SCF GAME 4 GDT!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

SCF GAME 4 GDT!

Good morning from TD Garden, where the Bruins will look to grab a 3-1 series lead tonight over the Blackhawks.

No lineup changes are expected for the Bruins. Chicago’s main question is whether Marian Hossa will dress tonight. Hossa was a late scratch for Game 3 because of an upper-body injury. Joel Quenneville said Tuesday that Hossa was likely to play tonight.

Puck drop: 8 p.m.

TV/radio info: NBC (Mike Emrick, Ed Olczyk, Pierre McGuire), 98.5 The Sports Hub (Dave Goucher, Bob Beers)

Records: Blackhawks 1-2, Bruins 2-1

Projected Blackhawks lineup:

Brandon Saad-Jonathan Toews-Marian Hossa
    Patrick Sharp-Michal Handzus-Patrick Kane
    Bryan Bickell-Dave Bolland-Andrew Shaw
    Viktor Stalberg-Marcus Kruger-Michael Frolik

Duncan Keith-Brent Seabrook
    Johnny Oduya-Niklas Hjalmarsson
    Nick Leddy-Michal Rozsival

Corey Crawford
    Ray Emery

Healthy scratches: Daniel Carcillo, Jamal Mayers, Brandon Bollig, Ben Smith, Ryan Stanton

Projected Bruins lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Jaromir Jagr
    Daniel Paille-Chris Kelly-Tyler Seguin
    Kaspars Daugavins-Rich Peverley-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Dennis Seidenberg
    Andrew Ference-Johnny Boychuk
    Torey Krug-Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Healthy scratches: Matt Bartkowski, Dougie Hamilton, Wade Redden, Aaron Johnson, Carl Soderberg, Jay Pandolfo, Jordan Caron

Storylines: The Bruins owned the faceoff circle in Game 3. Patrice Bergeron led all players by winning 24 of 28 drops. Michal Handzus was 0 for 8 against Bergeron. Because the Bruins won 71 percent of their draws, Chicago didn’t start with the puck on most shifts. The Blackhawks couldn’t get their puck-possession game out of mothballs … The Bruins are perfect on the penalty kill through three games. Chicago is 0 for 11 on the power play … Daniel Paille brings a two-game goal-scoring streak into tonight. Paille will be on the third line with Chris Kelly and Tyler Seguin … Jaromir Jagr will appear in his 200th career NHL playoff game, putting him 19th on the all-time list … Dan O’Halloran and Wes McCauley will be the referees. Jay Sharrers and Pierre Racicot will be the linesmen.

Stahlberg stays in the lineup, any news on Hossa?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Re: SCF GAME 4 GDT!

I will go with my prediction from the last game and say the Bruins will win 3-2 tonight.  The Hawks find a way to score a couple of goals but in order to do so they have to open open up and the Bruins counter attack offense goes to work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Looking at the lineup, it's nice to see our depth chart does not include relying on Trent Whitfield. Hope for a Bruin win and no injuries...Go Bruins... PS : a really good buddy of mine got in his car in Ottawa and drove down to Boston, is camping and bought a ticket for tonight's game. A very good Bruin fan...Ya Dano !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

My life is on hold until this series is over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

hope the B'S punish Hossa every chance they get....  injured or not, he's the most dangerous forward on the Hawks....

GO B'S!!!!

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

If he plays of course. I'm looking for Jagr to hit the back of the net tonight. He's had his share of setups, let's hope he gets one.

I say 3-1 Bruins. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

My life is on hold until this series is over.

Me too Bad Hab. 

I work in downtown Toronto and man I hope the the Bruins can win the next two so that I can proudly wear my Lucic jersey in to work next  Monday.  If it goes to game 7, I may need a day off win or lose. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

hope the B'S punish Hossa every chance they get....  injured or not, he's the most dangerous forward on the Hawks....

GO B'S!!!!

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

Absolutely hammer him!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!  GO BRUINS!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Wonder if the ice will be any better than last game? It was hard enough to watch the puck bouncing on the players all night, must have been even harder to play on it. We win tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

mxt, probably not as difficult as it is to play at hockeytown!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins

"Lineup looks the same as Game 3. Lucic-Krejci-Horton, Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr, Paille-Kelly-Seguin, Daugavins-Peverley-Thornton ^CS"

I want Daugavins out of the lineup tonight, sick if his tired act!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

@NHLBruins

"Lineup looks the same as Game 3. Lucic-Krejci-Horton, Marchand-Bergeron-Jagr, Paille-Kelly-Seguin, Daugavins-Peverley-Thornton ^CS"

Thanks for reading my mind San. Daugavins has done nothing memorable aside from blowing prime chances and taking a brutal penalty. He's lucky that Shanny didn't sit him for a game. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

I will go with my prediction from the last game and say the Bruins will win 3-2 tonight.  The Hawks find a way to score a couple of goals but in order to do so they have to open open up and the Bruins counter attack offense goes to work.

I was thinking the same thing.  4-2 B's.  Krejci line gets going again tonight. 

I threatened Seguin via this forum that unless he's a pt./game man in the finals, he doesn't get a ring if the B's win it all.  Apparently he reads the forum.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

BRUINS!!!!

Looking for a new "warm and fuzzy" Cup Win.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

@NHLBruins

Who would you dress on the 4th then? Soderberg? Pandolpho?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Neither.  Leave it as it is.  Daugavins is playing fine for a fourth liner.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Who would you dress on the 4th then? Soderberg? Pandolpho? [/QUOTE]

Or Caron

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I was pushing for Caron to fill in for Soup, but Dogs hasn't been awful and certainly has more left in him to improve.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Or Caron

Good call on Caron !

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Is he hitting people? Is he strong on the puck? That's what I look for from a 4th liner. Daugavins is doing less than Thornton out there regardless of what measuring stick we use. I saw more useful shifts from Soderberg in his short stint than I've seen in all of the Daug's appearances combined. I'm not giving you a hard time when I ask what you see in his game that translates to anything positive? 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If chicago wasnt so fast i think Caron could help the forth line.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I'm up in the air on Daugavin's, on one hand i don't see him as a full time Bruin going forward on the 4th line.In the situation he has been put in i have seen him go to the corners, retrieve the puck and actually have a few good shots on net.He's hit a post with a good move in the Pitt series and had a chance to end game one but blew it on a overhandle. I don't find him as a liability defensively, his stupid penalty last game notwithstanding.In summation, as a replacement 4th liner, playing minimal minutes, he is doing just fine, no need to rethink the wheel at this late stage and drop in the Sodman.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"no need to rethink the wheel at this late stage"

I wouldn't equate that to removing Daugavins from the 4th line. He Stinks!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

I'm up in the air on Daugavin's, on one hand i don't see him as a full time Bruin going forward on the 4th line.In the situation he has been put in i have seen him go to the corners, retrieve the puck and actually have a few good shots on net.He's hit a post with a good move in the Pitt series and had a chance to end game one but blew it on a overhandle. I don't find him as a liability defensively, his stupid penalty last game notwithstanding.In summation, as a replacement 4th liner, playing minimal minutes, he is doing just fine, no need to rethink the wheel at this late stage and drop in the Sodman.

50, I would've been able to handle his bad penalty had he not put himself offside on a partial breakaway/3 on 1 as soon as he came out of the box. Oh well. I give CJ credit for knowing more than I do about who to play and when. I bet he knows more about some other things too. Go Bruins!  2 more wins!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

50, I would've been able to handle his bad penalty had he not put himself offside on a partial breakaway/3 on 1 as soon as he came out of the box. Oh well. I give CJ credit for knowing more than I do about who to play and when. I bet he knows more about some other things too. Go Bruins!  2 more wins!

You had to remind me about that, took a page out of Wheeler's book.Anyway, its the 4th line ,minimal minutes,as long as Daugavin's doesn't make any brutal giveaways i can live with him for now.Next season he gets a pass or unless as you say Dez, CJ sees something in him we don't.

• Sections
    Shortcuts