SCF Game 1 preview: Bruins at Blackhawks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

Re: SCF Game 1 preview: Bruins at Blackhawks

2 garbage goals to tie and win.  Sucks but that's how it happens sometimes.  B's have a lot to feel good about but they've got to put it away!  Great game in any event.  If only Chicago had some Sedin sisters or finger biters to invigorate the B's!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

they'll get em sat nite!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Great game.

The Bruins played pretty well but they need secondary scoring from some other forwards to win this series.  It can't always be the HULK line and Bergeron and Marchand that they count on.

i am not a fan of Daug anyway - Jagr without the skill or pedigree or strength.  He holds on to the puck way too long and that was a horrific play he made or didn't make passing up a shot with an open net. I guess he stays in especially if Horton is hurt.  If Horton can play I think you take Daug out and bring in Soderberg. Hopefully he is more of a team guy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Good game, disappointing result.

Thought the B's should have won this game, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

Seidenberg had a great game, along with the first line (of course) and I thought Seguin looked good as well (apart from his backcheck on the second goal).

The fact that Horton never returned doesn't bode well. I hope he can manage to come back at some point in the series, but it looks like he may have sustained a broken wrist (just me assuming).

Krug seems to be forcing too many passes. He needs to learn to make the safer decision when making some tight passes, especially in Claude's system.

Honestly, I thought that this game wasn't going to end after the 3rd OT started to drag on. The game just seemed to consist of the B's whiffing on chance after chance and Chicago seemingly not getting any real chances. It's too bad that the B's just couldn't take advantage of one of their numerous chances and ended up letting Chicago score on a weak shot from the blueline, but it happens.

On to game 2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

Great game.

The Bruins played pretty well but they need secondary scoring from some other forwards to win this series.  It can't always be the HULK line and Bergeron and Marchand that they count on.

i am not a fan of Daug anyway - Jagr without the skill or pedigree or strength.  He holds on to the puck way too long and that was a horrific play he made or didn't make passing up a shot with an open net. I guess he stays in especially if Horton is hurt.  If Horton can play I think you take Daug out and bring in Soderberg. Hopefully he is more of a team guy.

Unfortunately in this game, the third and fourth lines ended up being liabilities rather than a secondary scoring unit. Kelly was a -3 tonight. Peverley, Paille, Thornton, and Seguin were all minus players. Just brutal. That is something that cannot happen if the B's are going to win. The third and fourth lines need to play at least even hockey.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

So so disappointed but very proud of the Bs tonight. Roll on game 2.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Great game last night! I'm also disappointed with the result but the B's hung tough despite being without Horton. If last night's game is an indicator of things to come then this will be the best Cup Finals in years.

The puck had eyes, hands and feet on Chicago's final goal. On to Saturday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I read an earlier post last night that said the Bruins were "complacent."  I thought they were anything but that.  Those Hawks knew the Bruins were a hard team to handle.  Game 1 just confirmed it.  They had opportunities that they were unable to cash in on this time.  I'd be more concerned if they weren't creating any chances. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Tough to enjoy a loss, but this was a great game and a fun one to watch.  Agree with RHO -- didn't think the B's were complacent at all.  One thing I noticed is that the Blackhawks are better than Pittsburgh, NYR, and Tortono.  They're fast, skilled, and their D-corps looks pretty solid to me.  These are the two best teams in the league.  As it should be.

I had a great time last night.  I went to a bar on the west side of Denver that probably had about 30 fans from each team stationed around the bar.  Lots of celebrating the goals and virtually zero trash talking.  By the overtime periods, fans from both teams were picking up rounds and  buying shots for eachother.  A guy in a Toews jersey sent down a Guinness for me as the 2nd OT started.  The final goal was followed by a lot of handshakes and "see ya Saturdays".  A mutual respect there that I can't recall in recent playoff series.  Good stuff.  Can't wait for Saturday. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I hope those nitwit announcers do their homework before game 2.  How many times did they mistakingly call a Bruin player someone else last night?  At least 20 times?  Apparently, everyone with a nuimber that starts with a "1" is "Horton", and Peverly is able to morph into a hologram of either Krejci or Seguin on the fly. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Tough to enjoy a loss, but this was a great game and a fun one to watch.  Agree with RHO -- didn't think the B's were complacent at all.  One thing I noticed is that the Blackhawks are better than Pittsburgh, NYR, and Tortono.  They're fast, skilled, and their D-corps looks pretty solid to me.  These are the two best teams in the league.  As it should be.

I had a great time last night.  I went to a bar on the west side of Denver that probably had about 30 fans from each team stationed around the bar.  Lots of celebrating the goals and virtually zero trash talking.  By the overtime periods, fans from both teams were picking up rounds and  buying shots for eachother.  A guy in a Toews jersey sent down a Guinness for me as the 2nd OT started.  The final goal was followed by a lot of handshakes and "see ya Saturdays".  A mutual respect there that I can't recall in recent playoff series.  Good stuff.  Can't wait for Saturday. 

That's more like it, Fletch.  The way it should be.  A far cry from the idiocy experienced by red earlier this month.