Seguin 15 goals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Seguin 15 goals

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to riptide757's comment:

I understand. And I believe Erickson is better fit for playoff hockey in the long run being the reliable player he is. Many fans just want see some more fire and attitude in his game that made him a 30 goal scorer in Dallas and help Bergeron and Marchand get going.

I don't care about fire and attitude.  I care about victories.  He isn't a bust simply because people don't like his style.

Krejci is about as ho-hum as it gets.  He's okay in my book.

Agreed. He scores big goals and doesn't even raise his stick.  No histrionics. Just business as usual.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Marco,

There are players who are suitable and effective in the playoffs and there are those who are not.

There is a difference between regular season and playoffs.

Those 2 things are accepted as true with most of the hockey world, do you agree?

And of current players, who is a player who is classically suited for the playoffs and others who are not, care to mention some names?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

the NHL playoffs are no longer won by purely offensively skilled players. it has been this way for about 20 years now. Seguin's Stars will get beat up in the playoffs and will never win a Stanley Cup. so the only question is whether you want an entertaining team that does well in the regular season but has little chance in the playoffs or a slightly less entertaining team that has a chance to win it all every year.

until Seguin leads a team to playoff succes, all of his regular season stats will be essentially meaningless.

i say this as an early supporter of his. i eventually came to agree with the B's brass that he was missing an essential ingredient for a postseason winner. he just isn't tough enough. it's kind of the same as the NFL. defense wins championships. the Patriots won when their defense was great, and they lost when their offense was great, including getting punched in the mouth by the Baltimore Ravens multiple times in the playoffs.

Seguin will win most of the "notches on the belt" competitions for his career. he just won't ever win another Stanley Cup. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

the NHL playoffs are no longer won by purely offensively skilled players. it has been this way for about 20 years now. Seguin's stars will get beat up in the playoffs and will never win a Stanley Cup. so the only question is whether you want an entertaining team that does well in the regular season but has little chance in the playoffs or a slightly less entertaining team that has a chance to win it all every year.

until Seguin leads a team to playoff succes, all of his regular season stats will be essentially meaningless.

i say this as an early supporter of his. i eventually came to agree with the B's brass that he was missing an essential ingredient for a postseason winner. he just isn't tough enough. it's kind of the same as the NFL. defense wins championships. the Patriots won when their defense was great, and they lost when their offense was great, including getting punched in the mouth by the Baltimore Ravens multiple times in the playoffs.

Seguin will win most of the "notches on the belt" competitions for his career. he just won't ever win another Stanley Cup. 

how bout that?  Same thought in 2 different posts at the same time.

Not sure about Seguin not being tough enough, maybe in another 4 or 5 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seguin does nothing for two weeks, has a good game against one of the worst defenses in hockey, then goes back to the bar.  Does nothing for two weeks, racks it up against another bad team.

Call me when that makes Dallas relevant.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

How's this point of view:  I don't think it was a bad trade at all, but I might be on board if someone were to say it was a bad draft pick.

The talent level is there, but considering the B's were stacked at center, maybe they should have traded down and selected a different style or type of player.

Anyone who thinks Seguins current performance makes the trade regretful is loose. 

U are a blind fool if u cannot see that this trade is a bust for boston as of today. Erickson looks like a soft touch. The other prospects may make this trade look better in time but for now its a flop.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to pauly1's comment:

How's this point of view:  I don't think it was a bad trade at all, but I might be on board if someone were to say it was a bad draft pick.

The talent level is there, but considering the B's were stacked at center, maybe they should have traded down and selected a different style or type of player.

Anyone who thinks Seguins current performance makes the trade regretful is loose. 

U are a blind fool if u cannot see that this trade is a bust for boston as of today. Erickson looks like a soft touch. The other prospects may make this trade look better in time but for now its a flop.

Pauly1 and Marco.

Without doubt, the two worst posters on here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

marco's not the worst - if he got off his hobby horses.  Pauly is creepy.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Seguin does nothing for two weeks, has a good game against one of the worst defenses in hockey, then goes back to the bar.  Does nothing for two weeks, racks it up against another bad team.

Call me when that makes Dallas relevant.

Imagine nothing for  2weeks and still manages to have 27 pts. You guys just Don't see how this jeopardizes the future.  Tell me something since its So easy to have a good game against  bad defences like philly and bad teams like Calgary.  Care to bet on any bruin and I mean any doing the same against any team. Or is that impossible because of julien system. Kessel defied the odds

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to pauly1's comment:

Pauly1 and Marco.

Without doubt, the two worst posters on here.

I'll take that like a compliment coming from a lying cop

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

answer my question re: players built for the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Joe Thornton has won a Hart Trophy and an Art Ross Trophy since the Bruins traded him. Seems he's always up there when it comes to the league leaders in scoring as well.

Phil Kessel seems to lead the Leafs in goals every year since the Bruins traded him.

Too bad the Bruins haven't had an ounce of success since trading those two.

Wait a minute.....

A very tight, concise, brief, yet all encompassing explanation.  Good job Kel.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Loui vs tyler no comparison - It's a bust!!

If you have nagging belief that the B's dislike gifted offensive players....I can kind of understand that.  It does appear that they sour more quickly on the highlite reel guys, and cut the grinders all sorts of slack.  That's a generality though, with zero substance.  Easy fodder for the ill-informed.

Kelvana's post above, should incite some clarity.  This management group has consistently kept the team among the leagues best, and that's incredibly tough for elite teams that play within a cap system.  

Although I agree with you that Seguins performance last night was noteworthy, that was also a heck of a game involving the Bruins.  If your posts weren't so one dimensional and whiney, other posters may start seeing you more like you see yourself. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

Loui vs tyler no comparison - It's a bust!!

I totally agree this trade is starting to look ugly, PC's track record when it comes to trades is horrific. Seguin will be a start in this leauge for long long time not sure about the Swede. 

Smith is a good little player and don't know what the other 2 players are yet so can't really say trade is a bust

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Streaky play from Seguin ( as has been the case in his career so far ).

He just finished a stretch of 6 games with 1 assist before yesterday's outburst. Dallas got their money's worth from him for yesterday's game. The other 6 games ? Fourth line money value.

If he's not scoring what other signifigant contributions does he bring to a team ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

The Bruins' other option would have been to keep Seguin, who had scored like a madman in Switzerland during the lockout (and allegedly never cleaned his Swiss apartment), then came back to the NHL and to Earth during the shortened regular season, and almost completely disappeared in the playoffs - with a cap hit of almost 6 million this season, but without the "I'll show you!" kind of motivation Seguin seems to have discovered after being traded to Dallas.

In this scenario they also would have had to keep Peverley (cap hit 3.25 million), while they still would need a top six forward to replace Nathan Horton with almost no room under the cap. (And we should not forget the potentially fatal relation between Stanley and his "favorite" player, aka "The Lemon"...)

While I am still not sold on Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith's play so far has been a very pleasant surprise. Plus the Bruins currently trail both the Habs and Pens by only one point with two games in hand, so they must be doing something right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I'm pretty sure Seguin would have been the Horton replacement, then you bump Smith/Soderberg to 2nd line, Paille to 3rd, Caron on the 4th.  Not bad at all.  Just sayin

In response to MrHulot's comment:

The Bruins' other option would have been to keep Seguin, who had scored like a madman in Switzerland during the lockout (and allegedly never cleaned his Swiss apartment), then came back to the NHL and to Earth during the shortened regular season, and almost completely disappeared in the playoffs - with a cap hit of almost 6 million this season, but without the "I'll show you!" kind of motivation Seguin seems to have discovered after being traded to Dallas.

In this scenario they also would have had to keep Peverley (cap hit 3.25 million), while they still would need a top six forward to replace Nathan Horton with almost no room under the cap. (And we should not forget the potentially fatal relation between Stanley and his "favorite" player, aka "The Lemon"...)

While I am still not sold on Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith's play so far has been a very pleasant surprise. Plus the Bruins currently trail both the Habs and Pens by only one point with two games in hand, so they must be doing something right.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Marco, Seguin is lighting it up on a non playoff team who does not play defense first.  Also, is that division more wide open hockey? Will other teams catch on to him and shut him down next year like they did here after his big year?  I assure you that Kessel and Seguin would not be lighting it up as much if they concentrated on defense like the B's do.

Having said that, I respect your opinion and I wont put you on ignore bc we disagree.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to Chappy28's comment:

I'm pretty sure Seguin would have been the Horton replacement, then you bump Smith/Soderberg to 2nd line, Paille to 3rd, Caron on the 4th.  Not bad at all.  Just sayin

Without the Seguin trade, the Bruins would not have Reilly Smith on their roster. And they had tried Seguin on a line with Krejci and Lucic before - sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Factor in Seguin's 2013 playoff performance (plus his fondness of certain beverages), and you can see why the Bruins did not like this option.

Plus...

(In response to mattbs' comment:)

...Seguin is lighting it up on a non playoff team who does not play defense first...

Again, I am certainly not a big fan of Loui Eriksson's performance as a Bruin so far, but I doubt that Tyler Seguin would have scored at the same rate (26 games, 15 goals, 12 assists for Dallas) as a Bruin this season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Marco, Seguin is lighting it up on a non playoff team who does not play defense first.  Also, is that division more wide open hockey? Will other teams catch on to him and shut him down next year like they did here after his big year?  I assure you that Kessel and Seguin would not be lighting it up as much if they concentrated on defense like the B's do.

Having said that, I respect your opinion and I wont put you on ignore bc we disagree.

Watching Kessel the other night, I'd be embarrassed to have him on my team. He would be maddening to watch. He's as sacless as any player you'll see. So glad he's gone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Tyler is in fire today against philly. Sure could have used him on Thursday. He now has 15 on pace for 47. He won't get 47 but 35 to 40 very likely.  Very frustrating! 

Well if he had stepped up at all in the playoffs, even in the finals, Boston probably might have gotton the cup. He would still be here. He is just trying to prove them wrong. Joe Thorton did the same thing the first year after he got traded. I'm sure he will be a good player but he wasn't in Boston

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to NeelyOrr's comment:

Well if he had stepped up at all in the playoffs, even in the finals, Boston probably might have gotton the cup. He would still be here. He is just trying to prove them wrong. Joe Thornton did the same thing the first year after he got traded. I'm sure he will be a good player but he wasn't in Boston

That's what I called the "I'll show you!" kind of motivation.

Sections
Shortcuts