SCF GDT Game 3 Hawks at Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

SCF GDT Game 3 Hawks at Bruins

Good morning from TD Garden, where the Bruins will look to take a 2-1 series lead tonight over the Blackhawks.

The Bruins are not expected to make any lineup changes. Their third line will most likely be Daniel Paille, Chris Kelly, and Tyler Seguin. The third line combined on both goals in Game 2.

Chicago could make changes. Viktor Stalberg, a healthy scratch in Games 1 and 2, could be back in tonight. The Blackhawks could also shuffle their defensive pairings. For now, we’ll assume it’s the same lineup as Game 2, and update after Chicago’s morning skate.

Puck drop: 8 p.m.

TV/radio info: NBC Sports Network (Mike Emrick, Ed Olczyk, Pierre McGuire), 98.5 The Sports Hub (Dave Goucher, Bob Beers)

Records: Blackhawks 1-1, Bruins 1-1

Projected Blackhawks lineup:

Brandon Saad-Jonathan Toews-Marian Hossa
    Patrick Sharp-Michal Handzus-Patrick Kane
    Bryan Bickell-Dave Bolland-Andrew Shaw
    Brandon Bollig-Marcus Kruger-Michael Frolik

Duncan Keith-Brent Seabrook
    Johnny Oduya-Niklas Hjalmarsson
    Nick Leddy-Michal Rozsival

Corey Crawford
    Ray Emery

Healthy scratches: Daniel Carcillo, Jamal Mayers, Viktor Stalberg, Ben Smith, Ryan Stanton

Projected Bruins lineup:

Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Jaromir Jagr
    Daniel Paille-Chris Kelly-Tyler Seguin
    Kaspars Daugavins-Rich Peverley-Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara-Dennis Seidenberg
    Andrew Ference-Johnny Boychuk
    Torey Krug-Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
    Anton Khudobin

Healthy scratches: Matt Bartkowski, Dougie Hamilton, Wade Redden, Aaron Johnson, Carl Soderberg, Jay Pandolfo, Jordan Caron

Storylines: The Bruins’ defensemen were actively pinching in Game 2. Andrew Ference pinched down the right-side wall on Patrick Sharp, which led to the turnover behind the net. Chris Kelly scored moments later. Adam McQuaid held the right point prior to Daniel Paille’s winning goal. Expect that to continue in Game 3… Neither team practiced Sunday. Both clubs used it as a travel day to fly to Boston… The top prospects eligible for the 2013 draft later this month will tour the dressing rooms at the Garden this morning. It’s unclear whether Seth Jones or Nathan MacKinnon will be the first pick when the draft takes place in Newark on June 30… Chris Rooney and Brad Watson will be the referees. Shane Heyer and Brian Murphy will be the linesmen.

Stahlberg in for Bollig.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: SCF GDT Game 3 Hawks at Bruins

o boy!  It doesn't get any more fun than this!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

LETS DROP THE PUCK ALREADY!!!!!!

GO BRUINS GO. 

Looking for a new "warm and fuzzy" Cup Win.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Reading some of the TSN comments and some just drive me batty, like

"Give up on the Bruins/Hawks comparisons vs the Canucks. The Bruins & Hawks have their share of high draft picks that have bolstered their lineups into becoming SC contenders. Canucks have gotten there by their own efforts, never drafting high, but relying on developing their youth. Big difference. Maybe the Canucks should tank a few seasons and become SC contenders themselves. "

Makes me shake my head for a few reasons - first the Sedin's were 2nd and third overall. Secondly the Bruins don't have a single player in their entire lineup that was their own first6 round pick. Zero. They have 7 first rounders on their team - they traded for the Seguin and Hamilton picks, and they traded for Paille, Redden, Jagr, Rask and Horton. The Bruins are the perfect example of how to build a team WITHOUT tanking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Here we go Bru-ins here we go!  Hockey in June, it doesn't get any better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Lets go Bruins! B's win tonight 4-1.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Lets go Bruins! B's win tonight 4-1.

It would be nice to get a win with some breathing room however before the series started I said that it could be 6 or 7 one goal games.  Tonight will continue the trend.  Bruins win 3-2 but in regulation this time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Reading some of the TSN comments and some just drive me batty, like

"Give up on the Bruins/Hawks comparisons vs the Canucks. The Bruins & Hawks have their share of high draft picks that have bolstered their lineups into becoming SC contenders. Canucks have gotten there by their own efforts, never drafting high, but relying on developing their youth. Big difference. Maybe the Canucks should tank a few seasons and become SC contenders themselves. "

Makes me shake my head for a few reasons - first the Sedin's were 2nd and third overall. Secondly the Bruins don't have a single player in their entire lineup that was their own first6 round pick. Zero. They have 7 first rounders on their team - they traded for the Seguin and Hamilton picks, and they traded for Paille, Redden, Jagr, Rask and Horton. The Bruins are the perfect example of how to build a team WITHOUT tanking.

Delusional Canucks fan?  I'm not surprised....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm looking for a little bad blood tonight.  Turn it up a notch boys!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I think the Bruins will come out of the gate like frothing, mad dogs just like they did vs Vancouver when the series shifted to Boston in 2011.  I don't expect the Chicago to wilt like the Canucks because they seem to actually have a backbone.  I suspect the Bruins will test Crawford early and often.  The TD Garden crowd will be insane and give the home side plenty of juice.  The Bruins will take the series lead tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Back in NJ, ready for another Bruins win!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

depending on how many minutes he plays Stahlberg is a better choice than Bollig.

I was hoping the speed of Peverley and Kelly would have worked out for Seguin but this new line is even better. Paille right now is a better choice offensively than Peverley.  I expect this new 3rd line will score again tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@GlobeFluto: "Per skate, no changes to Bruins lineup. Viktor Stalberg in. Brandon Bollig out. Can hear cheers from Burlington, VT."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I think the Bruins will come out of the gate like frothing, mad dogs just like they did vs Vancouver when the series shifted to Boston in 2011.  I don't expect the Chicago to wilt like the Canucks because they seem to actually have a backbone.  I suspect the Bruins will test Crawford early and often.  The TD Garden crowd will be insane and give the home side plenty of juice.  The Bruins will take the series lead tonight.

I agree. The B's come out the total opposite compared to game 2. B's win 4-2 (en). They go up 3-1 & don't allow the Hawks to tie it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

depending on how many minutes he plays Stahlberg is a better choice than Bollig.

I was hoping the speed of Peverley and Kelly would have worked out for Seguin but this new line is even better. Paille right now is a better choice offensively then Peverley.  I expect this new 3rd line will score again tonight.

Like the new 3rd-line as well.  Plus with Peverley on the 4th-line, CJ can spot him out there for draws in all situations as needed.  Peverley isn't scoring, but he's 65% on draws in the playoffs. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@NHLBruins 

Krejci: "We are playing at home in front of our fans. they are going to be great again so we just have to get out and have a good start"^CS

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Shaw is a pussy.  Take him out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Let's do this!!! GO BRUINS!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I think we will see Soderberg tonight

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Go Bruins!! Lets take it to the  Blackhawks right away! A quick start would be nice.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Really think Seguin is going to break out tonight,and not talking zits either.Go Bruins!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Chara ok?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Chara fell in warmup and took out Lucic. Chara went right to the dressing room and Lucic seemed fine. Hoping he is fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

That is priceless San!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Really think Seguin is going to break out tonight,and not talking zits either.Go Bruins!!

I'm with ya on that one. Jagr nets one too.

Sections
Shortcuts