Scott vs. Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Scott vs. Thornton

In response to TheBostonBruins's comment:

I don't care what anyone says, I want to see Big Z knock Scott's teeth out all over the ice next time we play these a z z-holes. I want Big 33 to make Scott bleed badly. Beat his face in severely!

Can't disagree but if Chara goes with Scott and gets beat up -- B's would be a wreck. Keep in mind -- Chara went twice in one game with Georges Laraque with great expectations and basically fought to a draw both times. Scott is far from a David Koci and most likely a few notches above Laraque as well. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Chara size and strength wise are even.  Chara balance on skates and past wrestling ability huge edge.  Chara fighting numerous heavyweights mean he isn't Tyler Myers.  Chara came into the league as a project who fought with the NYI.   How is it ok to fight Neil or reghr and not ok to fight Scott?   Bc he might lose?  Again.  I don't think it's a must for him to fight Scott the next game.  In fact I think Lucic will.  I think Lucic can beat him.  I think Lucic is the best fighter on the team and won't be man handled like ST.  

My pt as fletch has aided is that this team had no push back.  We aren't the Detroit redwings.  We are a in your face slap your face " are you gonna do anything, or just sit there and bleed- tombstone " type team.  Buffalo won't be a team that is gonna get bullied anymore by this team.  But does that mean we change our style of play.  Miller and Ruff must be giggling right now.  

I've seen Horton Lucic chara McQ boychuk Marchand go after other teams young players and stars and didn't have to face a worthy opponent.  Well I think that's changed in buffalo.  I will be very interested in the push back by this team.  It's more then fighting Scott.  I was disappointed in the lact of heart and pushback in a very hyped game.  The bruins are the toughest team in the league for a reason and it didn't start with ST in my mind.  It was a team with numerous guys. That's what makes them a special team.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/167/fightcard/reg2002

in one year.  He knows how to fight.  Yes MVP.  But yes very very able.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Careful what you wish for dick head. There have been plenty of Chara size guys who can't fight a lick. Who has he beaten up? Working a club one night, I saw a 140 lb. street fighter drop a 260 lb thug with one kidney shot. In this case, it is the size of the dog in the fight. Seen it too many times. Chara. Stay clear of Scott so as to not embarrass yourself. The guy is a fighting machine.

Thanks for sharing your fond memories of things you've seen. Super good story. Edge of your seat kind of stuff........and starting it off by randomly referring to the reader as "dickhead", well that had me hooked.....magnifique. BTW, are you having a tough time being a pansy or have you come to grips with it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I see Parros fought Scott in todays Panthers/Sabres game, held his own pretty good and actually knocked Scott down.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

There was no need to respond.  Thornton exists to fight the team's battles with hired goons.  If he loses, that doesn't mean the rest of the team should now fight those battles.  And Scott did nothing wrong.  He didn't cheap shot Thornton, he didn't keep hammering him after he went down, he didn't go after Krejci or Hamilton - he did what goons do.  He fought our goon and pounded him.  Carkner nearly ended Colton's career the same way.  Thornton outpointed Carkner earlier this season. So it goes.

I also don't think the team looked scared after that.  They didn't get to 3-1 playing scared, and it wasn't fear that made them repeatedly blow coverages and make terrible pinches.  Right?  They weren't shy any more than they were mailing in the effort.  What this comes down to is Scott did what he was supposed to do for the Sabres - showed that if there's another Lucic-Miller incident, Scott will be the guy to tap on Lucic's shoulder.  So they can all pull up their cullottes and be the weaselly little greasebags Lindy wants them to be.

I disagree.  When pushed you push back.  There was zero push back from the fighting or the hitting element.  It was a team that couldn't get going after that.  If ST only means that to the bruins then he should be replaced.  He's a leader in the locker room. He fights their battles sure.  But he also takes the young guys and shows them how to be a professional.  Im no ST fan but have watched and played enough to know this.  How would you feel being ST and the team provides no push back, embarrassed at home.  

Again, when we were bullying other teams without a physical element like Montreal and Buffalo it was all bliss.  I gave Montreal and gaustad more credit then our team in those instances.  

There was 57 minutes left in that game.  If you don't wanna fight then make a big hit.  Check out our hit stats.  Wait until Kaleta gets back in the lineup.  It's similar to Marchand.  it makes you a foot taller when you physically can dominate another team.  Well I didn't see the Lucic horton Marchand Campbell chara doing much after that fight.  after ruff and his punkish move I would hope the next game in buffalo starts with mcQ chara Horton Lucic and lane.  I don't care about losing any of those players for 5 Minutes.  game 8 and we are concerned about a 5 minute trade off.  They have other guys.  Ott was quiet as a mouse.  Wait until he, Kaleta Scott get rocking in buffalo.  we will see how big and bad we are.  Hopefully they can pull the tail out between their legs bc the zero response is what we laughed at Montreal and buffalo.  Not so much now.  

spot on...it was about imposing your will or let the other team decide how it was gonna go down. I couldn't stand listening to Edwards and Brickley spewing off about defensive scheme being the reason - total cop out propaganda nonsense. I'm betting that the theme before the big build up to this game was, stay out of the box, don't fall into the goon tactics, play with discipline. Reverse psychology at work, and a giant xanax for everybody. This team doesn't work that way, never did. Fighting ? Not necessary - lighting up Sabres all over the ice at every opportunity would have worked just fine. They got what they deserved, and that can be a good thing. The bear got a little more than poked- time to drop the hammer in Buffalo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Im gonna say Chara goes after him.

When asked by CSNNE.com whether he’d considered going after Scott once he’d bested Thornton, Chara didn’t really address the question while leaving the door open for what could be done Feb. 10 in Buffalo.

“Right now we’re getting (ready) for the next game, which is Toronto,” said Chara. “Those questions [about John Scott] you guys should save for when we play [Buffalo].”

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

There was no need to respond.  Thornton exists to fight the team's battles with hired goons.  If he loses, that doesn't mean the rest of the team should now fight those battles.  And Scott did nothing wrong.  He didn't cheap shot Thornton, he didn't keep hammering him after he went down, he didn't go after Krejci or Hamilton - he did what goons do.  He fought our goon and pounded him.  Carkner nearly ended Colton's career the same way.  Thornton outpointed Carkner earlier this season. So it goes.

I also don't think the team looked scared after that.  They didn't get to 3-1 playing scared, and it wasn't fear that made them repeatedly blow coverages and make terrible pinches.  Right?  They weren't shy any more than they were mailing in the effort.  What this comes down to is Scott did what he was supposed to do for the Sabres - showed that if there's another Lucic-Miller incident, Scott will be the guy to tap on Lucic's shoulder.  So they can all pull up their cullottes and be the weaselly little greasebags Lindy wants them to be.

I disagree.  When pushed you push back.  There was zero push back from the fighting or the hitting element.  It was a team that couldn't get going after that.  If ST only means that to the bruins then he should be replaced.  He's a leader in the locker room. He fights their battles sure.  But he also takes the young guys and shows them how to be a professional.  Im no ST fan but have watched and played enough to know this.  How would you feel being ST and the team provides no push back, embarrassed at home.  

Again, when we were bullying other teams without a physical element like Montreal and Buffalo it was all bliss.  I gave Montreal and gaustad more credit then our team in those instances.  

There was 57 minutes left in that game.  If you don't wanna fight then make a big hit.  Check out our hit stats.  Wait until Kaleta gets back in the lineup.  It's similar to Marchand.  it makes you a foot taller when you physically can dominate another team.  Well I didn't see the Lucic horton Marchand Campbell chara doing much after that fight.  after ruff and his punkish move I would hope the next game in buffalo starts with mcQ chara Horton Lucic and lane.  I don't care about losing any of those players for 5 Minutes.  game 8 and we are concerned about a 5 minute trade off.  They have other guys.  Ott was quiet as a mouse.  Wait until he, Kaleta Scott get rocking in buffalo.  we will see how big and bad we are.  Hopefully they can pull the tail out between their legs bc the zero response is what we laughed at Montreal and buffalo.  Not so much now.  

Awesome Post Shupe!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Chara size and strength wise are even.  Chara balance on skates and past wrestling ability huge edge.  Chara fighting numerous heavyweights mean he isn't Tyler Myers.  Chara came into the league as a project who fought with the NYI.   How is it ok to fight Neil or reghr and not ok to fight Scott?   Bc he might lose?  Again.  I don't think it's a must for him to fight Scott the next game.  In fact I think Lucic will.  I think Lucic can beat him.  I think Lucic is the best fighter on the team and won't be man handled like ST.  

My pt as fletch has aided is that this team had no push back.  We aren't the Detroit redwings.  We are a in your face slap your face " are you gonna do anything, or just sit there and bleed- tombstone " type team.  Buffalo won't be a team that is gonna get bullied anymore by this team.  But does that mean we change our style of play.  Miller and Ruff must be giggling right now.  

I've seen Horton Lucic chara McQ boychuk Marchand go after other teams young players and stars and didn't have to face a worthy opponent.  Well I think that's changed in buffalo.  I will be very interested in the push back by this team.  It's more then fighting Scott.  I was disappointed in the lact of heart and pushback in a very hyped game.  The bruins are the toughest team in the league for a reason and it didn't start with ST in my mind.  It was a team with numerous guys. That's what makes them a special team.  

Can't agree on this one -- Lucic major tough guy but don't see him taking Scott. Orr stunned Lucic with a powerful beak shot and the Orr take down of Scott was the result of a shot to the stomach which got quite a laugh out of Scott. Next time they meet Scott probably takes down Orr. Parros on the other hand gave Scott a run for hs money today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

One thing that I think people get confused about is how important it is to win the fight. It's not always about winning the fight. That's a bonus, especially on the road. There's a lot more to a hockey fight "especially unstaged", that can have a huge impact on the team. It depends on when, who & what caused the fight. IF Lucic &/or Chara/McQuaid fight Scott, they don't have to beat Scott. It's shows the Saber's a huge thing. The B's have more than one guy that is more than willing to take on their toughest player, but yet he's only one. Whoever is in the box with Scott we can still have another effective player on the ice that can do something else. Skate, shoot, hit & PLAY the game! So then what? Ott & Kaleta? Really......lol Ference could give Ott a good go. And if Kaleta was such a threat then why did they have to go get Scott? Is he their Lucic??? Pwwtttt.. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

One thing that I think people get confused about is how important it is to win the fight. It's not always about winning the fight. That's a bonus, especially on the road. There's a lot more to a hockey fight "especially unstaged", that can have a huge impact on the team. It depends on when, who & what caused the fight. IF Lucic &/or Chara/McQuaid fight Scott, they don't have to beat Scott. It's shows the Saber's a huge thing. The B's have more than one guy that is more than willing to take on their toughest player, but yet he's only one. Whoever is in the box with Scott we can still have another effective player on the ice that can do something else. Skate, shoot, hit & PLAY the game! So then what? Ott & Kaleta? Really......lol Ference could give Ott a good go. And if Kaleta was such a threat then why did they have to go get Scott? Is he their Lucic??? Pwwtttt.. 

I love the bruins bc they are team tough.  Touch one and you have 18 grabbing you.  I don't really want Lucic fighting Scott.  I do think he's capable.  I was worried when he fought Cartner.  He dropped Cartner who is one of the only guys who took down boogie man.  It made me realize just how fast and hard Lucic can hit.  He may be a few inches taller but Lucic is a freakish size himself.  

lane likely gets the task of taking on Scott.  But baby it's 18 blk n gold jerseys grabbing the next sabre they find.  Kaleta Ott "et al". You better get ready!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Shupe, not arguing with ya, nice post, but I think the bruins lost to Buffalo was more related to fact that it was their third game in four nights, lost a forward for the game two minutes in and McDermid only played just over 3 minutes. I think those reasons played more of a role than the outcome of the fight between two enforcers...Don't think Scott getting the better of Thornton was reason for the sloppy defensive play (defense and forwards)...Chara had over 25 mins that game and looked gassed. Tuesday he had over 28 minutes after logging over 26 mins on Monday...Thats alot...You know how much he means to that team, add that to the depleted, tired forwards, line shuffling etc...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Shupe, not arguing with ya, nice post, but I think the bruins lost to Buffalo was more related to fact that it was their third game in four nights, lost a forward for the game two minutes in and McDermid only played just over 3 minutes. I think those reasons played more of a role than the outcome of the fight between two enforcers...Don't think Scott getting the better of Thornton was reason for the sloppy defensive play (defense and forwards)...Chara had over 25 mins that game and looked gassed. Tuesday he had over 28 minutes after logging over 26 mins on Monday...Thats alot...You know how much he means to that team, add that to the depleted, tired forwards, line shuffling etc...

I agree with you. But the hype of that game would give them adrenaline for two games.  this team plays better when mad.  It's one gm so I'm not gonna say its a pattern.  Like you said 3 gms in 4 nights.  Still guys getting their legs as well.  

You can bet you bottom dollar that ruff pulling that junior c stuff didn't sit well.  You can bet that the players realize they got handled and didn't have much push back. Their team mate and warrior Went down for them.  They better be ready.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I agree with you. But the hype of that game would give them adrenaline for two games.  this team plays better when mad.  It's one gm so I'm not gonna say its a pattern.  Like you said 3 gms in 4 nights.  Still guys getting their legs as well.  

You can bet you bottom dollar that ruff pulling that junior c stuff didn't sit well.  You can bet that the players realize they got handled and didn't have much push back. Their team mate and warrior Went down for them.  They better be ready.  

Ruff pulling that stuff should be adressed next game. I just think the Bruins should play their game, I dont care if Buffalo has two john Scotts out there. They are not more physical than the Bruins...Plus, I think when the Bruins play mad or get too involved with the hype, they stray from their game and take bad penalties. Sabres simply cannot match the physical game of the B's, and I dont think Scott beating up Thornton changes that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ruff pulling that stuff should be adressed next game. I just think the Bruins should play their game, I dont care if Buffalo has two john Scotts out there. They are not more physical than the Bruins...Plus, I think when the Bruins play mad or get too involved with the hype, they stray from their game and take bad penalties. Sabres simply cannot match the physical game of the B's, and I dont think Scott beating up Thornton changes that.

I concur.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I don't think Chara, our number 1, Norris trophy winning, multiple all-star and captain should be wasting time and risking injury to fight a guy that barely gets 5 minutes of ice time. The Bruins took the lead after the fight.

What I would have liked was more physical play. No tails between legs or anything. Take the open ice away from Vanek. Don't pinch and give odd man rushes. Make them earn every inch of ice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Side note, how great a fight would it be to have seen Boogard take on Scott? Or maybe see Gillies fight Scott?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Isn't it ironic?

A hit targetting the head warrants a suspension.

In a fight both players target each other's heads and no one even thinks about getting a suspension.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

I fear we'll look the 70s Flyers after Schultz got beat down by Larry Robinson if they don't respond on the 10th with a statement....

I think they call that voluntary assumption of risk, BadHab, when you agree to throw....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

The linesmen in the Tampa vs Philly game last night got it right.  After Rinaldo got the TKO of Crombeen, they escorted him off the ice and not to the penalty box.  They should have done the same to Thorton.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The big, one-sided altercation was not the problem with no push back. The Bruins, as a team, were outplayed. That's what should motivate the return match. There are a number of tough guys on the Bruins. All of them are there to play good solid hockey which they did not do in the first game with Buffalo. Ruff's" time out" should be motivation, and any Scott encounter will be a side line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

not buying the "sabres are tougher" line. They got one sasquatch who can punch guys in the head(will probably be his highlight fight of the year). Thinking get inside, uppercuts???Byers could give a class.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I would always think there will be ruff stuff between Boston and Buffalo. I don't know one Sabre fan that doesn't loath the Bruins, Miller incident just furthered it along with the players as well. I also think Ruff is sill steaming after having a 103 point season in 2010 then blowing a 2 goal lead in game 2 of that series, up one game already.

Regardless if Scott were or weren't on this team all games will be physical, chippy and testy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Agreed SanDog, these are just two teams who always bring their physical game when they play eachother.  Usually it makes for an excited and interesting game...last time...not so much.