Scoring goals for Tuukka....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Scoring goals for Tuukka....

bout mutha grabbin time

........this probably wasn't worth it's own thread.......it's too late

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka....

In Response to Scoring goals for Tuukka....:
    bout mutha grabbin time ........this probably wasn't worth it's own thread.......it's too late
    Posted by Swerengen

NO! It's a very valid thread! It such is bout mutha grabbin time!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah happy for Tuukka for sure, this will do nothing but give him more confidence.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka....:
    beating worse team in the past decade was goot fore me.thanks utter coach for playing worse goaler den me.
    Posted by tukka-fall

This is a great post, other than the fact that his english is actually excellent, as is his goaltending......you know I guess it wasn't a great post

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

so you dum enough to call isladers good teem? there run in playoffs last 15 seasons have ben amazin.
    Posted by tukka-fall

Why your mother never swallowed you is mind boggling!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

It's nice to see Rask get a win.I thought he played reasonably well but he still has a way to go yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

It's nice to see Rask get a win.I thought he played reasonably well but he still has a way to go yet.
    Posted by DallasSmith

One goal was a top corner deflection and the other was a turnover resulting in an uncontested rip from the slot.

What more do you want?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : One goal was a top corner deflection and the other was a turnover resulting in an uncontested rip from the slot. What more do you want?
    Posted by Chappy28

That's a good question Chappy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Totally agreed and the topic deserves a thread, as much as Tuukka deserved a couple goals.  He went from starter to backup with uncommon class and respect for TT, then has absorbed a tough season last year and some very bad luck recently (while being an enthusiastic team player throughout).

Good for Tuukka and nice to see him shut up one poorly spoken, and attention starved troll on this board.  Taste it, loser.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : One goal was a top corner deflection and the other was a turnover resulting in an uncontested rip from the slot. What more do you want?
    Posted by Chappy28

A very good question indeed Chappy! 2 Tim Thomas's wouldn't have stopped either of those. People who thinks that either one of those shots were stoppable doesn't understand the position at all.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : A very good question indeed Chappy! 2 Tim Thomas's wouldn't have stopped either of those. People who thinks that either one of those shots were stoppable doesn't understand the position at all.
    Posted by nitemare-38

Those were goal-scorers goals. Perfect top corner tip and a perfect shot under the cross-bar.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : Those were goal-scorers goals. Perfect top corner tip and a perfect shot under the cross-bar.
    Posted by dezaruchi

It's not too difficult to score up high when you know the goalie will be on his knees.

But, back to the topic!

Will this game put an end to all of the "The Bruins don't play well in front of him" comments?  Does a 6-2 ripping of a mock NHL team eliminate the theory of the players doing more to get wins for Thomas than Rask? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : It's not too difficult to score up high when you know the goalie will be on his knees. But, back to the topic! Will this game put an end to all of the "The Bruins don't play well in front of him" comments?  Does a 6-2 ripping of a mock NHL team eliminate the theory of the players doing more to get wins for Thomas than Rask? 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Maybe it would've had you not brought it up. For a guy that's normally quick to cite stats, you don't pay much attention to the fact that Boston only scored 3 goals in his previous 3 starts. That's not a theory. I don't think there's some magical difference in the team from 1 goalie to the next. That still doesn't make it any easier for Rask to win without goal support. It's reasonably safe to say that even TT wouldn't have beat Colorado the day they beat Rask and the B's 1-0.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : Maybe it would've had you not brought it up. For a guy that's normally quick to cite stats, you don't pay much attention to the fact that Boston only scored 3 goals in his previous 3 starts. That's not a theory. I don't think there's some magical difference in the team from 1 goalie to the next. That still doesn't make it any easier for Rask to win without goal support. It's reasonably safe to say that even TT wouldn't have beat Colorado the day they beat Rask and the B's 1-0.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I don't dispute the stats.  In Rask's three losses, they got shutout (it happens), scored only one goal (as they did when Thomas faced Montreal and Philly), and scored twice (as they did when Thomas faced Carolina, San Jose and Montreal).

In the games when they scored one or two goals for Thomas, were they also "not playing for him"?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think Tuukka is playing at his 2009-2010 level right now but if a GM came a calling they would have to offer allot to pry Rask away.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : I don't dispute the stats.  In Rask's three losses, they got shutout (it happens), scored only one goal (as they did when Thomas faced Montreal and Philly), and scored twice (as they did when Thomas faced Carolina, San Jose and Montreal). In the games when they scored one or two goals for Thomas, were they also "not playing for him"?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yes sir. You are correct. I think we're together on this. It doesn't matter who's in net if the Bruins mail it in.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If a GM coiuld guarantee a Cup for Rask then I am sure the GM would act.  On the other hand, Thomas is 38....................... blah blah blah.  Ignla would be a choice if one is playing fantasia hockey.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : I don't dispute the stats.  In Rask's three losses, they got shutout (it happens), scored only one goal (as they did when Thomas faced Montreal and Philly), and scored twice (as they did when Thomas faced Carolina, San Jose and Montreal). In the games when they scored one or two goals for Thomas, were they also "not playing for him"?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS if you go back last season it was the same deal in Rask's case. At the beginning of season last season (& this 1) the team wasn't playing well for either goalie. The B's didn't score as much for Tuukka as they did for TT. You're more than happy to check it out. Not everything is black & white. Rask has work to do on his game, but he does need to play to do that. He hasn't gotten the same goal support that Timmy has.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : NAS if you go back last season it was the same deal in Rask's case. At the beginning of season last season (& this 1) the team wasn't playing well for either goalie. The B's didn't score as much for Tuukka as they did for TT. You're more than happy to check it out. Not everything is black & white. Rask has work to do on his game, but he does need to play to do that. He hasn't gotten the same goal support that Timmy has.
    Posted by nitemare-38

I don't dispute that he hasnt' gotten the same goal support.

I do dispute the fact that it is because he is in net and not Thomas.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : It's not too difficult to score up high when you know the goalie will be on his knees. But, back to the topic! Will this game put an end to all of the "The Bruins don't play well in front of him" comments?  Does a 6-2 ripping of a mock NHL team eliminate the theory of the players doing more to get wins for Thomas than Rask? 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

1. On his knees like every other goalie in the NHL.

2. No, winning one game does not eliminate the theory at all.

The B's have played better in front of Thomas for 2 years running.  Its not because Rask isnt a nice guy, and its not intentional.  I dont know why it is, although I imagine at one point it could have been because Thomas was playing so well they were more relaxed, or after awhile they tried too hard in front of Rask.  But the fact is what everyone else has seen has been true.

Hopefully Rask gets a few more ordinary games and he gets more and more comfort, along with his teammates. Unfortunately, I still see them moving him at the deadline or he just leaves at the end of the season.  Not seeing how that is avoided.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Actually if you watch Tuukka on both goals he doesn't go to the butterfly on his knees till the puck has reached or passed him on both goals.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/gamevideo.htm?id=2011020200

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Actually if you watch Tuukka on both goals he doesn't go to the butterfly on his knees till the puck has reached or passed him on both goals. http://bruins.nhl.com/club/gamevideo.htm?id=2011020200
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

If he's in the butterfly when the puck reaches him...and goes over his shoulder...that's my point.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Scoring goals for Tuukka.... : If he's in the butterfly when the puck reaches him...and goes over his shoulder...that's my point.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Is his style ( going down ) any different then other butterfly goalies ?

Sections
Shortcuts