Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11

This league is brutal  A big man is a big man.  If chara falls is it a penalty on Giroux.  Stupid

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Better be off-setting penalties, Giroux yah W U Z Z yer fine!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bryzgalov looks sharp, nice poke check on Marchand, who is absolutly flying tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Brads gonna get 50 if he keeps playing this way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11:
    [QUOTE]Brads gonna get 50 if he keeps playing this way.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    I would lose my shizzz if that even happened. I think I already have enough March merchandise but I would re-buy everything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : I would lose my shizzz if that even happened. I think I already have enough March merchandise but I would re-buy everything.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Im calling a spade a spade.  Best player on the ice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Some observations after the 2nd:

1. Marchand and Seguin look like they are going to have monster seasons

2. PP still stinks (FIRE WARD!!!-just kidding, or am I?)

3. Krecji line looks like they are still on vacation

4. I wish Chara would have went mountain man on Coburn and Van Reimsdyk for their faux concern for Giroux. Would have been nice to see

5. TT still going strong

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

wonder if a Seguin/Caron/Marchand line would work. Bergie can play with anyone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StiHacka. Show StiHacka's posts

Anyone seen Lucic lately?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : You notice Philly's best chance of the game came on a guy beating out an icing and getting off a 1 timer?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I take it back, I hadn't realized that icings got beat out a billion times a game.  I thought it was like 2-3%.  Seems like 70% this game anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'm wondering if those folks, as is their prerogative who were so quick to mash the club with some crazy thoughts in previous years when the Bruins would hit a rough patch will be as harsh this season with the B's coming off a championship?  Just a thought.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think Emeric has Seguin and Peverly permanantly cross wired, he's picking up from last year's playoffs just where he left off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]I'm wondering if those folks, as is their prerogative who were so quick to mash the club with some crazy thoughts in previous years when the Bruins would hit a rough patch will be as harsh this season with the B's coming off a championship?  Just a thought.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

That train is never late. Their honeymoon will be short and bitter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : That train is never late. Their honeymoon will be short and bitter.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Kel - Well said. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]I'm wondering if those folks, as is their prerogative who were so quick to mash the club with some crazy thoughts in previous years when the Bruins would hit a rough patch will be as harsh this season with the B's coming off a championship?  Just a thought.

Not the influence of a cup win, but it's the manner in which they lose in the rough patches.  Big regular season games last year where they lost they were just not there emotionally.

If they lose this tonight I have no problem with it, they are playing well, but just not winning.  They are hustling, the emotion looks like it's there, they are doing all the right stuff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : Not the influence of a cup win, but it's the manner in which they lose in the rough patches.  Big regular season games last year where they lost they were just not there emotionally. If they lose this tonight I have no problem with it, they are playing well, but just not winning.  They are hustling, the emotion looks like it's there, they are doing all the right stuff.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Pretty fast paced game for game 1.  We will get this tied up. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : I take it back, I hadn't realized that icings got beat out a billion times a game.  I thought it was like 2-3%.  Seems like 70% this game anyway.
    I'm not saying it happens all the time. I'm only saying it's more common than you think.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : Not the influence of a cup win, but it's the manner in which they lose in the rough patches.  Big regular season games last year where they lost they were just not there emotionally. If they lose this tonight I have no problem with it, they are playing well, but just not winning.  They are hustling, the emotion looks like it's there, they are doing all the right stuff.

BadHab - True enough.  I don't fault their engines tonight.  If anything I think we're seeing why Philly went and got Bryzkalov.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : BadHab - True enough.  I don't fault their engines tonight.  If anything I think we're seeing why Philly went and got Bryzkalov.

It wasn't that Bryz was standing on his head, but just that they had somoene really competent back there.

And some really bad calls tonight, really bad. 
    The Chara penalty was a joke. 
    The Boychuk call was horrible. 

And what was up with someone holding Ference's stick?  They didn't even replay that, but it looked really blatant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : It wasn't that Bryz was standing on his head, but just that they had somoene really competent back there. And some really bad calls tonight, really bad.  The Chara penalty was a joke.  The Boychuk call was horrible.  And what was up with someone holding Ference's stick?  They didn't even replay that, but it looked really blatant.

My point exactly re Bryz.  He's certainly an upgrade over Leighton and Co. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : I don't fault their engines tonight.  If anything I think we're seeing why Philly went and got Bryzkalov.Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

RHO, Did I see that stat right tonight...Bryz has the most shutouts and wins for a goalie the past 2 years ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : It wasn't that Bryz was standing on his head, but just that they had somoene really competent back there. And some really bad calls tonight, really bad.  The Chara penalty was a joke.  The Boychuk call was horrible.  And what was up with someone holding Ference's stick?  They didn't even replay that, but it looked really blatant.

Agree on Chara.  Do they only want small guys in the league.  Chara will win 110% of those collisions.  Hate it that they turn as well. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I like the potential of these lines and overall a solid game. Not bad considering all the stuff to deal with in Game 1. They had chances that they will bury in other games.

I'm ticked off at the fans, though. Pink hats buy tickets at an absurd price, forcing the rest of us out. They then spend the whole game sitting on their hands and leave with 8 mins left in the game. Pathetic. Defending champs, people. Stand up and make some noise. They should have been on their feet for the last 5 minutes to welcome this team back, but I suppose traffic and all...

Sad. This team deserves better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : RHO, Did I see that stat right tonight...Bryz has the most shutouts and wins for a goalie the past 2 years ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I certainly was a doubter.  But the wall in net. Solid def and really fast skilled fwds.  Philly looks good after one game. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : Agree on Chara.  Do they only want small guys in the league.  Chara will win 110% of those collisions.  Hate it that they turn as well. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

On that hit it wouldn't have mattered if it were Bobby Lalonde out there, Giroux turned his back and hunched over.  My dead grandmother would have knocked him flat.