SCF Boston vs. Chicago Game 2: "Finally, another game day"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

SCF Boston vs. Chicago Game 2: "Finally, another game day"

CJ on Soderberg/Caron: "have seen enough to know that if need be, we can put them in the lineup - capable of stepping in and helping out"

"Defensive pairings looked the same in practice: Chara-Seidenberg, Ference-Boychuk, Krug-McQuaid"

Coach said it was encouraging to see Nathan out there and "if he feels good tomorrow, he'll be in the lineup" ^CS

"We'll have to make a decision on him tomorrow," Bruins Head Coach Claude Julien told media following the team's practice. "It was encouraging to see him out there today. If he feels good tomorrow, he's in the lineup, simple as that."

Horton's teammates were relieved to see the right wing out on the ice as well. The winger took turns with Tyler Seguin slotting in on the right, with Milan Lucic on his left wing and David Krejci at center.Horton's longtime linemate was also pleased to see him to join the team for practice.

"Obviously it's a positive sign that he was able to practice today, and he's feeling pretty good, and hopefully he'll be in the lineup for us [Saturday]," said Milan Lucic. "It's obviously a positive thing that he was able to come out and skate here today and he's going to do everything in his power to play. Obviously, he wants to play."

"Absolutely. If he's in tomorrow, it's about him playing," said Julien. "If he can't play and I just use him once in a while, might as well put somebody in that can play the minutes. If he's in, he's in where he belongs. I'll be very straightforward with you guys on that. If he's in, he's going to be in his position where he plays."

If Horton isn't able to be inserted into the lineup, besides Seguin possibly slotting in on the top line, Coach Julien has options to add to tinker with his "bottom six" forwards.

The line of Brad Marchand, Jaromir Jagr and Patrice Bergeron stayed intact through Friday's entire practice and would mostly likely be the one line to stay the same come Saturday night, if Horton is out. Two options to come in are Carl Soderberg and Jordan Caron. Friday in practice, Soderberg, Caron, Rich Peverley and Daniel Paille all took turns rotating in on the third line.

Soderberg, obviously, has only been with the Bruins since April, coming over from the Swedish Elite League. He suited up in six regular season games with the B's. Caron, on the other hand, has played 88 NHL games with the Bruins through the past three seasons, along with two playoffs games in 2012 against Washington.

Both would bring a different skill set to the lineup.

"[I've seen] enough to know that if need be, we can put them in the lineup," said Julien. "Two different players. Jordan is a power forward, excels along the walls, front of the net. He's gotten better at taking pucks to the net."

"Soderberg is more of a playmaker, more of a natural centerman than a winger, but can play both. He's got good size. He's got good skills."

Coach Julien's players are confident in their depth as well. Kaspars Daugavins showed how ready the healthy scratches are if they need to step into the lineup, when Gregory Campbell suffered a broken leg that wiped him out of the postseason. As we've pointed out time and time again, the three young defensemen of Torey Krug, Dougie Hamilton and Matt Bartkowski all played a significant role in the Rangers series, when the veteran back end was depleted.

"Management's done a good job providing depth here. I think we've had the great fortune that people have stepped in and done remarkable jobs filling in, whether it was on the back end in those games or up front the last couple games," said Thornton. "I think Daugy had a really strong game last game. He had a bunch of chances. It seems like whoever is stepping in, is ready to fill in."

Hockey's Toughness

If Horton's "injury" is an indication of anything, it's that hockey players play through a number of injuries in the postseason, whether minor or even major.

"I played a season with like a torn labrum or whatever," said Thornton (rather nonchalantly), on one of the toughest injuries he's had to play through. "I guess being in a fight would be the toughest thing to get through - but not in the playoffs." "You expect it, I guess. I do anyways," added Thornton, on guys playing through injuries. "If there is any way you can go, you go this time of year. I think everyone in this room is built the same way. I'm sure it's no different than any other hockey team. Stanley Cup Finals."

Milan Lucic, not surprisingly, had the same opinion.

"It's a part of the playoffs. Every team goes through it and they have guys playing through pain," he said. "I remember two years ago guys playing through pain as well [broken toe], so like I said it's a part of the playoffs and it goes to show guys will do anything to win."

So, how are players willing to sacrifice so much physically this time of year?

"You just have to look at the teams that have been eliminated," suggested Coach Julien. "As soon as they're eliminated, you hear all about the injuries. It's a very common thing in our sport, especially at this time of year. Nobody wants to be left out or pushed out of a lineup." "When you look at the Stanley Cup, what it means to you, there's no doubt, you don't want to be denied that opportunity. Players, like I said, are tough in this sport. They'll play through a lot. There's some on both teams right now. You'll find out more when the series is over."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: SCF Boston vs. Chicago Game 2:

Good subtitle, San.  Seems like ages since Game 1.  As a fan I've been anxious for the Bruins to get back at it and return to Boston with the series tied.  I'd imagine my emotions aren't even in the same universe as what the Bruins must feel regarding having another go at the Hawks. 

Just passing along an article ahead of tonight's game by George Costanza look-a-like Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun who implies something might be wrong with Chara for him not to be out for most of the third OT. 
    http://www.torontosun.com/2013/06/14/bruins-blackhawks-both-great-teams-but-only-one-has-zdeno-chara

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Maybe best to save Horton , make sure he gets a little better because Chicago will be hitting him knowing what everyone saw, shoulder injury.

As long as we don't see Pandolfo in I'm okay with Soderberg or Caron, for 1 game !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'll take Pandolfo over Kelly right now, and pretty much anyone over Peverly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Come on .... at least Kelly and Peverley can skate, they have some speed. Pandolfo is done !  He's too slow to make a hit, block a shot, get to a puck , take a shot HE'S DONE !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

danny, we saw how Pandolfo performed during the regular season.  An effective player in his day but unfortunately his day is done.  Presently I see Peverley's speed as his contribution as he hasn't had luck around the net.  Perhaps his hustle forces the Hawks' D guys to get rid of the puck quicker than they'd like.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

[QUOTE]

danny, we saw how Pandolfo performed during the regular season.  An effective player in his day but unfortunately his day is done.  Presently I see Peverley's speed as his contribution as he hasn't had luck around the net.  Perhaps his hustle forces the Hawks' D guys to get rid of the puck quicker than they'd like.

[/QUOTE]

RHO, the PK has been outstanding too. They are contributing in ways that don't show on the score sheet. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RHO, the PK has been outstanding too. They are contributing in ways that don't show on the score sheet. 

[/QUOTE]

and that also !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Just ask the Pens, eh dez?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

Just ask the Pens, eh dez?

[/QUOTE]

Exactly buddy. Keeping pucks out can be every bit as important as putting them in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Had a dream that the Bs went up early 2-1 early and piled on a couple more in the second. Hopefully dreams do come through.

Not a must win game but close to it. A split in Chicago was all I was looking for going into it.

Would love to see great games by all the scapegoats tonight.

Haters starting to come out of the woodwork.

Bruins in 6. 

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Thank frigginn' GOD.  This place is so dead that commie has 30 replies.

GO BRUINS!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Had a dream that the Bs went up early 2-1 early and piled on a couple more in the second. Hopefully dreams do come through.

Not a must win game but close to it. A split in Chicago was all I was looking for going into it.

Would love to see great games by all the scapegoats tonight.

Haters starting to come out of the woodwork.

Bruins in 6. 

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

I agree, the B's can still hold serve at home but they have to win one in Chicago at some point and it might as well be tonight. As far as the haters, they're like ambulance chasers and only come around when bad things happen. When the B's win tonight all should remain quiet for awhile anyways.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'm looking for a better overall effort this game by the B's. Getting pucks out of the d-zone better is & will be a priority. The Hawks don't get two lucky goals to help them tonight.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Way too long, 3days to simmer in my own juices, I hate bad karma.  Wed was my 50th and I was enjoying myself way too much, my wife took pics of me out on the deck having pints with Boston gear on and I then got her to post them on facebook as most of my buddies are fans of teams long departed.

Normally I never rub it in to fans of other teams unless defending my team.  This showboating is part of the bad karma, my superstition(I am Scottish) makes me feel the fault of the loss.

I know it is foolish shiite happens, but I need a better outcome tonight so my pints will be had in a more humble or even classier fashion.

My wife would be laughing her @$$ off , hearing me say class, pints and I in the same breath, but I will try.

P.S. Berg was robbed of the Selke.

Big game for Segs tonight.

Go BRUINS!!!

GOAT!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Projected Blackhawks lineup:

Brandon Saad-Jonathan Toews-Marian Hossa
    Bryan Bickell-Michal Handzus-Patrick Kane
    Patrick Sharp-Dave Bolland-Andrew Shaw
    Brandon Bollig-Marcus Kruger-Michael Frolik

Duncan Keith-Brent Seabrook
    Johnny Oduya-Niklas Hjalmarsson
    Nick Leddy-Michal Rozsival

Corey Crawford
    Ray Emery

Healthy scratches: Daniel Carcillo, Jamal Mayers, Viktor Stalberg, Ben Smith, Ryan Stanton

Projected Bruins lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Jaromir Jagr
    Kaspars Daugavins-Rich Peverley-Tyler Seguin
    Daniel Paille-Chris Kelly-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Dennis Seidenberg
    Andrew Ference-Johnny Boychuk
    Torey Krug-Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Healthy scratches: Matt Bartkowski, Dougie Hamilton, Wade Redden, Aaron Johnson, Carl Soderberg, Jay Pandolfo, Jordan Caron

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Feels like it's been a week since they played gm 1. B's win tonight 4-1 go Bruins!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Thank frigginn' GOD.  This place is so dead that commie has 30 replies.

GO BRUINS!

I guess the loonies must be more tolerant of the slow response time than the rest of us.

32 replies now.  God help us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

CHICAGO -- Forward Nathan Horton took part in the morning skate Saturday, as expected, as the Boston Bruins finished preparations for Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final

"By Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff

Nathan Horton will play tonight in Game 2. Both Horton and Claude Julien said the right wing will be in the lineup.

“He feels really good,” Julien said. “He looked really good out there the last two days. There’s absolutely no reason at all why he shouldn’t play tonight.”

Take some Advil and let'r rip!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://instagram.com/p/alq58-xKq2/#

@NHLBruins

Nathan Horton: "I'm ready to play - just excited to get going"

@drosennhl

Horton: "I'm not in any pain. I feel good. I'm ready to play. That's it."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I love that Julien, Lucic and others are not using excuses or commiserating about losing in triple ot or unlucky bounces.  They realize all teams deal with the same thing and that it is part of the game.  I am proud of the way these guys handle themselves win or lose. No Canuck or Penguin whining.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Did the groceries, got the car washed, took a walk by the ocean.... and still 3 hours to go.

OK ALREADY!! DROP THE F'N PUCK!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Bought a new car today but spend half the time talking to the salesman about tonight's game. Can't even remember what I bought. In the great sceme of things, does it really matter??

Go Bs!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Bought a new car today but spend half the time talking to the salesman about tonight's game. Can't even remember what I bought. In the great sceme of things, does it really matter??

Go Bs!

That's awesome.

25. This post has been removed.