Seguin a scratch again tonight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston4ever. Show boston4ever's posts

Seguin a scratch again tonight?

Come on CJ, give the kid a chance to play the game. Paille is damn near useless, I really see no point in benching Seguin the rest of the way, he needs the experiance now so he will become a better player in the future. I could see benching him if we had someone worthwhile to take his spot but we dont, Paille is absolutely worthless.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Seguin a scratch again tonight?

In Response to Seguin a scratch again tonight?:
    [QUOTE]Come on CJ, give the kid a chance to play the game. Paille is damn near useless, I really see no point in benching Seguin the rest of the way, he needs the experiance now so he will become a better player in the future. I could see benching him if we had someone worthwhile to take his spot but we dont, Paille is absolutely worthless.
    Posted by boston4ever[/QUOTE]

Umm or just scratch thornton. Who has been invisible lately.

Recchi-Seguin-Kelly (Kelly takes Dzone faceoffs)
    Paille-Campbel-Ryder

Seeing as ryder has no use for linemates tick him on the 4th line.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Lets hope so. The Bruins have gotten points in 9 or their last 10 games and are currently ranked #1 in the NHL on TSN.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Oh my god... Every.  Single.  Game.... another Seguin Fanboy Thread.  Astonishing...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin a scratch again tonight?:
    [QUOTE]Oh my god... Every.  Single.  Game.... another Seguin Fanboy Thread.  Astonishing...
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]
    Should make you wonder if not everyone shares your opinion regarding Seguin.......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

It's not so much about Seguin, the player, it's about the multiple threads that appear on cue as soon as the lineups are announced.  The fact is, he's not going to play every single game... there's no point in whining about it every time he sits.

I like Seguin.  I'm glad the Bruins have Seguin.  I look forward to watching Seguin for years to come.  I just don't like complaining under false arguments simply for complaining's sake.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Play better would be my solution for Seguin to be in the starting lineup.. Just has not been effective to earn the right to play on a consistant basis.. I don't mind the "tough love" as you might call it from Julien.. It sends a message to the rest of the team that there is no favouritism , just because your a high pick in the draft.. Look at how Bobby Ryan has turned out.. He spent quite a few years finding himself ...drafted 6 years ago and is playing in his 3rd year in the NHL , before becoming the player everyone thought he would be.. It takes time..

Clearly one can see that Seguin is not physically strong enough right now to play at this level and are working him in slowly.. I am also sure that management in concert with agent and the player have discussed his development in detail as not to discourage the player.. Usually, most times it is the agent that makes the first move and demands that his player is unhappy etc.. Have not heard anything to the contrary.. which is a good sign and indicates to me they are on board with Bruins decision...Time will tell..

I see a kid ( 19 ) who shy's away from contact, who is making errant passes, who is making mistakes that could end up costing you games especially in the playoffs. This is a veteran team that Seguin plays on and he has to earn his stripes and the coaches trust to be a responsible player...I think one of the reasons that Seguin was kept up here instead of returning to Jr was because the Bruins management felt a need to justify the Kessel deal.. IMO...In turn, it looks like it has hurt Seguin more than helped.. I wish he could have played in the WJC's in December would have given him a ton of confidence to play at the highest level in Jr.Hockey..Maybe he comes back a different player...

Say what you want about Paille and others of similar ilk on the team , they are not costing the Bruins games , they know their roles and have the trust of the coaching staff in all situations on the ice.. Seguin is going to be a great player, I have no doubt.. Patience is needed, and the Bruins are providing it..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Seguin a scratch again tonight? : Umm or just scratch thornton. Who has been invisible lately. Recchi-Seguin-Kelly (Kelly takes Dzone faceoffs) Paille-Campbel-Ryder Seeing as ryder has no use for linemates tick him on the 4th line.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Someone who finally gets it!  Ryder is a puck hog, and he makes the wrong play 4 out of 5 times.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It's not so much about Seguin, the player, it's about the multiple threads that appear on cue as soon as the lineups are announced.  The fact is, he's not going to play every single game... there's no point in whining about it every time he sits. I like Seguin.  I'm glad the Bruins have Seguin.  I look forward to watching Seguin for years to come.  I just don't like complaining under false arguments simply for complaining's sake.
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]
    That's sensible enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Play better would be my solution for Seguin to be in the starting lineup.. Just has not been effective to earn the right to play on a consistant basis.. I don't mind the "tough love" as you might call it from Julien.. It sends a message to the rest of the team that there is no favouritism , just because your a high pick in the draft.. Look at how Bobby Ryan has turned out.. He spent quite a few years finding himself ...drafted 6 years ago and is playing in his 3rd year in the NHL , before becoming the player everyone thought he would be.. It takes time.. Clearly one can see that Seguin is not physically strong enough right now to play at this level and are working him in slowly.. I am also sure that management in concert with agent and the player have discussed his development in detail as not to discourage the player.. Usually, most times it is the agent that makes the first move and demands that his player is unhappy etc.. Have not heard anything to the contrary.. which is a good sign and indicates to me they are on board with Bruins decision...Time will tell.. I see a kid ( 19 ) who shy's away from contact, who is making errant passes, who is making mistakes that could end up costing you games especially in the playoffs. This is a veteran team that Seguin plays on and he has to earn his stripes and the coaches trust to be a responsible player...I think one of the reasons that Seguin was kept up here instead of returning to Jr was because the Bruins management felt a need to justify the Kessel deal.. IMO...In turn, it looks like it has hurt Seguin more than helped.. I wish he could have played in the WJC's in December would have given him a ton of confidence to play at the highest level in Jr.Hockey..Maybe he comes back a different player... Say what you want about Paille and others of similar ilk on the team , they are not costing the Bruins games , they know their roles and have the trust of the coaching staff in all situations on the ice.. Seguin is going to be a great player, I have no doubt.. Patience is needed, and the Bruins are providing it..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]
    Paille being unable to cash in on his chances is almost as bad as turning the puck over for an opposition goal.You say he's not costing games whereas I think his lack of performance may very well be costing games.A goal is a goal whether it be for or against.At least Seguin MIGHT cash one in.....Paille-not likely!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Seguin has never played a season that is this long.  Let him rest and watch a bit.  I have no issue with him sitting a few in a row. 
    I said from the start he shouldnt have played in the NHL this year.  I stand by that.  He hasn't developed much and his confidence likely isnt very high.  A year of dominating junior would have been more valuable. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

My problem is that no1 else but Paille or Seguin can play themselves out of the line up.

Because of this its like 100X harder for them to play themselves in. Sit thornton he has done nothing the last 15 games or so. Put a team on the ice that everyone can play.

I really like the sound of the lines I put up earlier. I mean Ryder+Thornton terrible lately use Seguin as a  stick to get more performance out of the Vets.

You'r not doing much. Ok the kid goes in for you, if he gives up a goal its your fault. Its The stick tactic and alot of coaches have used it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I don't mind Seguin in the press box.  I don't think he has really earned ice time at this point.  He looks really scared out there, if there is anyone from the opposing team within 10 feet of him he just gets rid of the puck as fast as possible to avoid getting hit, which usually ends up being a tape to tape pass to the other team.  Although, when he does play, put him on bloody powerplay already.  It's not like the powerplay can get any worse than it already is.  That is the one situation where Seguin could potentially shine, with all that open space on the ice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

If we think back to the fall Seguin was really clicking and lookin good. Then he got Clodeified. Told to play defense, told to spend more time on the backcheck than the forecheck, and played only 8 or 10 minutes. Yea. Good way to develop. The B's ruined him before he got started.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston4ever. Show boston4ever's posts

I disagree with the way they are handling him. OrrEspoCash is right, he got Clodeified, there WAS a time eariler in the season where he was looking more and more comfortable each night. The kid needs to play. As far as benching Thornton, I say no way, no one has earned the right to play more than Shawn Thornton. If you're looking for Thornton to score goals than you clearly dont understand his role. Paille on the other hand is a different story. This is a guy that should net you anywhere from 10-15 goals. He currently has 2 or 3? He's a waste of time. Every game is the same with him, he just skates along doing barely enough to earn a paycheck. To me its a no brainer...Seguin>>>>>>Paille, even if it means giving up a goal here and there, Seguin's offense will balance it out anyway.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin a scratch again tonight? : Paille being unable to cash in on his chances is almost as bad as turning the puck over for an opposition goal.You say he's not costing games whereas I think his lack of performance may very well be costing games.A goal is a goal whether it be for or against.At least Seguin MIGHT cash one in.....Paille-not likely!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

What ever happened to the old adage.. scorers score and checkers check.. This team has enough guys to do the scoring on most nights.. I don't think the Bruins plan and count on guys like Paille to produce rather contribute in other areas fo the game to be successful as a team.. If they chip in here and there fine .. Having said that the 4th line has chipped in with 20+ goals which is about 10% of teams total output...So that collectively they are getting a good amount of contribution on the score sheet from the 4th line.. I think I have seen a bothersome trend lately in that this team is giving up way too many goals.. not long ago this team was way ahead in GA.. Look at it now.. 3rd and dropping..certainly not a good trend to be starting at this late in the season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]If we think back to the fall Seguin was really clicking and lookin good. Then he got Clodeified. Told to play defense, told to spend more time on the backcheck than the forecheck, and played only 8 or 10 minutes. Yea. Good way to develop. The B's ruined him before he got started.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Cowboy,I'm just not sure Paille checks enough to be considered a checker and his 2 goals(both caromed in off the opposition)haven't added much to the 4th line totals.I agree that Seguin needs to do more but I'd rather see him get the chance to fail than watch Paille skate 100mph to nowhere......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]Cowboy,I'm just not sure Paille checks enough to be considered a checker and his 2 goals(both caromed in off the opposition)haven't added much to the 4th line totals.I agree that Seguin needs to do more but I'd rather see him get the chance to fail than watch Paille skate 100mph to nowhere......
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

That's why I said collectively :) .. Paille's played what 29 games or so? been more of a healthy scratch than regular.. I don't think he skates to nowhere.. I actually like his work on the PK..he pressures the PP team very well and that is due to his great skating ability..we have had this conversation before with him,  other than that I will agree with you from an offensive viewpoint he is not very good.. now watch him pop a couple tonite..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I thought he played alright in the dismal Habs game. I do remember him being physical and actually made 2 or 3 good hits. Shouldn't he be rewarded for good hard physical play? ehhh who cares just win games.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

If he does play, it needs to be on the third line and not the fourth.  He needs to play with some skilled players.  He is USELESS on the fourth line in my opinion.  That is a grind them out line, and he does not grind. Put him on the 3rd line with Rex and Kelly and drop Ryder to the fourth line. Sit Thornton PLEASE....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

According to the hockey news, the Bruins are second in the league in games playes by rookies, in spite of all the games Seguin has sat. Of course, when he does play it's for less than 10 minutes, and not with top 6 forwards. Does this mean that Claude or Clod has failed in his development of this skilled 18/19 year old? Another article seemed to emphasize that most players take 6 years to develop their potential, and they cite Bobby Ryan, 6 years, but only 3 in the NHL. Perhaps the bruins brain trust have rushed Seguin into NhL play. Although, even at 19, Seguin has more skills than Paille and Thornton, plus his passing and skating are better than Ryder. Perhaps Claude recognized this when he put Seguin between Wheeler and Ryder looking for a reincarnation of the Kreji magic.  However, as we all know, Wheeler had his own problems, and Ryder has been th opposite of consistent all year. So Claude shuffled Seguin around, mainly on 4th line, and then more often on the bench. Not much fun or development for Seguin or Claude, who has had to deal with injuries, slow defensemen, and demanding all hands to play his system. Unfortunately, "developing" skilled players is a skill in and of itself, which Claude does not seem to have, or have the time to inject. It is what it is, and we can all watch to see how Claude leads his team in these critical weeks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]According to the hockey news, the Bruins are second in the league in games playes by rookies, in spite of all the games Seguin has sat. Of course, when he does play it's for less than 10 minutes, and not with top 6 forwards. Does this mean that Claude or Clod has failed in his development of this skilled 18/19 year old? Another article seemed to emphasize that most players take 6 years to develop their potential, and they cite Bobby Ryan, 6 years, but only 3 in the NHL. Perhaps the bruins brain trust have rushed Seguin into NhL play. Although, even at 19, Seguin has more skills than Paille and Thornton, plus his passing and skating are better than Ryder. Perhaps Claude recognized this when he put Seguin between Wheeler and Ryder looking for a reincarnation of the Kreji magic.  However, as we all know, Wheeler had his own problems, and Ryder has been th opposite of consistent all year. So Claude shuffled Seguin around, mainly on 4th line, and then more often on the bench. Not much fun or development for Seguin or Claude, who has had to deal with injuries, slow defensemen, and demanding all hands to play his system. Unfortunately, "developing" skilled players is a skill in and of itself, which Claude does not seem to have, or have the time to inject. It is what it is, and we can all watch to see how Claude leads his team in these critical weeks.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

^This

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

We have a good team with Seg in the stands, but we have a better one with him in the lineup.

Thorn is a waste of space, he has as much heart as anyone in the league, but he has no talent to go with it.  His staged fights are getting fewer and fewer.
    Last 10 games, fighting majors
    Luc 3
    McQ 2
    Hort 2
    Camp 1
    Boyc 1
    March 1
    Thorn 1
    If he is not fighting, then why is he here, he has 2 assists over this same span, 1 last night on Camp and 10 games ago on Seg's goal. Seg has 1G 2A over those same games of which he has played only 8 games all with this sniper and over 10 games he has2G 2A.

I am a fan of March but over his last 10 he has only brought 3G 1A and that is playing with Berg. No it's not all about production, but if you want your most talented prospect to produce, wouldn't it be better to put him out with other talent rather than to hide him away on the bench, with the 4th or with the bleacher creachers.

But then again with clod it isn't about production.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I agree that thornton has now become expendable.  Does anyone knows if he will be a free agent next year because if he is i would let him go!!