Seguin Can Play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Seguin Can Play

I know he was kept off the scoresheet but I don't care.Seguin played like a pro again tonight and the points are going to come.He made some terrific passes and his poise on the PP was great.While the Krejci line played great 5 on 5,it seemed like the 2nd unit with Seguin was getting far better looks on the PP.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Seguin Can Play

He deserved at least a point on the PP tonight. Kid looked like a pro, enough said. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Where did all that confidence suddenly come from? I predict next game he will drop the gloves with someone....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

He looks like a totally different player - confident, involved physically, and positionally sound.  Playoffs can't come soon enough.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Can Play:
    Where did all that confidence suddenly come from? I predict next game he will drop the gloves with someone....
    Posted by jmwalters

I actually thought he was going to with that little Deshanais kid for the Habs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli has been known to sit down with players I would place a bet he had a chat with Tyler maybe even broke down some film with him. Most of the year I've been harping on him playing with some speed on either side Kelly and Peverley are perfect for Segs do not brake up that line.

Amazing how the 2nd PP unit outperformed the the first unit. It looks like Marchand, Recchi and Seguin had played together all year on the PP. Keeping my eyes on that 2nd unit from here on in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Maybe Julienne was saving him for the playoffs.  Sure looks like he is peaking at the right time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Can Play : I actually thought he was going to with that little Deshanais kid for the Habs.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Noticed that too. Just a matter of time now...lol!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Definately improved. I think what he really needs is about 10 more pounds of muscle... he'd be hard to knock off the puck with his speed and skill!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRJ7. Show BRJ7's posts

This kid seems to be like a man on a mission. He's becoming a man and it's paying off. I love knowing this guy will be on the PP for years to come. Great quick shot with accuracy. And plus the moves. I grow up with 30 guys in my class being canadian fans during the 90's (i was the only bruins fan). I had a rough go but karmas a bit*h. My dad was right Black and gold mades you a better man. It's the only thing my dad and I have in Common. Go B's Go. My dad was so excited tonight when i called him. Just happy go lucky. Sorry guys!!!! Must be the wine LOL. This kid looks like a bruin now. How sweet it is!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Absolutely Dez, this kid is turning the corner.  I am noticing him more and more, and he was fantastic on the powerplay at times.  The sky's the limit...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Absolutely Dez, this kid is turning the corner.  I am noticing him more and more, and he was fantastic on the powerplay at times.  The sky's the limit...
    Posted by Fletcher1

Seems like he can go from a glide to full speed in just a few strides.The kid's got skills.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Agree with all above.

Seguin really took some tough hits tonight too.
    He's starting to play like he belongs.

You can bet that he is listening to the vets on the team and soaking it up like a sponge.

Nice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Seguin Can Play:
    I know he was kept off the scoresheet but I don't care.Seguin played like a pro again tonight and the points are going to come.He made some terrific passes and his poise on the PP was great.While the Krejci line played great 5 on 5,it seemed like the 2nd unit with Seguin was getting far better looks on the PP.
    Posted by dezaruchi

ONE GAME ... one game.  Relax

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

What a great time to come alive and step it up a notch. Bring Seguin and the rest of the Bruins on to the next season. I can hardly wait..Oh !  Next the Rangers. Another hot team with a hot goalie. Let's take em Bruins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

He looks like a completely different player.  Before he would panic as soon as he touched the puck and get rid of it as fast as possible (usually to the other team), now he looks really comfortable and patient with the puck.  Before along the boards he would skate off to the side and make a half hearted poke check with his stick at the puck from a safe distance, now he is going in and making the check.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

He has the perfect linemates too, with Kelly and Peverly he doesn't have to worry so much about making a mis-step - not that he has.  I loved how he was able to camp out in front for a time.  The late shot at the end was absolutely ripped.

He should have drawn a penalty for the facial he took on the pp.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I have been very critical of Seguin and his defenders on this board, but the last 5 games he has definitely been a different player -- one that can and has made an impact. He still looks like a rookie, but he looks like that elite-level rookie we've all been waiting to see. Really excited about this development!

It really helps that he has guys like Peverly and Kelly to dig away in the corners and along the boards and he can hang out more in the slot and/or find open space. Also, on the PP he has a little more time and he looks good coming off the side boards.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin Can Play : Seems like he can go from a glide to full speed in just a few strides.The kid's got skills.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I noticed this all year, it really catches defensemen off guard. Hes got to be one of the most explosive skaters in the league right now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the future as well as the present look bright for the rookie.  the skating ability and shot have always been there, but the toughness has been slow to come, as should be expected from a 19 year old kid. the past two games he did not look like a rookie out there. his confidence he seems to be growing every game now, lets hope this trend continues. could he possibly be THAT player, the elite goal scorer the bruins desperately need? i'm hoping he is...this years' playoffs should be fun to watch.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm just thrilled with him now.

Something I've noticed that is subtle, but a HUGE contribution to the on ice effort:

his forechecking.

Last 2 games I've noticed he's gotten a stick on a ton of breakout passes.  Not interceptions, and the pass usually gets to who it is supposed to - but not cleanly.  That really slows down the other guys breakouts a lot and then they seem to get stopped at the blue line much more easily.  And when he gets a stick on those passes and it gets deflected to a Bruin, that is better.  And when he's come away with the puck, that's best!  I think he converted one of those into an almost goal by feeding Peverly I think it was alone in the slot with time.

I think the steals on forechecking will become his signature.

Kessel fans should note, that is something Kessel could easily do, and it is a skill that changes momentum and wins games for you.

Even elite goal scorers don't always get them in, but if you are an elite goal scorer AND forecheck like that, you are a factor in EVERY game, not just the games you score in.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

he almost had one at the buzzer...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It's rather nice to see what regular ice time, with skilled, fast linemates can do for Seguin. It's also more obvious that Ryder's lack of effort and commitment was as detrimental, in his early pairings with Seguin. as they are with his new pairing with Bergeron. Finally, in the 3rd, Claude benched Ryder and returned Marchand to Bergie's line. Maybe, just maybe, in the playoffs, calling up Caron and Arneil will allow Ryder and Thornton to be benched. Don't know what to do with Boychuck, he still ices 5-6 times a game, most of which are not necessary, just dumb reactions. Could play Kamfer, I'm sure he has learned, but Boychuck's physical presence is a benefit. Maybe rest Ference, he is still hurting.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

I think nearly having his ear ripped off helped. He played most of the year appearing to be afraid of getting hurt. And did a good job of avoiding being hit in any substantive way. Who can blame him.
    But it had to happen and in Seguin's case the timing is perfect. He's smiling, looks like he's having some fun, looks like he feels he's starting to belong.
    The Playoffs are a showcase for his kind of talents, he's just got to keep his head up, the likes of Mike Richards are not going to pull up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I'll finally bring myself to admit, we are finally seeing flashes of what Seguin can bring. Now some of you might disagree with what Im about to say about him.......His straight skating, has plenty of speed, but his foot work needs work. I think the fact he is doing so well on the powerplay is because he is very skilled and doesnt need to skate much when in the attacking zone, he lets his skill and smart play do all the work. He is making the right decisions on the powerplay and Ive been impressed with that. The powerplay looked the best Ive ever seen it. We were controlling it in their zone all night. Havent seen that all year.

Sections
Shortcuts