Scratch the Fourth LIne

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Scratch the Fourth LIne

Would it be better (this is a question so please leave the negative personal comments out) to trade:

Campbell, McQuaid, Caron, Bartowski and Kelly....for a RW any combo of that

and then play Florek Spooner Fraser on the fourth line....

Keep the third line Pialle Soderberg Ericson

and replace the top RW....could you pull it off with that kind of blockbuster trade with even a little more back to sweeten the deal.

I really do not know...I am just asking the question please....

Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, Patrice Bergeron traditions die hard in Boston

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Scratch the Fourth LIne

the B'S fourth line has been one of the league's best and should continue to be so no matter who fills in for ST....

as for moving Paille up, i don't see it due to his limited offensive acumen....

Soderberg can't have both him and Kelly as linemates or else that line's offense will suffer....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

the B'S fourth line has been one of the league's best and should continue to be so no matter who fills in for ST....

Soderberg can't have both him and Kelly as linemates or else that line's offense will suffer....

I disagree with this. The bruins fourth line wasn't good last year. Not at all. Paille could play third line and do well. He won't but he could.

mac, sorry, the idea is nuts. You're not going to get a first liner for fourth liners. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The fact is that it is time for the so mentioned spooner florek and fraser are due to get a roster spot, all 3 of these players showed potential in some nhl games. The problem is trading Campbell, McQuaid, Caron, Bartowski and Kelly would be too many for one team to take on, not sure if any require that many , however, the Bs could deal them away seperately for  picks and then head to the trade market for a RW with some picks. Its not a bad idea and the reason i say this is because at this point the Bs are stuck with using  these players as it is to fill in some slots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

The fact is that it is time for the so mentioned spooner florek and fraser are due to get a roster spot, all 3 of these players showed potential in some nhl games. The problem is trading Campbell, McQuaid, Caron, Bartowski and Kelly would be too many for one team to take on, not sure if any require that many , however, the Bs could deal them away seperately for  picks and then head to the trade market for a RW with some picks. Its not a bad idea and the reason i say this is because at this point the Bs are stuck with using  these players as it is to fill in some slots.

Now that's a different scenario and one that isn't nearly as crazy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think for this to be realistic you'd have to consider the following:

1. What top-line RW is desirable, available, and affordable?

2. What would the other team would want back (eg. are they interested in a grab bag of 5-6 defensmen, bottom-six forwards, and high-mileage veterans...?).

3. The difficulty to move guys like the ones you've listed, even piecemeal, considering that the cap came in lower than anticipated and a lot of teams are feeling the squeeze.  The Bruins aren't the only team trying to form a 4th line from their own system with cheap young guys.  If there was demand for Jordan Caron I think he'd be gone.  Even the notion of freeing up enough cap space to sign a good RW seems riddled with difficulties.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

I disagree with this. The bruins fourth line wasn't good last year. Not at all. Paille could play third line and do well. He won't but he could.

mac, sorry, the idea is nuts. You're not going to get a first liner for fourth liners. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

i disagree with your assessment....  all the guys were plus players and although they didn't provide much offense they took care of the defensive side....  we're talking about a fourth line here who sees limited ice time....

now if you're looking for offense, you're not going to find many, if any, fourth lines that provide that elsewhere....

and Paille has hands of stone and would be a hindrance on any other line....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

[object HTMLDivElement]

i disagree with your assessment....  all the guys were plus players and although they didn't provide much offense they took care of the defensive side....  we're talking about a fourth line here who sees limited ice time....

now if you're looking for offense, you're not going to find many, if any, fourth lines that provide that elsewhere....

and Paille has hands of stone and would be a hindrance on any other line....

Then why hasn't he been when he's gotten the opportunity? Why does he have a 20 goal season? And the bruins fourth line was dominated by others in the league. Offensively, defensively, and physically  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

By my comment any combo of that I meant anyway using these players to one suitor or many suitors or in any creative fashion. Can you make it equal up to a goal scoring Right wing...

Is there any problem with the fourth line in that configuration?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Paille can play the third line. We have seen it. He will not score but he can sure move the puck and his speed with Soderberg and Ericson will go great

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Macfact's comment:

By my comment any combo of that I meant anyway using these players to one suitor or many suitors or in any creative fashion. Can you make it equal up to a goal scoring Right wing...

Is there any problem with the fourth line in that configuration?

No. Assets acquired by those players won't get you a first line rw

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Not bleacher report so no giving me the business did you read this

5. Devin Setoguchi
    2013-14 team: Winnipeg Jets
    Position: Right wing
    2013-14 cap hit: $3 million
    Why he’s worth a shot: His value couldn’t be lower. Setoguchi just had his worst year as an NHL forward: 11 goals, 16 assists. A three-time 20-goal man with the San Jose Sharks, this could simply be a case of needing to get with the right linemates and refreshing his sweater. He’s still young and can skate. Would be worth a shot on a two-year term.
    Latest dirt: Scarce are reports that there is a demand for Setoguchi. But he was so reliable in teal—14 goals in his last two playoff runs with the Sharks–one wonders if GM Doug Wilson would consider bring him back. Or perhaps Boston could use him to fill the right-wing hole left by Jarome Iginla.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Not bleacher report so no giving me the business did you read this

5. Devin Setoguchi
    2013-14 team: Winnipeg Jets
    Position: Right wing
    2013-14 cap hit: $3 million
    Why he’s worth a shot: His value couldn’t be lower. Setoguchi just had his worst year as an NHL forward: 11 goals, 16 assists. A three-time 20-goal man with the San Jose Sharks, this could simply be a case of needing to get with the right linemates and refreshing his sweater. He’s still young and can skate. Would be worth a shot on a two-year term.
    Latest dirt: Scarce are reports that there is a demand for Setoguchi. But he was so reliable in teal—14 goals in his last two playoff runs with the Sharks–one wonders if GM Doug Wilson would consider bring him back. Or perhaps Boston could use him to fill the right-wing hole left by Jarome Iginla.

Okay. First off, for the last time WHO WROTE IT? Don't steal someone's work without saying where you found it. Not just because it's wrong, but because maybe some of us want to see what else is on the site to find out if it's credible. 

Now, have you ever heard of this guy. 

5'8"- 175 lb. can play any forward position, played college hockey, but has been retired for a year. Bad knees, good work ethic. Good systems player. Ever heard of him? It's me. I'm as much of a first line nhl winger as steoguchi, who is a third or fourth line option.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Mac...this is a very weird posting style -- the pasting in sections of written analysis from elsewhere.

These message boards are generally an opinion thing.  Post your opinion, and then maybe use written comments from others as supporting materials, that are referenced as such.  Some of your posts are confusing when you just paste in plagiarized material from others.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

bsotonfan go easy bro...I did include the author on the last two articles. I just was not able to on that article. 

LUKE FOX
    JULY 23, 2014, 10:44 AM

Second I just saw the article and was asking your opinion which is good. You are better then him. No reason to come harsh on me. I asked the question. 

Speaking of questions...What type of RW is Brent Burns? I am asking minding you not implying.

Anyway I guess they could have kept Iggy for the money at the rate we are figuring this out. 

According to Capgeek you would have a good chunk to maybe get a 6 mill or so RW in multiple years if you sold off those pieces somehow and signed Smith and Krug as well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Sorry Fletch> I see your point. I am not trying to be confusing. I am not trying to state an opinion as much as get your opinions. Most of you know me Dez, Fletch, Kelv, Ismo, Red, Book, and even NAS. I generally am asking questions because I truly value your opinions. You all know more than I do. I rarely really state a hard opinion except for the Boychuk thing, I must have really been passionate about it. I have an idea about things. I love the Bruins so I try to inspire questions that will bring good conversation from the smart and brilliant. But mostly guys over the last 8 years have become a group of bros. I am sorry if my style is not well thougt out. I am really curios on these issues and love to read what you all write because it is soooo much better then what i read especially from the sports writers. So there is my compliment to you and I am sorry if I really do not offer anything gents.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I am not trying to plagarize either. I will only use links so it does not look like I am. I was only providing interesting things I read and look to see what you guys think. Like when you do not like what Hags writes or others. I will not post those anymore. I will just read...thanks for straightening it out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

bsotonfan go easy bro...I did include the author on the last two articles. I just was not able to on that article. 

LUKE FOX
    JULY 23, 2014, 10:44 AM

Second I just saw the article and was asking your opinion which is good. You are better then him. No reason to come harsh on me. I asked the question. 

Speaking of questions...What type of RW is Brent Burns? I am asking minding you not implying.

Anyway I guess they could have kept Iggy for the money at the rate we are figuring this out. 

According to Capgeek you would have a good chunk to maybe get a 6 mill or so RW in multiple years if you sold off those pieces somehow and signed Smith and Krug as well.

Never said I'm better than him, I said I'm as much a first line winger as him. I'm as much the president of the United States as you. I am not the president of the United States.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Sorry Fletch> I see your point. I am not trying to be confusing. I am not trying to state an opinion as much as get your opinions. Most of you know me Dez, Fletch, Kelv, Ismo, Red, Book, and even NAS. I generally am asking questions because I truly value your opinions. You all know more than I do. I rarely really state a hard opinion except for the Boychuk thing, I must have really been passionate about it. I have an idea about things. I love the Bruins so I try to inspire questions that will bring good conversation from the smart and brilliant. But mostly guys over the last 8 years have become a group of bros. I am sorry if my style is not well thougt out. I am really curios on these issues and love to read what you all write because it is soooo much better then what i read especially from the sports writers. So there is my compliment to you and I am sorry if I really do not offer anything gents.

That's fine. All of that is fine. If you want to ask questions ask questions. You don't need another guys writing to ask a question, and you don't need to start a thread to ask a question. "Hey, what do you guys think of setoguchi?" I'll say I like the idea, shupe will say he loves the idea, and nas will say "for providence? No. Wacey rabbit."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bucking trends to seek friends is a risky business. 4th lines are CJ 'a invention . Given the Cap the perfect place to judge talent etc. is the 4th line and for that's tee the third line. Popeye! I ams what iams it is all I can Bs"

"Don't judge me monkey" 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Couple quick points:

1. Paille  has had ample opportunity to prove he is anything but a 4th liner. He is on the 4th line for a reason.

2. He has never scored 20 in a season.

That is all.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Couple quick points:

1. Paille  has had ample opportunity to prove he is anything but a 4th liner. He is on the 4th line for a reason.

2. He has never scored 20 in a season.

That is all.....

19. Sorry

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Nobody is a 20 goal scorer until they are.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Boston I will make sure to get your approval in the future.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Boston I will make sure to get your approval in the future.

Do what you do Mac. You're a solid contributor like you've always been.

Sections
Shortcuts