Seguin Can Play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Seguin Can Play

Agreed. It may have been his best game since earlier this season. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rinkratpicks. Show rinkratpicks's posts

There was a pretty funny moment with him on TSN last night. Pierre mcguire was inbetween the boards for last nights game. In the first periond the camera was on mcguire and seguin at the end of the bench and you could see seguin smiling/laughing. The mcguire says tyler wants you to know that hes getting his skate repaired, and that he hasn't been benched.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

He still has a ways to go.  Even last night (I haven't seen him play for a couple of weeks) I was saying to myself "poise with the puck", meaning he still gets rid of it a bit quick and it leads to too many turnover's.  That said, I am seeing the improvement everybody here is talking about.  The learning curve is starting to steepen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I would not be in the least bit surprised if he outperforms Kessel starting from here on out.

Even tho Tyler was kept off the board last night, he made a lot of contributions that kept the puck in Toronto's end, and a lot of contributions that led to scoring chances.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

Seems like Tyler finally has a fire lit under him.  He seems comfortable enough with his positioning that he is more willing to utilize his speed on the forecheck (without getting caught up ice).  You guys are right on the money (BadHabitude) in terms of his improved forechecking being a huge reason for his improved play.

I felt like for a long time Tyler was playing not to make a mistake.  I don't think that's a very atypical mindset for a rookie on a division-leading team.  For whatever reason, (hopefully a combo of team encouragement and self-realization) he's really broken his game open a bit.  He's looking to make plays, and showing that he can make them.  As he becomes more comfortable handling the puck (needs to not panic), I think we'll see this kid's real game come to the table.

Woulda been nice if he had that goal right before the buzzer last night!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I think the steals on forechecking will become his signature."

^this and the fact Tyler wasn't a healthy scratch in such a big game has got to help his confidence quite a bit. Awry mad a good point I just realized Seguin has played much better since the wrap to his head. Maybe that's what he needed to say to himself "Ok I can take a fairly good throttling then get back in the game."

Still waiting for feeds from Recchi and Marchand on the 2nd unit PP. Once Segs pots a few look out Bruins fans might not have to wait till next year for him start hitting full stride.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Can Play:
    I would not be in the least bit surprised if he outperforms Kessel starting from here on out. Even tho Tyler was kept off the board last night, he made a lot of contributions that kept the puck in Toronto's end, and a lot of contributions that led to scoring chances.
    Posted by BadHabitude

that is the best part of this badhab. its the trade that just keeps giving. chiarelli dumps kessel and doesn't have to over pay for him. seguin is starting to turn the corner and with any luck he will fall into line with alot of top 2 picks over the last couple of years. knight has alot of upside from what i read in these prospect outlooks and maybe a top 10 pick in this years draft. wow. u think brian burke wants this one back or what?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I have been a Tyler fan from the start and probably seen by some on here as having rose colured glasses, when he was struggling.  Even in small flashes I loved this kid's potential.  The last couple of games he has shown us even more and he is starting to play like a man.  I think he can play at this level the rest of this year but I really look forward to next year.  He will come back with an extra 5-10 pounds of muscle and a lot more insight/knowledge of what it takes to be a great player at this level.  Once he is able to have the puck on his stick more (the ability to not be out-muscled as often) he should be scary good.  Looking forward to seeing the Bruins and Seguin live at the Garden next Thursday.  I hope they destroy the leafs (they owe them one) like they did les canadiens last night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Seguin Can Play:
    I know he was kept off the scoresheet but I don't care.Seguin played like a pro again tonight and the points are going to come.He made some terrific passes and his poise on the PP was great.While the Krejci line played great 5 on 5,it seemed like the 2nd unit with Seguin was getting far better looks on the PP.
    Posted by dezaruchi

He is geting there ...almost a whole NHL season under his belt ...he is now 19 ...and by the way its his number as well.....  I think CJ has contributed to his developpment as a complete 2 way players and we will see the best of him in the upcoming playoffs ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Seguin Can Play : He is geting there ...almost a whole NHL season under his belt ...he is now 19 ...and by the way its his number as well.....  I think CJ has contributed to his developpment as a complete 2 way players and we will see the best of him in the upcoming playoffs .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

I think you're right Stanley.For all the flack CJ has gotten for his handling Of Seguin,I'm not sure he'd be as good a player as he is today,had CJ let him have free reign to make unpunished mistakes all year.He'd have more points but wouldn't be as good a player overall.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Can Play : I think you're right Stanley.For all the flack CJ has gotten for his handling Of Seguin,I'm not sure he'd be as good a player as he is today,had CJ let him have free reign to make unpunished mistakes all year.He'd have more points but wouldn't be as good a player overall.
    Posted by dezaruchi

You are probably right even though I am sure CJ could have gotten the same result with a more balanced approach.  In other words let him make a few more mistakes in the learning process before he saw the bench.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Can Play : You are probably right even though I am sure CJ could have gotten the same result with a more balanced approach.  In other words let him make a few more mistakes in the learning process before he saw the bench.
    Posted by huntbri

I'm going to disagree with you here Bri. Look at Ryder, he is terrible at D and his play has gone unpunished (except for 1 game benching). Seguin realized that in order to be trusted on this team he needs to play well in all areas. It's finally all starting to click.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Can Play : I'm going to disagree with you here Bri. Look at Ryder, he is terrible at D and his play has gone unpunished (except for 1 game benching). Seguin realized that in order to be trusted on this team he needs to play well in all areas. It's finally all starting to click.
    Posted by callodthedom19

I understand what you are saying but I wish that meant that Ryder got benched as well.  Perhaps CJ felt Ryder was too old a dog to learn new tricks and wanted to teach his new dog Seguin better.  I will go with that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Where's Bruins8????

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Seguin has been given the secret ingredient to become better:  Time.  People love to vent about CJ's handling of Seguin, but he handled him great.  Tyler is growing, maturing, and becoming confident playing with men on a social level.  It takes time to feel like you are their equal.  He's getting there now.  You can't speed that up.  Him and Marchand looked great on the PP.  Marchand's got great smarts and coordination.  Maybe we'll be seeing them out there for the next decade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

You may be right about Claudes handling of Seguin

............neh, I still say he should have been getting more time

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Watching Seguin and Marchand out there last night on the power play was like a breath of fresh air, Horton too.  It really should have been happening most of the year.  Their games are perfect for it

The #1 PP unit should just be Horton, Krejci and Lucic, with Chara and Kaberle on the line.  And the second unit should be Recchi, Seguin and Marchand, with Bergeron and Boychuck on the line

Guys like Ryder, Kelly, Campbell, Ferrence and Seidenberg are fine in the normal 5 on 5, but they don't have the puck possession and passing skills to run a quality power play

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

clod is a tool, everytime things turn south, he sits Seg, when he puts Seg back in things turn north again. Seg has done whatever asked of him this year and is always the first one sat. The only one that should be sat is Thorn.

The 2nd PP unit is looking good, Seg looks good.  I have noticed that March will hold or look elsewhere rather than dish to the wideopen Seg, in the few times they have been together.   I hope that it is just not the right play in his mind and not a jealousy issue.

Seg has quit playing on the peripheral and his game play has stepped up big time.  His next step is to take the puck and split the D.  He is just delivering an outside shot right now. The more he takes the puck and attempts this, the more space he will create, and his size and speed will give him the golden opportunities.

You can condition him to make him stronger if you want, but his talent isn't in the bulk business.  There is no worries on his strength, it is to learn how to win the battles.  He is already bigger than Grez was, didn't see him bulking up to play.  This keeps coming back and it has no bearing on his play. Krej is 5 pounds lighter, he better put the weight on, maybe sit him a couple of weeks so he can hit the weights.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Watching Seguin and Marchand out there last night on the power play was like a breath of fresh air, Horton too.  It really should have been happening most of the year.  Their games are perfect for it The #1 PP unit should just be Horton, Krejci and Lucic, with Chara and Kaberle on the line.  And the second unit should be Recchi, Seguin and Marchand, with Bergeron and Boychuck on the line Guys like Ryder, Kelly, Campbell and Seidenberg are fine in the normal 5 on 5, but they don't have the puck possession and passing skills to run a quality power play
    Posted by Swerengen

Would like to see Peverley on this as well, instead of Recc on some occasions, too bad we don't have afull year to test this before playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

"I think the steals on forechecking will become his signature." ^ this and the fact Tyler wasn't a healthy scratch in such a big game has got to help his confidence quite a bit. Awry mad a good point I just realized Seguin has played much better since the wrap to his head. Maybe that's what he needed to say to himself "Ok I can take a fairly good throttling then get back in the game." Still waiting for feeds from Recchi and Marchand on the 2nd unit PP. Once Segs pots a few look out Bruins fans might not have to wait till next year for him start hitting full stride.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I thought the same thing... He gets whacked illegally.  He embellishes.  Then realizes no one gave a hoot.  From then on he seemed to play with a certain confidence. Bring it on Seguin!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Imagine if clod wasnt so stuck in his ways.  Seguin would have played 10-15 games, sat on and off, then been given a REAL chance to come back from watching, I duno, let's say mid December.  We would have had over 3 months of him playing like this, and imagine where he would be now if he wasn't wasted on the "energy" line for 65% of the season.  We would be looking at having a big time scoring threat going into playoffs. 

Luckily the kid looks awesome and is providing some of that PP pressure we have lacked.  Just would have liked seeing him get more than 5 mins a game the past 4 months and we could be looking at a guy really coming into his own heading into playoffs.  I guess it has been very important to give ryder, wheeler, kelly, paille, and thornton their ice time over him, as we don't already know what the muckers listed above bring to the table.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I counted 4 times in the last 5 minutes Tyler was instrumental in keeping possesion by knocking pucks off Ranger's sticks when they had clean possesion. 

That's huge.

Right now I think he's the most under rated Bruin.

They had a ton of pressure on the Rangers in that last 5, when Tyler was on the ice he had a lot to do with that.

Sections
Shortcuts