Scoring goals for Tuukka....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka....

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka....:
    In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : 1. On his knees like every other goalie in the NHL. 2. No, winning one game does not eliminate the theory at all. The B's have played better in front of Thomas for 2 years running.  Its not because Rask isnt a nice guy, and its not intentional.  I dont know why it is, although I imagine at one point it could have been because Thomas was playing so well they were more relaxed, or after awhile they tried too hard in front of Rask.  But the fact is what everyone else has seen has been true. Hopefully Rask gets a few more ordinary games and he gets more and more comfort, along with his teammates. Unfortunately, I still see them moving him at the deadline or he just leaves at the end of the season.  Not seeing how that is avoided.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

Sox do you think it has something to do with the styles between the two? TT's aggresive, sno-flake style against Rask's calm, positional style? Could it be that the B's as a team don't feel the urgency of helping out because Rask always tries to play with that calm & cool demeaner. So, the team ends up playing more passive. TT attacks the puck, where as Rask lets the puck come to him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

funny...i don't remember people being so critical of his butterfly when he had a 1.97 gaa, and a .938 save % two years ago. on ANY other team tuukka is viewed differently, he's a starting goalie on half of the teams in the league. why can't we all just agree that he is the best back-up goalie in the league? and be thankful for that.  ok maybe schneider, but i'm still going with tuukka. he's won a playoff series vs. miller, and posted great numbers in his starring role. i love the fact that the bruins have TWO great goalies. there are many envious teams out there, many can't find even one top-flight goalie.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

funny...i don't remember people being so critical of his butterfly when he had a 1.97 gaa, and a .938 save % two years ago. on ANY other team tuukka is viewed differently, he's a starting goalie on half of the teams in the league. why can't we all just agree that he is the best back-up goalie in the league? and be thankful for that.  ok maybe schneider, but i'm still going with tuukka. he's won a playoff series vs. miller, and posted great numbers in his starring role. i love the fact that the bruins have TWO great goalies. there are many envious teams out there, many can't find even one top-flight goalie.
    Posted by adkbeesfan

^^^ Thank you.

There is no way that I am so far into the conspiracy theories that I think the Bruins intentional let up when Rask is in net.  That said, the topic keeps coming up because it has been an observable fact that he has gotten very poor offensive support for a little over a year now.  Who knows why?  But it is sometimes interesting to discuss.  Hope it is all over and this is a moot point.  I just think it is unfair and unlucky for a kid that has done everything well, as a starter and a backup, and deserves better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... :  Is his style ( going down ) any different then other butterfly goalies ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Style, no.  Execution, yes. 

But let's get back to your point.  If he's on his knees when the puck arrives, and the puck goes top shelf, that's a problem.

What exactly were you trying to say there?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : Style, no.  Execution, yes.  But let's get back to your point.  If he's on his knees when the puck arrives, and the puck goes top shelf, that's a problem. What exactly were you trying to say there?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

My point was that he was not on his knees when the puck was shot. That's all.

If you think those 2 goals were scored because he went to his knees in the butterfly that's your opinion . I disagree . Forget the defection , no one's going to stop that . And the other was a bullet. Standing up or not there aren't many goalies who would have stopped either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Actually if you watch Tuukka on both goals he doesn't go to the butterfly on his knees till the puck has reached or passed him on both goals. http://bruins.nhl.com/club/gamevideo.htm?id=2011020200
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Watching it again in slow motion here with my DVR:

Goal 1:  Rask is on his knees when the puck around the hash marks after the tip.

Goal 2:  The puck was closer to him, but he was still in the process of dropping before it arrived.

So, basically what I'm saying here is that your retort to my comment is 100% false so you can stick that up your can and set fire to it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Three seasons ago everyone questioned TT's style, now you don't hear about it as much. Tuuka plays the same style 95% of the other goalies play, it's  common knowledge that todays goalies go down alot. tuuka stops many more shots up high than he lets in, his save percentage is a reflection of that. If there is any flaw in Tuukas game right now it is he just needs to play more. Thats it. He's a teriffic goaltender who would be starting on a good number of teams, they won the game he played well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : My point was that he was not on his knees when the puck was shot. That's all.   If you think those 2 goals were scored because he went to his knees in the butterfly that's your opinion . I disagree . Forget the defection , no one's going to stop that . And the other was a bullet. Standing up or not there aren't many goalies who would have stopped either.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Did anyone say he was on his knees when the puck was shot?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : Watching it again in slow motion here with my DVR: Goal 1:  Rask is on his knees when the puck around the hash marks after the tip. Goal 2:  The puck was closer to him, but he was still in the process of dropping before it arrived. So, basically what I'm saying here is that your retort to my comment is 100% false so you can stick that up your can and set fire to it.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Your DVR needs to be fixed. That's not what mine shows. Yours doesn't show Campbell and Paille scoring either. Mine does . hee hee !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : Your DVR needs to be fixed. That's not what mine shows. Yours doesn't show Campbell and Paille scoring either. Mine does . hee hee !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Would you for me to make a video of it, so everyone can see what a complete and total blowhard fraud you are, or would you prefer to just admit that you were wrong and your attempt to make me look bad has failed yet again?

Your choice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Uhhh...what Kelvana said.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : My point was that he was not on his knees when the puck was shot. That's all.   If you think those 2 goals were scored because he went to his knees in the butterfly that's your opinion . I disagree . Forget the defection , no one's going to stop that . And the other was a bullet. Standing up or not there aren't many goalies who would have stopped either.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Who said he was on his knees when the puck was shot?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : Who said he was on his knees when the puck was shot?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I don't know . Did someone say that ? I didn't see that .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hey shupe is this part of the entertainment you were referring to ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rask was not all the way down on his knees as the puck was going over his shoulder whether you watch it on DVR, Bruins TV, Blue Ray nor Camera Phone while recording slew foots on your TV. The Moulson goal was a redirection so that is why Tuukka was heading down before the great tip, he thought the puck was going to stay down near the ice. This is not being out of position from always committing to the butterfly too early.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The 2nd goal Tuukka knew Grabner had a wide open look of the whole goal after a terrible clear by Boychuk. Rask wanted to take away the bottom part of the goal and make his opponent have have take a wicked twisted wrister, Grabner took advantage of this open look with a laser beam.

Boychuk owes Rask an apology and Grabner put away a beautiful pass by Taveres in my view. Apparently with all the work Rask has gotten in games he should have run out to the bottom of the faceoff circle waiving his stick to mess up Grabner's attention.

Neither goal were Tuukkas fault not by a long shot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBBFAN55. Show BBBFAN55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : NAS if you go back last season it was the same deal in Rask's case. At the beginning of season last season (& this 1) the team wasn't playing well for either goalie. The B's didn't score as much for Tuukka as they did for TT. You're more than happy to check it out. Not everything is black & white. Rask has work to do on his game, but he does need to play to do that. He hasn't gotten the same goal support that Timmy has.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE
    Last year Oct/Nov 10 games 7w-3l 31gf 22ga 3so. All 7 wins to Thomas; all 3 losses to Rask. 3 shutouts. Doesn't sound like they weren't playing well. Rask lost the 3rd one in relief of Thomas as the team tied the score and then Rask gave up 2 more goals. In his next 5 losses his teammates scored 4 total goals. They do not perform as well in front of TK and their record proves it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : I don't know . Did someone say that ? I didn't see that .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Your back peddling is pathetic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The 2nd goal Tuukka knew Grabner had a wide open look of the whole goal after a terrible clear by Boychuk. Rask wanted to take away the bottom part of the goal and make his opponent have have take a wicked twisted wrister, Grabner took advantage of this open look with a laser beam. Boychuk owes Rask an apology and Grabner put away a beautiful pass by Taveres in my view. Apparently with all the work Rask has gotten in games he should have run out to the bottom of the faceoff circle waiving his stick to mess up Grabner's attention. Neither goal were Tuukkas fault not by a long shot.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

That's the way I saw it too. Both of your posts were bang on IMO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : Your back peddling is pathetic.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Considering everything else you say about me , I guess this is the closest thing to a compliment I'll get from you. Thanks ! I try my best.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : Considering everything else you say about me , I guess this is the closest thing to a compliment I'll get from you. Thanks ! I try my best.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Why don't you tell us why you wrote that? Oh, I get it.  Because you were wrong and it made no sense.

It's a good thing you can copy and paste URLs for articles.  Your other hobby (trying to make me look bad) never goes well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Hey remember that one time they scored some goals for Tuukka?

Yeah, that was awesome

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Tuuuukkkkkaaaaaaa

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

...scoring goals for Tukka

allllllllriiiiiight

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

One or two would be enough right now, but the B's were all like "hey, how bout we score a nutload of goals for Tuukka" 

And Tuukka was all like, ".....alright"

Sections
Shortcuts