Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11

In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : Agree on Chara.  Do they only want small guys in the league.  Chara will win 110% of those collisions.  Hate it that they turn as well. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Chara's simply skating for the puck. Giroux stops short in front of him. Physics then took over. Also made a nice greasy play on Seguin with less than 3 seconds to go in the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : Chara's simply skating for the puck. Giroux stops short in front of him. Physics then took over. Also made a nice greasy play on Seguin with less than 3 seconds to go in the game.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Its stupid.  A 18 wheeler is always gonna run over a honda civic.  When the vehicles jump in the same lane you play it smart and let the 18 wheeler have that lane.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : I'm not saying it happens all the time. I'm only saying it's more common than you think.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I really didn't realize it happened so much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : RHO, Did I see that stat right tonight...Bryz has the most shutouts and wins for a goalie the past 2 years ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Bro, you did.  I saw it as well.  Made me think this guy's been toiling in anonymity out in the desert the last few seasons.  With the likes of Thomas, Fleury, Luongo, Lundqvist and perhaps Kiprisoff (sp?), that stat seemed to come out of left field.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : Bro, you did.  I saw it as well.  Made me think this guy's been toiling in anonymity out in the desert the last few seasons.  With the likes of Thomas, Fleury, Luongo, Lundqvist and perhaps Kiprisoff (sp?), that stat seemed to come out of left field.  Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

If the Fyers keep playing like this, which I think they will, how awesome will it be for Holmgren to walk by all his doubters with such a smug look on his face ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Game 1 in the books and it was a great start but just that.. Game 1.
    Just a couple of personal observations.
    1) I now remember why I dont like Doc Emmerick. I want to "knife" him.
    2) The boys looked a step slow and were fighting the puck a bit.
    3) Philly is going to field a pretty good team this year.
    4) Seguin needs to play on a line with some skill. Kelly doesnt cut it.
    5) The B's will be fine

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Oh yeah, I've been wanting to say this since last year ... F#%k "Eddie" Olczyk

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : If the Fyers keep playing like this, which I think they will, how awesome will it be for Holmgren to walk by all his doubters with such a smug look on his face ?

For the record I wasnt a believer.  26% of their offense was dealt.  Its a small sample size but they look good.
    I also think our squad looks a lot faster.  Lucic/Horton with a snoozer.  Might have to split them up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Marchand and Seguin with the most shots on goal by Bruin forwards tonight. Get used to that. They will probably constitute two thirds of the first line by the end of the year.

Side note: Seidenburg had 6 freakin shots tonight. Imagine if he kept that up....lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : If the Fyers keep playing like this, which I think they will, how awesome will it be for Holmgren to walk by all his doubters with such a smug look on his face ?

Dawg - His feet won't tough the ground.  Neither will Bob Clarke's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

First game of the season, same goalie beat the Bs last year in the first game.  Cheers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

B's had their chances to put this one away, but Bryz came up with the big saves......and a few "lucky" misses on what should have been open netters. Thomas makes some great saves........as usual to keep it close. Oh well, first game, no biggy.

The pre-game was pretty awesome. Too bad the crowd couldn't have brought some of that energy into the game though....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11:[QUOTE] 4) Seguin needs to play on a line with some skill. Kelly doesnt cut it. 5) The B's will be fine Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]

Kelly just doesn't have the offensive skill for Seguin nor Caron. I'd like to see Peverley with the youngsters, Pouliot with Marchand n Bergeron. Then drop Kelly down to the 4th line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : Kelly just doesn't have the offensive skill for Seguin nor Caron. I'd like to see Peverley with the youngsters, Pouliot with Marchand n Bergeron. Then drop Kelly down to the 4th line.

Kelly/Campy/Paille would make a good 4th line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I can't remember ever being so relaxed after a Bruins loss in all my life.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I thought the B's looked quite a  bit quicker than last year.  The offense looked like they could stretch the opposing D at any point.  They actually had a nice offensive flow going, but in the first period they seemed to be shooting everything wide and the third they just were not burying their chances.

D was a little jumpy. Bryz was good, but the B's let him off the hook too often.

Seguin had a ton of jump, as did Marchand.

I'm not sure where all the Philly love is coming from.  Their offense wasnt very good at all and they got their entire offense within about 40 seconds.  D was getting burned by B's forwards.

i was wanting the B's to be a little less perfect and throw stuff from everywhere on Brys... thats the stuff that was going in off him vs Detroit... crap from the corners, etc.  Then I watch Van/Pitt and each goalie gave up a horrible softie apiece on junk thrown at them from the corners.  Yeesh.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zetec. Show Zetec's posts

Don't be surprised if the B's suffer through a bit of Cup Daze for a few weeks, if not longer.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

First Philly goal was Chara's fault - played the puck. Second Philly goal was a write-off - pinball, reboundin, lucky. Except a short stretch in the second where Philly had some energy - this game was all Bruins.

The Bruins were doing just about everything they wanted. But, the puck was not going in the net.

Tyler Seguin could have won this game singlehandedly, with a bit of luck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Season Opener Boston Bruins vs. Philadelphia Flyers - Game Thread 10/06/11 : Kelly/Campy/Paille would make a good 4th line. Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I concur Dr. Shupe woops I mean Inspector Shupe...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

considering i was ready for a nap after that video/cup skating/banner-raising, it was a surprise that the team looked as good as they did. i know they are professional athletes, but maintaining a focus on a hockey game had to be difficult last night. the game was almost a sidenote to the pre-game celebration. i mean, one minute you're skating the stanley cup around the arena, then 15 minutes later pronger is looking to paste you to the boards. think about last year during the playoffs, that mental image of chara sitting quietly in the lockerroom focusing before the game. as great as that was for all of them to experience, i bet they are glad it is over. get that focus back and get ready for saturday night. btw, the garden crowd was horrible last night. the yelling/heckling while jacobs was speaking was classless. for the rest of the game, they were asleep i think. granted, nothing compares to playoff intensity, but this was a close competitive game that the bruins were in the whole way. the fans sat on their hands like they were disinterested because it wasn't a playoff game or something. overall i'd give the team a C+, they will need to be better on saturday.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I think Corvo/Chara is going to be a really nice pairing. At least what I could see from my last row seats Corvo played a very very solid game.

Seguin/Marchand looked like the best 2 forwards, Caron is built like a house. Reminds me of young Bergy the way he skates.

The Ref's were pretty bad, the holding on JB coulda been interference(wishy washy) but it certainly wasnt a hold. They completely missed a holding the stick penalty as well.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think Corvo/Chara is going to be a really nice pairing. At least what I could see from my last row seats Corvo played a very very solid game. Seguin/Marchand looked like the best 2 forwards, Caron is built like a house. Reminds me of young Bergy the way he skates. The Ref's were pretty bad, the holding on JB coulda been interference(wishy washy) but it certainly wasnt a hold. They completely missed a holding the stick penalty as well.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    I thought the same. Caron looks like a left shooting Bergy. He plays a similar physical game too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

adk - we agree 100% on the crowd. Pathetic.

It's going to be very hard for Seguin and Marchand to have those motors for every shift, every game. If the KHL line doesn't show a more consistent effort, it'll be a long season. It's only one game, but we all know the history there.

I have a feeling these aren't the lines we'll see at the end of the year. I'm not talking obvious small changes in lines 3 and 4, but a major overhaul. Best way out of any Cup hangover is to really mix things up and make everyone a bit uncomfortable so they have to go back to honest hard work. Maybe the young guys are the ones who will inject some energy to the others. My dream lineup:

Marchand-Krejci-Horton
    Lucic-Bergeron-Seguin
    Peverly-Kelly-Caron

Pouliot-Campbell-Paille

Chara-Corvo
    Seids-Boychuck
    McQuaid-Ference

I know it's early to talk line changes, but I hope Julien has some ideas in his back pocket and doesn't wait too long to make changes if necessary.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]adk - we agree 100% on the crowd. Pathetic. It's going to be very hard for Seguin and Marchand to have those motors for every shift, every game. If the KHL line doesn't show a more consistent effort, it'll be a long season. It's only one game, but we all know the history there. I have a feeling these aren't the lines we'll see at the end of the year. I'm not talking obvious small changes in lines 3 and 4, but a major overhaul. Best way out of any Cup hangover is to really mix things up and make everyone a bit uncomfortable so they have to go back to honest hard work. Maybe the young guys are the ones who will inject some energy to the others. My dream lineup: Marchand-Krejci-Horton Lucic-Bergeron-Seguin Peverly-Kelly-Caron Pouliot-Campbell-Paille Chara-Corvo Seids-Boychuck McQuaid-Ference I know it's early to talk line changes, but I hope Julien has some ideas in his back pocket and doesn't wait too long to make changes if necessary.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

It might have been the sauce in me last night but I was yelling at my whole section because they were pathetic, barring the few guys sitting near me. The B's are down by one and get a PP so I stand up and start the "Lets go Bruins!!" and no1 responds. Then when the PP expires and PHI has pressure in the B's zone they start chanting...

I was like YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO CHEER?

Tried to start it again when the B's were on offense no response. Im not sure if everyone was all screamed out from the ceremony but yeah it was sad.