SEGUIN #19

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

SEGUIN #19

Missed this mornings game,but it looks like that 18 year old face wont have to go back to Jrs.I think he would be crushed if it happened.He is one of the quiker Bs already.He will do alot better if he plays with likewise skaters.Kessel would be nice with him.All in fun folks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: SEGUIN #19

He is killer in shoot outs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Last nights game was the first where he looked like a rookie.

Prior to that he has dislpayed some great hockey sense specifically with his playmaking abilities. Seguin could easily have another 4ish assists at this points if he was not playing with the Wheeler's and Recchi's, not to knock them, much.

This kid is only going to get better too. If I remember right, Stamkos (who he has been compared to) took about half a season to get going. Seguin has already shown some skills and got some decent points, 4th on the team if I remember right. So far, so good. He will learn from bad games.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Savy will save the kid when he comes back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

...was shocked to sim #19 listed as the most important player (i.e. within the top 5)  for a lot of reasons.  However, I understand the logic.  More specifically, his performance will certainly energise players- from both teams: Boston and Providence.  I believe that, as fans, we must be willing to let season one; take the rest as gravy.  Ultimately, I believe that this kid will start to really get it, before this season is over.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Honestly seguin doesnt need saving. He is a beast on his own CJ keeps him bottled up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: SEGUIN #19:
    [QUOTE]Seguin has disapointed me in his ability to pass. First year or not i don't think he has that natural passing skill i thought he had/heard. He could be better suited at the wing more than i would have imagined
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]
    I beg to differ.I think he has made some of the most creative passes displayed this year,he has exceptional vision.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]   I would like to see Seguin move up to LW on Bergeron's line. Let Wheeler center the 3rd line with Ryder (they deserve each other, and when they are on the ice,it will give me time to get a beer, because I know nothing exciting will happen). Let Caron, Marchand, and maybe Paille draw straws, and the short straw has to be 3rd line LW.    It's time Bergeron gets a high quality winger to work with.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Yah, Seguin has blazing speed and I think he could use it more on the wing.
    Not for nothing that he just totally dusted a Vezina runner up on a breakaway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Looking forward to Savard coming back (hopefully sooner rather than later).  It will give the Bruins a chance to actually see Seguin on the wing where I believe he will have more success.  While his goal was a beauty, you don't usually see a centre pinching that high for the breakaway pass.  Usually it is the winger that will go for the stretch pass as they play higher up in the defensive zone.  Either way, I'm stoked for the kid.

The Bruins top line is looking unreal.  Great chemistry between Lucic, Horton and Krejci.  With Savard back, the PP will be much more successfull and there will be two legit scoring lines.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I would like to see Seguin move up to LW on Bergeron's line. Let Wheeler center the 3rd line with Ryder (they deserve each other, and when they are on the ice,it will give me time to get a beer, because I know nothing exciting will happen). Let Caron, Marchand, and maybe Paille draw straws, and the short straw has to be 3rd line LW.
       It's time Bergeron gets a high quality winger to work with.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: SEGUIN #19 : I beg to differ.I think he has made some of the most creative passes displayed this year,he has exceptional vision.
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]

He's an excellent passer, and displays clear talent and hockey sense, but last night's game is a perfect example of the learning curve of an 18-year-old player in the NHL. He has to learn not only his teammates' proclivities, but has to adjust to the speed and smarts of NHL players as a whole. Passes and moves that would easily fool guys in junior aren't going to work all the time at this level. NHL players are a hell of a lot better (and quicker, and stronger) at stepping into passing lanes, for example, and anticipating moves.

He'll learn. He is learning. Fans will just have to be patient and expect that he's going to make his share of mistakes, as well as great plays.  

Sections
Shortcuts