SCORING

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

SCORING

no one says too much about it becase pc is too much into replacing seides on d but the bruins have to do more into scoring depth than they do on d. We saw it in the the loss to the Ducks and in many of the Bruin losses this season. The Bruins have not recovered from the losses of horton and Seguin and their replacements have not helped other than Smith.  

The Bruins sure could use Seguins 41 pts but Pc blew that one, now he will have use some cap space to find a sniper who can score the goal you need in these close games when we need one. The bruins have to improve their scoring before playoff time or if they find a way out of the east this team who has problems scoring cannot win in the west as we have just seen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Re: SCORING

What a disappointment! I thought this was a thread on sexual accomplishments.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Hasn't this recently been covered?

Bruins are 8th in the league in scoring (g/gp).  They were 13th last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Horton and Seguin's production hasn't been replaced, huh?

Last year, in 43 games, Horton had 13 goals.

This year, in 43 games, Iginla has 13 goals.

-

Last year, in 48 games, Seguin had 16 goals.

This year, in 43 games, Smith has 15 goals.

-

Last year, in 33 games, Peverley had 5 goals.  (<-- what a louse)

This year, in 24 games, Eriksson has 5 goals.

The replacements are missing one goal with 14 games in hand.

Also:

Seguin:  41 points, $6.75M/yr, 19:20TOI

Smith:  32 points, $900K/yr, 14:27TOI

Smith has played 10 full periods less than Seguin, meaning he's given teammates 10 full periods more to be successful.

At this point, not looking forward or backwards, I'd take Smith for Seguin straight up for the Boston Bruins.

And all of you Seguinites, who know next to nothing outside of point totals, can suck it.

(Oh, and Wheat, last night I was out with a couple of the boys down here.  I got hooked up with this waitress who is supposedly very "50 Shades".  I'll keep you up to date.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Despite the Bs great 1st period against the Ducks, Anaheim showed a 4 lines that were a threat on offense. I think when you look at the losses up front for the Bs, Kelly and erickkson to injury it takes away alot of expereince that affects 2 lines therefor leaving the Bs scrambling to find consistency in scoring. The Bs dont have that threat to score when its really needed, altho you can argue the Krecji line has the ability to but they just dont seem to finish as much as we would hope. We cant compare what seguin is doing because hes on a 1st line with 2 others that make him better and plays a system thats more offensive than defensive. The Bs are 126gf and 94 ga and dallas is 123gf and131ga.  You cant win witth a system like dallas has.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The OP here, once again proves that free speech, has it's drawbacks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

The OP here, once again proves that free speech, has it's drawbacks.

Drawbacks ? Yes. Unfortunately free speech also means coming to a hockey forum and finding out which way one's love life is headed.

Can't wait...............better then finding out about Bruins prospects and how they're performing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

In my humble opinion on the Ducks game I think that CJ made a mistake with the lines.  If you are going to dress 7 d then play them consistently.  Put one on the 4th line with Campbell and Florek and put Paille with Krejci and Iginla.  That way the only line that really get's messed up is the Krejci line.  2nd and 3rd lines remain the same and can then perform as they should.  The fourth would just be there to give a breather for the other lines.  Could have put Bartowski there since he skates so well.  Again just an opinion.  Never understood why coaches mess up as many lines as possible when people are out.

Yes I understand that Paille scored while with Florek and Campbell.

Again.  Just an Opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to chris3366's comment:

In my humble opinion on the Ducks game I think that CJ made a mistake with the lines.  If you are going to dress 7 d then play them consistently.  Put one on the 4th line with Campbell and Florek and put Paille with Krejci and Iginla.  That way the only line that really get's messed up is the Krejci line.  2nd and 3rd lines remain the same and can then perform as they should.  The fourth would just be there to give a breather for the other lines.  Could have put Bartowski there since he skates so well.  Again just an opinion.  Never understood why coaches mess up as many lines as possible when people are out.

Yes I understand that Paille scored while with Florek and Campbell.

Again.  Just an Opinion.

It's a good theory, and I usually agree it's better to make the one fix as opposed to mixing everything up is better for chemistry and consistency. However, I can also see CJ looking at a brutal matchup and deciding to think long-term instead of short. What better time to find out exactly who will be moved to the Krejci line should any of the 3 get injured long term? It wouldn't be Paille, and Soderberg is a good choice. Might as well see what you got there when the chances of winning are tight anyway.

Plus, I liked the 7 man D concept for the start of a long road trip in the middle of a long season. What I don't get is how Chara still logged over 24 minutes. We all know how hard it is to keep up that pace, then add in Olympics, and these are the games where he needs to get those minutes cut back a bit. I know it's Anaheim, and he's a pro, but even just 2-3 less minutes every once in a while will pay off in the end and they had 7 guys dressed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

NAS summed it up great.  And if you watched the Ducks game, you would have seen totally domination by the Bruins for long stretches, especially at the start where there was no answer for Bergeron-Smith-Marchand.  A few defensive goofs cost them, not a lack of scoring skill - and that's with Lucic and Eriksson out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Offense not team's problem...too many kids in the defensive corps right now and a line short due to injuries has caused the team to be inconsistent. Not worried at all.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Offense not team's problem...too many kids in the defensive corps right now and a line short due to injuries has caused the team to be inconsistent. Not worried at all.

Clearly, replacing Seides IS the biggest thing right now.

Sections
Shortcuts