Scoring the First Goal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Scoring the First Goal

To me this is the single most important factor in getting out of their funk.  Constantly playing from behind is exhausting and forces the game plan to be altered.  They need to score the first goal today in order to gain some confidence and play with a bit of swagger again. 

I hate the Flyers.  I hate their fans.  Please deliver a victory today boys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Scoring the First Goal

The only wish is if the team shows up.  The last game was one of the most embarrassing defensive lapses experienced by a CJ coached team.  The first goal will help, but mustering a solid defensive game would do wonders for the remaining games on the schedule.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Scoring the First Goal:
    [QUOTE]To me this is the single most important factor in getting out of their funk.  Constantly playing from behind is exhausting and forces the game plan to be altered.  They need to score the first goal today in order to gain some confidence and play with a bit of swagger again.  I hate the Flyers.  I hate their fans.  Please deliver a victory today boys.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more, hang.  Hard to believe that this is the same team that displayed the mental toughness to win three game 7's and win a Cup.

They are fragile right now, need some good fortune to go their way.  Playing with the lead for a change would be a good start.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Start with taking advantage of Bergeron's faceoff win. Make a good pass; Do NOT ice the puck and give the Flyers an offensive zone faceoff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shortpops. Show shortpops's posts

The question is who will the team be listening to? Will it be the coach or will it be the voice of indecisevenous which has been the  direction of late.  Time will tell and if it is the latter route then management has a major decision to make. GO BRUINS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]To me this is the single most important factor in getting out of their funk.  Constantly playing from behind is exhausting and forces the game plan to be altered.  They need to score the first goal today in order to gain some confidence and play with a bit of swagger again.  I hate the Flyers.  I hate their fans.  Please deliver a victory today boys.

hang - As you suggested.  Must have been a huge boost to their spirits and minds when they got the lead. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

good call hang. i know it went to shootout with philly but your general idea was right on. i mean last 8 games they played from behind to start and also seeing there numbers after being up going into 2 period and even better 22-0 after being up going into 3rd period made alot of sense, just wished they could have held on to the lead in regulation but whatever i will take 2 points however the bruins can get them.