SAVY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

SAVY

PC has a Press Conference scheduled for 1145 to update the status of Savards return.  would be good to hear a target date

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: SAVY

If it were up to me, I'd take the return date and add 1 extra month. No need to rush him back again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Savy is on the ice practicing, assuming that is what the announcement will be..orrrrrr could it be a trade to start making room for Savy's return

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY:
    [QUOTE]Savy is on the ice practicing, assuming that is what the announcement will be..orrrrrr could it be a trade to start making room for Savy's return
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]

Well you dont sit on your butt for 6 months and then magically return to peak physical form after one on ice session. Id say he should be another 1-1.5mo away from return at the earliest.

Especially if consider when Bergy came back as compared to when he really returned "to form".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY :  hes been working out for quite a while now
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Thats entirely different than being in full contact game shape. Ive been working out for the last few months too Maybe I should show up to B's Practice?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: SAVY:[QUOTE]If it were up to me, I'd take the return date and add 1 extra month. No need to rush him back again.Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

I'm entirely OK with this Marc should only come back when he is ready.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I cant find anything about a presser anywhere?  Have a link?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY :  well no, because no offense, but i assume you don't have the talent. hes gotten his heart rate up. if he practice for 2 weeks while being in the gym he'll be fine, 4-6 weeks is MAJOR overkill and might draw some accusations of cap circumvention

Damn you crushed my DREAMS!!! Obviously non taken im not Marc Savard.

I didnt consider the Cap Circumvention. Id just rather have Marc back at 100% and have him at 100% going into the playoffs this  year.  If that means his return is overly slow so be it. It would be hard to prove cap circumention IMO witha tricky injury like a severe concussion.

Also remember how long it took Bergeron to get back to His true "form" id Hope that Marc would get back to that faster but I dont think rushing him back A'la Flyers series will get him there quicker.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

[QUOTE]I cant find anything about a presser anywhere?  Have a link?
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

my source was the Sports Hub 98.5 for this presser.  it was just saying that he passed a conditioning test and is hitting the ice but non-contact

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Oh, OK.  I looked all over the place and couldnt find a thing.  Thanks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

From Bish, via Twitter:

B’s GM Chiarelli with some “good news”: Marc Savard passed a conditioning test and will join the Bruins for practice (non-contact). He’ll need to take a couple more tests next week.

Also:

On the ice this morning in Wilmo: Sturm, Savard, Krejci, McQuaid, Boychuk, Thomas with Coach Jarvis.

Julien on Marc Savard: "I think it's pretty encouraging news for everyone involved...we'll take it step-by-step (from here)."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Chiarelli's post-practice presser:

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=83665&catid=-6

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: "Cap Circumvention".

From a legal standpoint, there is absolutely no scientific way to determine if a player is ready to return from PCS or not.  As both Savard and Ian Perriere have proven, the evaluation system still ultimately depends on the player's ability to assess his own symptoms and his willingness to admit that he's still hurting.  Neither of those things is a given. In Savard's case - a player who clearly came back too soon for one or the other reason - I think you'd be hard pressed to make a case that the Bruins wouldn't have reason to hold Savard out a bit longer even if he says he's ready and even if the MRIs and stress tests show him to be symptom free.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Savard also cleared air w/any potential awkwardness w/Gregory Campbell: "I've talked to Soupy. He's a great ISavard: "I played for Colie and that was 1 of ways to stay in lineup...draw penalties. I think he encouraged that at time if you asked him"

Marc Savard: "I have nothing against Colie. [Email] was private stuff. Stuff he said got interpereted in bad way. Had nothing to do w/Cooke" kid. We have no hard feelings"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In know this is a little off-topic, but I like Savy's new look.  Maybe getting ready to play a little Goa'uld hockey? >)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Great news on Savvy from NEHJ...

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/2010/11/20_savard_takes_to_the_ice_for.php

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE if he practice for 2 weeks while being in the gym he'll be fine, 4-6 weeks is MAJOR overkill and might draw some accusations of cap circumvention

That is quality, "thinking like a lawyer."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]Re: "Cap Circumvention". From a legal standpoint, there is absolutely no scientific way to determine if a player is ready to return from PCS or not.  As both Savard and Ian Perriere have proven, the evaluation system still ultimately depends on the player's ability to assess his own symptoms and his willingness to admit that he's still hurting.  Neither of those things is a given. In Savard's case - a player who clearly came back too soon for one or the other reason - I think you'd be hard pressed to make a case that the Bruins wouldn't have reason to hold Savard out a bit longer even if he says he's ready and even if the MRIs and stress tests show him to be symptom free.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

...and the B's obvious defense to the immediately above. That was a high-quality interaction.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SAVY : Well you dont sit on your butt for 6 months and then magically return to peak physical form after one on ice session. Id say he should be another 1-1.5mo away from return at the earliest. Especially if consider when Bergy came back as compared to when he really returned "to form".
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I would be surprized to see Marc playing in December as well.  

As for circumvention, let me say PCS prognosis is not an exact science.  I am sure the nuerologists in particular would debate on the exact timetable.  The NHL would not push the circumvention issue given the nature of the Savard incident and the PR nightmare if it was too early for Savard to return.  

Sections
Shortcuts