Season start tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Season start tracker

OK, if they suddenly decide to have a meeting and resolve the whole CBA thing can they squeeze into camp and have the first preseason game on the 25th v Capitals at 7?

Or what date has the first preseason game been pushed back to?

I hope the life of this thread is a short one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Season start tracker

Hoping for an NFL type last second miracle. However, the NFL seemed more inclined to actually have a season. I get the impression that the NHLPA and Owners have no problem with a lockout - could be wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah that is what I am hoping for as well Bisson. There is time but it is getting short.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

My hookah is full.  Me thinks the season will start on time with preseason shrunk to levels it should be in a modern age of training.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

My hookah is full.  Me thinks the season will start on time with preseason shrunk to levels it should be in a modern age of training.  

No matter the off season training, timing isn't found in the gym, the pool or at the track. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

As I look at the past years of NHL hockey, October and November is preseason.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think 2 weeks is a short a time period as possible before the first preseason game, so we have until 9/11 before the first preseason game gets messed up.

First regular season is 10/11.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

PC said camp is due to start Sep 21.  So as of right now everything is on schedule for the first preseason game.  But that's really optimistic

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Given the article I just saw by Fluto that said that the players are pretty adamant about not giving money back, I now (suddenly) think we're in for a long one.  A REAL LONG one.  Very lucky that the season starts by Jan 1.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm trying to decide if I should wait until Sunday morning to buy season tickets to the Giants, or just go ahead and do it now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Also I was really looking forward to going to the  two Bruins preseason games in Saskatoon and Winnipeg. That kind of sucks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'm going to be watching a lot of football and no basketball this winter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The NHL network ought to think about broadcasting AHL & junior games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Just read Bob McKenzie's evaluation of the current status, and potential outcome. It leaves me with further conviction that Fehr needs to stop trying to impress everyone with his resume, and come up with a reasonable compromise. NHL players are FAR better off than they have ever been, just look at Marchand's extension, and what LaFleur or Gordy Howe were paid over the life of their career. 50-50 looks reasonable and doable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Just read Bob McKenzie's evaluation of the current status, and potential outcome. It leaves me with further conviction that Fehr needs to stop trying to impress everyone with his resume, and come up with a reasonable compromise. NHL players are FAR better off than they have ever been, just look at Marchand's extension, and what LaFleur or Gordy Howe were paid over the life of their career. 50-50 looks reasonable and doable.

Bob's novella is definitely the best article I've read on the CBA.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bogie6's comment:

Bob's novella is definitely the best article I've read on the CBA.

[/QUOTE]
    I'd really like to read that.  Please provide the link.  I think the "whole problem",..is where negotiations began.  The league delivered a kick in the groin to start things off, and that...as unfortunate as it is...dictates how the game progresses.  Huge concessions suggest weakness.  We know the league won't dig their heels in on arbitration, entry level contracts or FA.  It's all about the money.  Personally, I think the PA will go along with 50-50 in a heartbeat, but they can't do it too quick, or the league will want more. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

All I heard today from the media is it's getting or will get ugly. WTV that means.
    why is it un-reasonable 50/50 ? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404989

Here ya go Steve, but be forewarned it's a long read - nearly 4,000 words.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to red75's comment:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=404989

Here ya go Steve, but be forewarned it's a long read - nearly 4,000 words.

thanks Red, found it in the meantime and would suggest anyone folowing this unfortunate spectacle, take the time to go through it.  I think the crux of those 4000 words is the dissapointment that there's a gunfight looming, when in reality all that's necessary, and fair... is a "tweak".   50-50 and everyone should be happy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

The fact that Bob was on vacation, came back and summarized the situation as it stands makes for fascinating reading.  He provided a great deal more clarity regarding the proposals, and I'm much more aware of the two positions than I was before.

It seems to me that the recent statements by players stating: "We're more informed this time, and we're more united than ever" simply means that Fehr is doing a much better job of communications (brainwashing) with his constituents than his predecessor.  Also, Fehr seems to have convinced the players that "57 or fight" is their motto for this round of bargaining, and that they have an inalienable right to that figure, regardless of its absurdity.

It also seems to me that Bettman is determined to win the stare down with the Union Big Dog Fehr, and to show the Owners that it doesn't matter who the PA gets to handle its negotiations, there's only one person who runs the league, and that's the Little Big Man himself.  In my opinion, it's EGO that will drive the length of this lockout, not negotiations.

As BMac states, logic seems to indicate that there's a deal to be made here (share of currently-defined HRR stepping down to 55 - 53.5 - 52 - 50.5 in the 4 years of the deal sounds like a good proposal), without a sudden rollback, and without the ridiculous "snap back to 57" idea from the PA.

But we're thinking with our brains, whereas the two antagonists here are using a different part of their body.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

No question both sides are still in posturing mode, so it's difficult to determine what's really important to either side, however, I still believe it was the leagues first proposal that set up the mess.  It was proof enough for the players...that the owners were out to screw them, and they needed John Wayne(Fehr) to ride in and take control.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

The NHL network ought to think about broadcasting AHL & junior games.

Ditto.  I get NHL Center Ice, and I'd like to see some hockey as a free service while waiting for this thing to get resolved.  Watching the P-Bruins, the WHL, the OHL, colleges etc. would be nice to see the draft picks get their ice legs.

[/QUOTE]

And what better way to boycott the NHL?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Starting the countdown to 9/15.

Who was the total loser who said that what NBC wants, NBC gets and there would be no lockout?

Whoever you are, you and your posts are getting buried.