Sayonara Bylsma and Shero!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sayonara Bylsma and Shero!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dan-bylsma-and-the-last-days-of-disco-in-pittsburgh-151653371.html?date30330707/

Overrated, Over-hyped and out in the 2nd round!

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Sayonara Bylsma and Shero!

San do you think Oates would be a good fit in Pitt?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Not Shero's fault at all, but the Olympics taught us that Bylsma can't adjust his way out of a paper bag. Definitely overrated. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:[QUOTE]

San do you think Oates would be a good fit in Pitt? [/QUOTE]

I do but for some reason a lot of the idiot pundits think Oates is just a PP assistant coach. It's tough for me to be objective because or impartial, he was my favorite Bruin when he played in Boston.

Hope so!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dan-bylsma-and-the-last-days-of-disco-in-pittsburgh-151653371.html?date30330707/" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dan-bylsma-and-the-last-days-of-disco-in-pittsburgh-151653371.html?date30330707/

[/QUOTE]

I think Shero survives....Bylsma , fired tomorrow morning....this team probably ready for a bit of a chemistry change... They have players that could bring back a good return... Still can't believe they lost to the Rags, who really are not that good... Bruins should have an easy path to the final with the Rags....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Why would Pittsburgh move any players? Who do they have, other than elite stars, who caused them to lose? Pitt has a solid team....they just need someone who can push some buttons and manage the little things that can close out a playoff series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not Shero's fault at all, but the Olympics taught us that Bylsma can't adjust his way out of a paper bag. Definitely overrated. 

[/QUOTE]

100% agree.  Shero's done a good job with player personal.  Bylsma's gone for sure, though. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Did Shero address his goaltending problem properly ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dan-bylsma-and-the-last-days-of-disco-in-pittsburgh-151653371.html?date30330707/" rel="nofollow">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/dan-bylsma-and-the-last-days-of-disco-in-pittsburgh-151653371.html?date30330707/

[/QUOTE]

Overreaction.  Stuff happens.  Bruins got bounced by the Capitals - a series they should have won.  They find a goalie and some other tweaks and they'll be in the conference finals next year.

Although it would be fun to see Bylsma and or Shero fired.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good point, though I don't think you can fault MAF for the goals the Rangers scored tonight. Still, Fleury might be bought out this summer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone and I go home. (George Carlin)

It's "Stehno", not "Z-Dayno"!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They didnt lose because of goaltending.  Bylsma cant coach. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why would Pittsburgh move any players? Who do they have, other than elite stars, who caused them to lose? Pitt has a solid team....they just need someone who can push some buttons and manage the little things that can close out a playoff series.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree... I think they are extremely weak on the back end.  I don't like their D at all...all of them are lacking on defensive side of the game...most of all this team lacks toughness... The Rags basically beat and abused Crosby all series and no one did anything about it... Think the Bruins would let teams manhandle Krejci or Bergeron ?  Not a chance....I do agree that they need a new coach and that should happen tomorrow when they fire Bylsma....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

They didnt lose because of goaltending.  Bylsma cant coach. [/QUOTE]

MAF got lit up by the the Flyers in 2012, then the Bruins in 2013 and this year he may not have gotten lit up as much but he was not a goalie that could help lead the Penguins past the Bruins or Canadiens if Pittsburgh had gotten past the Rangers.

Ask any Penguin fan how they feel about how Shero and how he addressed his goalie situation the past few years and they will disagree. Shero is also responsible for the defense he gives his coach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:[QUOTE]

Overrated, Over-hyped and out in the 2nd round! [/QUOTE]

Overreaction.  Stuff happens.  Bruins got bounced by the Capitals - a series they should have won.  They find a goalie and some other tweaks and they'll be in the conference finals next year. [/QUOTE]

Yah i'm sure Mario looked at his business partner after tonight's loss and shrugged "stuff happens". The absolute goal of a team that has Sid and Geno is to make it to the conference finals ? The point is Shero has had time to find a goalie.

Holy anemic passiveness! You should go back to talk to that waiter and ask him why he has some b****.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bim09's comment:

[QUOTE]Did Shero address his goaltending problem properly ? [/QUOTE]

MAF got lit up by the the Flyers in 2012, then the Bruins in 2013 and this year he may not have gotten lit up as much but he was not a goalie that could help lead the Penguins past the Bruins or Canadiens if Pittsburgh had gotten past the Rangers.

Ask any Penguin fan how they feel about how Shero and how he addressed his goalie situation the past few years and they will disagree. Shero is also responsible for the defense he gives his coach.

[/QUOTE]

I'll give you that.

On Shero going to bat for his coach, whats he supposed to do?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Time to move Malkin.  He needs his own team and they would get some good depth in exchange.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If they could do it, Crosby is who they should move.   Malkins more consistent and alot tougher. 

“We don’t think it’s prudent for a student to wear a Boston Bruins jersey” -Mike Cohen, English Montreal School Board

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You know...I wonder how easy it would be to get anything like full value for Sid or Geno (because now that they're golf buddies, I call them by their first names).  Both are superstar calibre talents, but Crosby's concussion history has to scare you a little if you're a team giving up a lot of assets for him, and his Seguin-like playoff production ever since he thought it would be a good idea to chirp Chara might give you second thoughts, too.  Malkin has been a better playoff performer than Crosby, but I'm surprised they don't call him Nick because he never seems to be 100% - always nicked up.  Missed 22 games this year, 17 last year, 7 the year before that (not bad) and 39 the year before that.  Again, that has to involve some risk if you think any of these things are potentially cumulative, if he's going to wear down sooner.  And both guys are on the books at very healthy cap hits ($8.7 and $9.5 with Malkin being the bigger number) until 2022 or later.

They would need a trading partner with cash to burn, young depth and lots of prospects.  I assume they would be looking at a Seguin trade scenario where they get three or four players who make them better as a team in exchange for the higher end offensive talent.  Probably built around a defenseman coming the other way.  That's a tough match to make if you ask me, and you probably also need a Burke-like personality on the other side who will think that there's no bad deal that lands you a franchise player.  Tough to do....

Are you not entertained?!?!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shero i cant see going anywhere.  Year in year out he puts out a lineup with a chance to win.  They are a contender every year.  

Where they rebuild.

goalie- maf wasnt the reason they lost this year.  But no one has confidence in him.  I think hes a very good goalie but needs a new address.  I can see Hillier going to Pitt.  Goalie contracts stink.  

def- brooks and nisk are gonzo.  Sounds like a country group.  They have good young def.  Matta is a stud.  Letang will have a bounce back year.  Very little on ufa market.  Might be depth character guys. Cant have enough good def.  Just like pitching in baseball.

fwd- need grit and need a hired goon for sid.  Im against clowns as everyone knows.   But a chris neil on his flank sure would stop whats been going on.  As a fan of sid but a guy that hates pitt im not sure how mario who was abused and likely lost yrs on his career can watch the abuse he takes.  Does sid whine?   Yeah he does.  But he has no one to protect him. Staal's cross check to the back of sids head/neck was gross and not one person did a thing.  And Staal with all his concusion history should know better.   Lucic would be so perfect but you cant have him.  

In a nut shell pitt is very similar to van.  Very soft.  It wont take pitt much to turn it around.   

Dan is gone.  And lots of new faces will be there.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Crosby to Montreal will be like Lecavalier a few years ago.  It is not going to happen.  Malkin is a possibility, yet why? He goes to the net and plays like he wants to win.  Build the team around those two once again.  Fluery is a decent goalie who needs to have a defensive system in front of him.  Pittsburgh's play was disjointed and erratic. The ultimate answer is fire the coach.  Trade some players to support the defense.  2009 is a distance away.  Time to retool.  

"Don't judge me monkey" 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Shero i cant see going anywhere.  Year in year out he puts out a lineup with a chance to win.  They are a contender every year.  

Where they rebuild.

goalie- maf wasnt the reason they lost this year.  But no one has confidence in him.  I think hes a very good goalie but needs a new address.  I can see Hillier going to Pitt.  Goalie contracts stink.  

def- brooks and nisk are gonzo.  Sounds like a country group.  They have good young def.  Matta is a stud.  Letang will have a bounce back year.  Very little on ufa market.  Might be depth character guys. Cant have enough good def.  Just like pitching in baseball.

fwd- need grit and need a hired goon for sid.  Im against clowns as everyone knows.   But a chris neil on his flank sure would stop whats been going on.  As a fan of sid but a guy that hates pitt im not sure how mario who was abused and likely lost yrs on his career can watch the abuse he takes.  Does sid whine?   Yeah he does.  But he has no one to protect him. Staal's cross check to the back of sids head/neck was gross and not one person did a thing.  And Staal with all his concusion history should know better.   Lucic would be so perfect but you cant have him.  

In a nut shell pitt is very similar to van.  Very soft.  It wont take pitt much to turn it around.   

Dan is gone.  And lots of new faces will be there.   

[/QUOTE]

Their bottom 6 has always been suspect and weak due to cap issues that arises when you have two superstars soaking up huge salaries. The cap increase next season should help in this regard.

I see MAF being shopped (NYI maybe?) and Niskanen moving on. He had a very good season which is perfect for a contract year. But realistically he is a 3-4 guy on the back end about to be overpaid. EDM maybe.

Crosby and Malkin are going nowhere. The Pens are going to live and die by them.

I also think Shero and Bylsma will get one more season just to see what they can do with an increased cap.  If the team does not go deep then there will be wholesale changes. Just my opinion

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

If I ever saw a team that was "toast"..it was the Rangers a week ago.  Game 5 was merely a formality in my mind.

Another example of the unpredictability of pro sports in the playoffs.

And now...the old, "who's to blame" game starts.  Always drives me nuts.

I know it's a broken record, but it needs to be said again.  Most people expect way, waayyyy to much from coaches, and regularly confuse their duties.

Since all we get a glimpse of, are TV interviews, it's impossible for us to make any kind of reasonable assessment.  Instead, it's "hero or zero". 

Never followed that logic.

Does anyone really think the Penguins were that good this year?  I sure don't.  I've never trusted their goalie, and had several arguments here on that topic.  I don't think their defense is that good, and over-all, I think they've assembled a poor supporting cast for Crosby and Malkin.  Not even sure you can spend 35% of your budget on 2 players, and assemble a Cup contender, but that's another essay.

The hockey business panders to the hysterical idiocy of the marketplace, and firing coaches keeps the team front and center, while usually providing the GM(who really makes all the important calls anyway) with at least a 1 year lifeline.

I really have a hard time figuring out how Bylsma went from "so smart", to "so stupid", in less than a week.  It's pretty easy to figure out how the players did it, but I guess that isn't entertaining enough.

Anyway, he'll probably get whacked.  If there are clear cut shortcomings to his leadership, then sure, pull the trigger.  If it's merely knee jerk because they lost, it can actually cause a bigger problem.

If the Bruins win tonight, maybe Therrien will be available.  Again.

And one final thought on the "tune-out" factor people like to talk about.  Other than the "executional stuff", coaches are regularly "tuned out'.  All of them.  Rants behind the bench,... pre game sermons,...in one ear, out the other.  The players show the proper respect,(cuz it's a ticket out of town if they don't) but what knowledgeble hockey person attributes this kind of stuff to victory.

Were the Bruins really coached that much better in 72 than they were in 71?  What did CJ do that much better in 11, over that epic collapse of 2010.

Like pulling the goalie with 3 minutes left, little in the league is bigger than monkey see, monkey do.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Todd McLellan is still keeping his job. I don't see why Dan B won't keep his. I think he should be fired, but Todd Mc should lose his as well. It wasn't MAF's fault this year. As much as I don't trust him the guy got back to back shutouts & I can't fault him for this series loss. So, having said that who do they get that they can trust? Hiller lost his job to basically 2 rookies this year. Not exactly someone I'd put my trust in. Same goes for a coach...Who do they get?

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bim09's comment:[QUOTE]

Did Shero address his goaltending problem properly ? [/QUOTE]

Ask any Penguin fan how they feel about how Shero and how he addressed his goalie situation the past few years and they will disagree. Shero is also responsible for the defense he gives his coach. [/QUOTE]

I'll give you that.

On Shero going to bat for his coach, whats he supposed to do? [/QUOTE]

That's great and very admirable that Shero stood by his coach. I wonder if Mario feels the same.

Where has it gotten Shero since 2010 ?

10 roster spots to fill, one goalie to get rid of and $15M to work with. Another year of going to the 2nd round coming up. That's only if New Jersey, Buffalo, NY islanders and Detroit don't improve

Sections
Shortcuts