Recchi can be used more selectively towards his strenghts you still have Campbel for Dzone faceoffs and the PK. Ryder rides the pine most of the game!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Wheeler and caron with savie

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

1 Vote for wheeler.

Stanley lol!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Really?  Ryder is a hindrance to Seguin?  Hm.  Well, let's see...how many goals has Seguin scored as a direct result of a pass from Ryder?  How many has he scored without Ryder?  Everyone loves to hate on Ryder, and he's been as guilty as any of the forwards for the listless offensive play of late, but the kid seems to like playing with him.  You may have noticed they dealt Marco Sturm instead of demoting Ryder.  Why, exactly, do you think that is?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well I got my answer about Caron and Marchand PC wants to give the very likeable youth movement a go very good. As much as I liked Sturm points being brought up lately that at least Michael stays healthy and indeed Ryder has chemistry with Seguin.

Also as mentioned on TSN Chiarelli gave Sturm three teams to choose from to waive his NTC so that tells me GMs were more interested in Marco bad knees and all. What I want form Ryder now that were still stuck with Julien's pet is too keep that chemistry with Seguin going. So it is two right handed shots on Savard's wings so be it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Wasn't one of the reasons Wheeler played LW his rookie year that Ryder wouldn't/couldn't move over?  Does that mean Seguin would be on the left for a Seguin-Savard-Ryder line?  Would that work?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

BB eventually one pass is going to connect...Ryder is terrible; countless times  you see Seguin curl after Ryder cannot handle one of his passes & changes, hes obviously frustrated w/ him, he's making the best of it; put him w/ Savard & you'll see a smile on his face.  He has Seguin at least four or fve times through the middle last night, once he sent over a high school skill level pass to him last night, yah for Ryder, then wathc him on the next shift give up the puck in the slot as the off wing so he doesnt get hit to make a play....

Sturm IMO was dealt over Ryder for a few reasons:
    - Sturm is done physically & the risk is too high for re-inury w/ his history
    - No GM wants Ryder
    - CJ has a hard on for the kid, no idea why

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Lucic Krejci Horton
    Seguin Savard Caron
    Wheeler Bergeron Ryder
    Marchand Campbell Recchi

Extra: Thornton

Savard and Seguin should no doubt play together- Seguin's speed on the wing is a good combination with Savard's game.

Sections
Shortcuts