Schooling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Schooling

Is what the b's got the last two games.  The wings system can make average Joe's look like stars.  It's more than just coaching, it's a mentality and tradition.  

The B's tradition aint gonna cut it unless they get some luck along the way.  I hope they can incorporate some red wings type structure because we do have the playes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Schooling

They looked much better today than on Friday.

I know, that's weak.

But it's true!

(looking for a bright side here)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Schooling:
    [QUOTE]Is what the b's got the last two games.  The wings system can make average Joe's look like stars.  It's more than just coaching, it's a mentality and tradition.   The B's tradition aint gonna cut it unless they get some luck along the way.  I hope they can incorporate some red wings type structure because we do have the playes.
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]
    That's the tough part about playing the Wings.You can't sit back and wait for a mistake because they rarely make them.Add to that,the fact that they seem to be able to score on any miscues and it seems you have to play perfect hockey to beat them.....back to the drawing board I guess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This is exactly what Chiarelli needed mattbs he now must do something with Wheeler, Stuart and two of the four picks he has in the first two rounds. Trading two of the four picks is why PC accumulated them.

Chiarelli said on his weekly radio interview "you can bet on it" when asked if he would be making a trade. PC wants to be thought of as a "Dale Holland" GM.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Probably like everyone else in the east who don't have center ice or the time to watch it, but good golly miss molly the Wings looked like a tidal wave to me.

people are quibbling about the goal with the blown coverage ference/seids/seguin  - but what I saw - yes, you can quibble about a missed coverage, but it's not like they left their guy at the opposite blue line.  All those guys were there, they were in the neighborhood, it was a mistake at a critical point in the game.

And that's what really good teams do, you make a mistake like that and they put it in the net.

You people that think that one good pick up will get us past the west?

I don't think so.

I think the Bruins are quite capable of beating anyone in the east with the current roster.

The west is a different kettle of fish.

We'd need a really good pickup - that I don't think we can get, plus we need some major injuries for the other guys (Canucks or Wings).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

My point is its not about who we pick up... It's about coaching/system.  Apart from 3 or four players most of Detroit players looked pretty average, EXCEPT, they always seem to be at the right place at the right time, they defend admirably, they break out of their zone and cross the opponents blue line like its invisible.  The B's have a hard time crossing the blue line even when they have an extra man.  I think its all about play calling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Badhab,

couldn't agree with you more, good thing though is who ever comes out of the West will be battle tested but could just as well be battle weary.

Sections
Shortcuts