Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

schabs lose

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

schabs lose

I can sleep well tonight.

Goodnight everyone. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Re: schabs lose

I don't revel in the misfortune of others. But for the Habs I almost always make an exception. Great show by Craig Anderson and that Gryba hit on Eller seemed clean to me. Too bad he'll probably get 3 games given the NHL's policy on suspending players who play tough and accidentally cause injuries.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I fell a sleepppppp ! , after second period then found out the Habs lost and couldn't go back to sleep. If Anderson could just stay in that I am stopping mostly everything's zone , the Habs are in trouble. I know it's only one game but better to be up 1-0 then down.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'd love to see Anderson stay in that zone for two rounds, unless the Isles beat the Pingu.  I could live with round 2 being Pingu vs. a superhot goalie, and Bruins vs. Was/NYR winner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

"Schabs" is so weak.  It's supposed to be derogatory, I suppose, but it's not even a word.

"Loafs" and "Laffs" makes sense, suggesting that the Toronto team is lazy or pitiful.  Schabs?  That's dumb.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Scab, a hard coating on the skin formed during the wound healing reconstruction phase.

But my speeling has 'habs' in it. Scab doesn't have the same negative connotation.

So I need your help, what derogatory term should we use here on the Board when speaking of the hockey team from Montreal? Let's make up a specific term for our use alone. 

THH- the hated habs, TMFM - the midgets from montreal, NAS...Undecided

I love the city of Montreal. Lived there and used to visit regularly after we moved back to Ontario.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Scab, a hard coating on the skin formed during the wound healing reconstruction phase.

But my speeling has 'habs' in it. Scab doesn't have the same negative connotation.

So I need your help, what derogatory term should we use here on the Board when speaking of the hockey team from Montreal? Let's make up a specific term for our use alone. 

THH- the hated habs, TMFM - the midgets from montreal, NAS...Undecided

I love the city of Montreal. Lived there and used to visit regularly after we moved back to Ontario.

Why use any derogatory term at all?  It's a 7th grade routine.  I think it's stupid when other fans use "b-RUINS" as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Yes, I should grow up and not make sports the center of my life, but that isn't going to happen. I guess we are all a little disconnected in that way. 13382

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Why use any derogatory term at all?  It's a 7th grade routine.  I think it's stupid when other fans use "b-RUINS" as well.

Is it alright to post funny images then?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I always thought that Shabs was fine? Because they are the Habs. Which if I'm not mistaken is short for Habitants. Le Clube d'Hockey Canadienne (see what I did there?).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Loafs,Rags ,Crapitals,Scabs,Shabs,Laffs,Nucks, Flamers, Ruins, whats it really matter. Its all in fun and thats why i love this board, everyone is so mature! 

Sections
Shortcuts