SCF Defenseman preview: Boston vs. Chicago

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

SCF Defenseman preview: Boston vs. Chicago

Chara and Seidenberg Vs Seabrook and Keith is a wash, no edge to either side. Offensively Keith and his partner are better but not shutdown wise. Get Keith mad he will hack away for retaliation.

Andrew Ference and Johnny Boychuk Vs Niklas Hjalmarsson and Johnny Oduya. Me thinks Odoya can be pushed around but he has been great this year in the playoffs and I don't know if that will change. I am giving the Bs a very slight edge.

Torey Krug and Adam McQuaid Vs Nick Leddy and Michal Rozsival. Chicago is going to go hard after Krug but so did the Rangers and Penguins. This matchup is the one the Bruins can exploit and Julien will, in my view, in Boston. Bruins big edge here!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: SCF Defenseman preview: Boston vs. Chicago

I agree with most of your assement , funny even on D I see it being pretty even, as a whole I see no advantage.
    For the Bruins forwards to have the advantage they need to do what they did against the Penguins although the pairing of Seabrook and Keith is far better than anything the Pens had. I wonder if Quenneville has to split them up , if he does that mean the Bruins are belting them and winning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I agree with part A.  Disagree with part B.  Hjalmarsson is a big time player for them.  Id give the hawks an edge or wash on that one.   I think part C is also a wash.  

I think the defense is even.  Im not giving an edge to either side.   

Man this should be a great series.   

Can i give another shout of respect for AF for his work against Sid.  Im not a big supporter but man he played great against him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I agree with part A.  Disagree with part B.  Hjalmarsson is a big time player for them.  Id give the hawks an edge or wash on that one.   I think part C is also a wash.  

Can i give another shout of respect for AF for his work against Sid.  Im not a big supporter but man he played great against him. 

This is why I think Julien can split up Seidenberg and Chara.  Ference with Seidenberg against Hossa .  Chara and Boychuk against Toews.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The biggest factor for me is that the bruins havent played against a team with this much depth on the backend.  Chicagos def is very very good.  i think we are going to win but we will have to beat a team that truly can match our defense.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The biggest factor for me is that the bruins havent played against a team with this much depth on the backend.  Chicagos def is very very good.  i think we are going to win but we will have to beat a team that truly can match our defense. 

You think Nick Leddy and Michal Rozsival are better than Bostons 5-6 pairing ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Did Krug even play in the Maple Leafs series?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

The thing thats impressive about Chicago's D is how quickly they move the puck transitioning from def to off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Can i give another shout of respect for AF for his work against Sid.  Im not a big supporter but man he played great against him. 

shupe you've said this a few times.  What is it about his game that you don't like?  Personally I think the guy is a warrior and was huge in the 2011 Cup run.  He made some gaffes this regular season but in the playoffs he's been great like you say.  I would rate his career at a B+, certainly no lower than a B if you want some wiggle room.  Why don't you like AF?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

[QUOTE]

Can i give another shout of respect for AF for his work against Sid.  Im not a big supporter but man he played great against him. 

shupe you've said this a few times.  What is it about his game that you don't like?  Personally I think the guy is a warrior and was huge in the 2011 Cup run.  He made some gaffes this regular season but in the playoffs he's been great like you say.  I would rate his career at a B+, certainly no lower than a B if you want some wiggle room.  Why don't you like AF?

[/QUOTE]

I think its when they gave him a big contract when he had been injured a lot.  I dont dislike him.  I am not sure why im not more of a supporter.  Same with dk.  I cant answer it.  I cheer my head off for them.  Just not big fans of them.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]The biggest factor for me is that the bruins havent played against a team with this much depth on the backend.  Chicagos def is very very good.  i think we are going to win but we will have to beat a team that truly can match our defense. 

You think Nick Leddy and Michal Rozsival are better than Bostons 5-6 pairing ?

[/QUOTE]

I think leddy and rozsival are a very good 5-6.  I dont think they are better.  I dont think they are worse.  I think its about even.  I think they are very similar.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

The thing thats impressive about Chicago's D is how quickly they move the puck transitioning from def to off.

agree, but aside from Seabrooke and maybe Hjarlmarsson, the Hawks defense doesn't play a physical game and this should prove to be an edge for the big B'S forwards....

i expect their D to be kissing the plexiglass alot this series....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

agree, but aside from Seabrooke and maybe Hjarlmarsson, the Hawks defense doesn't play a physical game and this should prove to be an edge for the big B'S forwards....

I'll agree with this. Need to be really hard on Seabrook & Keith.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'll agree with this. Need to be really hard on Seabrook & Keith.

[/QUOTE]

and be on the lookout for cheapshots coming from Keith....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The first defensive pairings if played on ice would go to the Bs, offense does not win series.  That said, Keith and Seabrook would be a challenge for slow footed Boychuk and aging Ference. The will have to be on thier best game to match their offensive skill.  The second line of defensive pairings is on par with the Bs imo.  More mobile nchicgo defensive pairings  but dependent on skilled forwards.  That does not easily translate into success.  Lastly, Krug will have more chance to show offensive skill with Chicago rather than the more high end offensive of Pittsburgh.  He will be more of a factor in this series.  The lone wolf will take care of the bs from the third and fourth lines of Chicago.  He can fight, he can intimidate, and he can hit.  His skating skill may be suspect, but with Krug as his mate it is negated.  

Don't judge me monkey!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

They are indeed quick at the breakout.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Seabrook and Keith are almost untouchable .  Puck doesn't stay in their own end too long.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

It sure is a great matchup. Both have 6 very solid DMen.

Aside from Keith and Seabrook, their back 4 have been very very good, but Rosival and Leddy can be exploited defensively. Hjalmarrson has been a real rock for them. I think this kid is excellent.

Right now Bruins 50.1% to Hawks 49.9% in my eyes.

If any injuries happen, I think the B's replacements are head and shoulders above the Hawks. I'll take any of the 3 healthy scratched B's over Sheldon Brookbank. That guy is awful.

Sections
Shortcuts