Savvy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Savvy

Glass half-full moment... Savard has been better in the last couple of games, points in his last two, with increased minutes.  Please note, I am not saying perfect, I am saying much better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Savvy:
    [QUOTE]Glass half-full moment... Savard has been better in the last couple of games, points in his last two, with increased minutes.  Please note, I am not saying perfect, I am saying much better.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

For the sake of everyone involved, I hope he rounds back to form quickly.   Everything I had written was based on him taking as much time as Bergeron to return and his skills diminishing as he recovered.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

yaz, kovalev??? i'd rather play shorthanded than have kovalev on this team. he's by far the laziest player in the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy : (lol @ the finger) Is there a future growth potential for a guy in his mid-30's in the NHL?  It seems to me like the only direction is down.  It's my belief that the idea of the contract was to get the most out of him for the first three or four years and then deal with the last three when they came about.  Now, the first three years of this deal are possibly going to be junk, leaving only one possible good year before the imminent decline of skills and ability. That's a liability in my book, and if they can erase it by waiving him and having someone else take the chance, I would be thrilled. Let's talk about the worst case for the Bruins:  He gets picked up by another team and returns to form.  Let's give him 80 points for each of the next three years.  One of either Bergeron, Krejci or Seguin will have to fill that ice time.  Next season it's 60, then 70, then 75.  At the end of that third year, the B's are a goal and four assists off the pace they would have been on...but were able to spend that extra cap room money on a high class winger.  I know this is all in my own little fantasy land, but this is the reasoning behind my thought process. If someone were to claim Savard, the team would have Krejci, Seguin and Bergeron as the centers.  With the free money from Savard and by not re-signing Ryder, they could spend that $8M on a serious business winger like Brad Richards. (I'm sure someone will respond to this with "I don't want Brad Richards on the Bruins.  It's an example of a pending UFA.  Not a call for the B's to get Brad Richards.) Lucic-Krejci-Richards Wheeler-Seguin-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Caron? I can get behind that.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

The future growth potential is not in his age but in his physical condition.  I am assuming he will get better than he is right now as he improves from the concussion.  I realize the original premise was it taking 2 years for him to get back to form, and if it took that long I can see where you are coming from (although you lost me with all that points stuff).  I seriously doubt it will take that long.  A healthy Savard would be a definite asset come playoff time.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Posted on another post as well...

NAS hates Sav(apparently he is not the only one), so will not give a fair rendition on play.  Sav received the forearm, elbow shiver to the head along the boards, appeared a good hockey play at the time.  Sav took longer to get up and Ref blew whistle when the B's had attack on, on further review which noone on the ice got to see, it was a head shot, did not look totally in wrong as Sav was going down a bit in offbalance trying to avoid the D man.  It was a head shot, which I thought as well, it was just a good hockey hit until the review, it was a definite intent to nail Sav to the barn door, no let up when he knew it was the head receiving.

Sav was on bench, turning his head trying to work the kinks out of his neck.  I hope there is no reoccurrence of head injury on this.

Sav also came back out next shift and played well.  His line was our best line last night, dominated play, 17 shots, 3 or more posts and umpteen quality scoring chances. They just need to net a few.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Savvy : (lol @ the finger) Is there a future growth potential for a guy in his mid-30's in the NHL?  It seems to me like the only direction is down.  It's my belief that the idea of the contract was to get the most out of him for the first three or four years and then deal with the last three when they came about.  Now, the first three years of this deal are possibly going to be junk, leaving only one possible good year before the imminent decline of skills and ability. That's a liability in my book, and if they can erase it by waiving him and having someone else take the chance, I would be thrilled. Let's talk about the worst case for the Bruins:  He gets picked up by another team and returns to form.  Let's give him 80 points for each of the next three years.  One of either Bergeron, Krejci or Seguin will have to fill that ice time.  Next season it's 60, then 70, then 75.  At the end of that third year, the B's are a goal and four assists off the pace they would have been on...but were able to spend that extra cap room money on a high class winger.  I know this is all in my own little fantasy land, but this is the reasoning behind my thought process. If someone were to claim Savard, the team would have Krejci, Seguin and Bergeron as the centers.  With the free money from Savard and by not re-signing Ryder, they could spend that $8M on a serious business winger like Brad Richards. (I'm sure someone will respond to this with "I don't want Brad Richards on the Bruins.  It's an example of a pending UFA.  Not a call for the B's to get Brad Richards.) Lucic-Krejci-Richards Wheeler-Seguin-Horton Marchand-Bergeron-Caron? I can get behind that.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Richards a winger? According to the Stars' website, he listed as 'C'...

Sections
Shortcuts