Seguin at Center

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Seguin at Center

Tyler skates great at Center! What are you talking about ?

PS. That girl skates like Legion...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Seguin's face off % is at 62.5%, best on the team. He was a center in junior and will, sooner or later, be the #1 center in Boston. That's why....

How stupid.  This is stevegm-style use of percentages here.  He's won 10 and lost 6.  Might as well build a faceoff statue for Thornton and his 57.1% as well?  That 4 wins and 3 losses clearly show his faceoff circle dominance.

Check out is stats last year.  46 wins, 60 losses.  43% also known as the lowest on the team for anyone taking at least 100 draws.

You know what that is?  Brutal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 86redsox's comment:

wtg op. your research was "brutal" .

Maybe you put a lot of stock in the 10 circle wins this year.  I look at the complete season from last year and say that 43% is brutal.

Stupid post by you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

Faceoff win % is way overblown. They only matter in your defensive zone. I could care less if the other team wins the faceoff at center ice or outside the blue lines.

Seguin had to learn wing at the NHL level from scratch.  If he moves to center, he will have to adjust to the B's system but the learning curve would probably be a lot less since he played center for 14 years previously.  With his talent, it is a safe bet that he would make the adjustment if necessary.  

Puck possession is way overblown.  Gotcha.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Tyler skates great at Center! What are you talking about ?

PS. That girl skates like Legion...

I saw that picture in my work today to funny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

How stupid.  This is stevegm-style use of percentages here.  He's won 10 and lost 6.  Might as well build a faceoff statue for Thornton and his 57.1% as well?  That 4 wins and 3 losses clearly show his faceoff circle dominance.

Check out is stats last year.  46 wins, 60 losses.  43% also known as the lowest on the team for anyone taking at least 100 draws.

What is really stupid is using stats from a year ago to prove a point about the current season. He does, in fact, in this moment in time have the best FO% on the team and nothing you say will change that. You said he was terrible on the dot and in 2013 he is clearly not.

You asked why people suggest he should play center, I gave them to you.

By the way, I agree with you, he should not be playing center....yet.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Seguin's face off % is at 62.5%, best on the team. He was a center in junior and will, sooner or later, be the #1 center in Boston. That's why....

NAS- who's having fun with numbers?  Let's be fair, Seguin took 106 draws.  Bergeron took 1641.  Krejci took 1045.  Alot more daylight between 106 and 1000 vs 106 and 16. 

Looking for the Islanders to move Tavares to wing soon due to his 48.6% FO%.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How about Thornton's stats, JM?  57.1%!  The dude is a wizard at the dot!

Here's a phrase you may have heard before:  The sample size is too small.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

NAS- who's having fun with numbers?  Let's be fair, Seguin took 106 draws.  Bergeron took 1641.  Krejci took 1045.  Alot more daylight between 106 and 1000 vs 106 and 16. 

Looking for the Islanders to move Tavares to wing soon due to his 48.6% FO%.

I think 106 is a better sample to judge than 16.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

How about Thornton's stats, JM?  57.1%!  The dude is a wizard at the dot!

Here's a phrase you may have heard before:  The sample size is too small.

If you truly believe that then you can not say he is horrible at face offs either....there goes half your argument.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He's looking pretty good on the wing.

Let's leave him there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Agreed. Should you or I call CJ with the news?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If its not broke dont fix it.   I think the option of him being our franchise guy up the middle is possible.  centers create so much and his speed is world class.  I look at malkin and ovi.  How many people originally would have taken ovi over malkin.  I think having a dominant center is more important than a dominant winger.  But that line in my eyes is the best in hockey.  I see they were mentioned as a line for 2014.  Hmmm. They are stealing my ideas.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not even one typo.  Someone went to Apple School!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Not even one typo.  Someone went to Apple School!

I'm trying.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

If its not broke dont fix it.   I think the option of him being our franchise guy up the middle is possible.  centers create so much and his speed is world class.  I look at malkin and ovi.  How many people originally would have taken ovi over malkin.  I think having a dominant center is more important than a dominant winger.  But that line in my eyes is the best in hockey.  I see they were mentioned as a line for 2014.  Hmmm. They are stealing my ideas.   

I'm eventually going to do the work to find the post from last season where I made the suggestion to you only to have you call me foolish. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I'm eventually going to do the work to find the post from last season where I made the suggestion to you only to have you call me foolish. 

Since the edit feature is alive and well i will claim bogus.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You also are the magic HL man.  To be honest.  No way i could have seen Seguin.  Possibly brad bc he has was awesome in the WJ and was wicked in the cup run.  Bergie yes.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You also are the magic HL man.  To be honest.  No way i could have seen Seguin.  Possibly brad bc he has was awesome in the WJ and was wicked in the cup run.  Bergie yes.  

No, at the time Seguin was leading the Bruins but Marchand was still being a bit of a joker. The line is awesome now though. Few in the league are better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Since the edit feature is alive and well i will claim bogus. 

LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

All hail NAS! The relentless one!

Why not agree to combine the two years and say his faceoff percentage is 45% on a small sample size. Assuming Krejci and Bergeron took about 13 faceoffs per game last year, he's taken about 9 games worth of draws.

That is a tiny sample size, but one that would probably go up.

You also have to assume that he has NOT been practicing face-offs. With more work, I'd be more than willing to bet that he'd break 50%.

He hasn't been taking draws regularly for the past 3 years.