Seguin coughing up pucks a little early to avoid the contact....?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Seguin coughing up pucks a little early to avoid the contact....?

It's you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

..maybe he'll get hit like horton did.
    The guy led the team in scoring.
    shut up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

It's you.  He took a big hit in the defensive zone to make a great outlet pass, I think either in the 1st or early 3rd.  (Front of Bruins bench)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not a very clear assessment. Seguin's job is to move the puck quickly, and usually his passes are right on the tape. Hunter's game plan was to use his large bodies to hit everything that moves hard. That's Ok with the bruins, but it might help if the refs paid more attention to interference, like when the Washington forward[ forgot who] stopped and checked Chara before Chara could even reach the puck. Chara solved the check, but the ref should have called deliberate interference.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Read, if you have a pvr look at the game again.

This time notice how many times Seguin prevented the Capitals from getting the puck out of their zone around the top of the faceoff circle and along the boards. It sure didn't look like he was afraid of getting hit there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It's just not Seguin's game to engage and some Bruin fans have to live with it.
    Not every player is a "Big Bad Bruin ".
    There was a situation in the 3rd though that I didn't like.  His line was being pressured in their own end , the puck went to Seguin, their D-man pinched in and went to hit Seguin.  Seguin tried to duck the hit and the puck stayed in the Bruins end.  That cannot happen on a regular basis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skochakian. Show skochakian's posts

actually Segs seems to have really improved in that area this year.  Maybe he is a bit gunshy on contact but he does make a good first pass off the wing and I would rather seem him be spared of heavy contact.  Remember he is still filling out and will still be 20 years old well into next season.   As long as he battles in the Offensive Zone and continues to set up and score I am fine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin coughing up pucks a little early to avoid the contact....?:
    [QUOTE]It's just not Seguin's game to engage and some Bruin fans have to live wit it. Not every player is a "Big Bad Bruin ". There was a situation in the 3rd though that I didn't like.  His line was being pressured in their own end , the puck went to Seguin, their D-man pinched in and went to hit Seguin.  Seguin tried to duck the hit and the puck stayed in the Bruins end.  That cannot happen on a regular basis.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    This is a good post unlike Read's which is a total generalization.

- Tyler is never going to be a big bad Bruin and with his skill he doesn't need to be
    - he has been way more willing to get into the dirty areas this year and take hits
    - at times however he will revert back to last year and he can't do that in the playoffs and it is fine like with any player to point out a specific play where he needs to be better
    - bottom line he was the Bruins leading scorer and has improved immensely but he is still learning
    - again good post BLeg

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

How about Ovechkin throwing the puck out in front of the net blindly and to no one for fear of a Chara hit?  Every NHL player will make mistakes due to contact--as long as it is not happening in the D-zone or bad turnover areas,  I'm ok with a few.   

Seguin is fine; while Lucic/Neelyesque contact is not part of his game, he brings other positive facets to his game that not too many players can produce such as quick release, quick decision making, unbelievable speed while carrying the puck, etc...  Out of all the Bruins forwards, Seguin probably gets the most respect in terms of gap control as opposing D-men are terrified of his combo of speed and stickhandling.  That usually translates well to gaining zone entry and producing quality scoring chances.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Yes, it's an issue. He's been doing it all year. He is improving, but he's got a long way to go. He doesn't have to be a "big bad bruin" - is Patrice Bergeron big and bad? Is Chris Kelly ? His skills are unlimited - but, he's still got some fear in him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Compared to last year he has improved dramatically in the fear department when it comes to being more physical and taking hits to make a play. I'm seeing him dish it out more often then he had last year too.

He isn't quite all the way there yet but it's a non-issue for me as long as he doesn't regress.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

When the puck leaves the stick, does a wall of concrete instantly surround the player? 

Players often times will move the puck before the hit so they can move the puck.  I'm sure Ovechkin wasn't afraid of getting hurt by Chara.  If Chara rocks him and Ovechkin ends up on the ice, how can he control the puck?  He can't. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Mark my words.....Seguin will be the second coming of Yzerman

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Seguin coughing up pucks a little early to avoid the contact....?:
    [QUOTE] Izerman
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Pitiful

Are you sure he won't be more like Lemyoo?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin coughing up pucks a little early to avoid the contact....? : Pitiful Are you sure he won't be more like Lemyoo?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE] Happy now....How's your latest writing failure going?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Sorry to post while I'm doing other things at the same time. I may get the spelling wrong. My spelling errors are inexcusable and should be punishable by being banned from here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

U say u are a retired writer??? show us some of your stuff that actualy gave u a paycheck.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from roydelaney. Show roydelaney's posts

Are you sure you weren't watching #14 instead of #19?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

It is starting to bother me how people aren't noticing some of the other facets of Seguin's game that are outstanding and are overlooked and under rated.

That outstanding plus minus isn't an accident.

I believe his forechecking is superb, he gets his stick on pucks that he has no business getting.  Majority of the time it doesn't produce a turnover, but it breaks up getting out of the zone cleanly and makes the odds of a turnover at center ice that much more likely.

How many sophomore players have their defensive game as good as he has it right now?

He's managed to stay injury free so far.

He has some fantastic stick skills - not talked about enough.

He has great speed which is also not talked about enough.

His game is clearly evolving which is a really good thing and that's what gets me most excited, no telling where he'll hit his potential.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]It is starting to bother me how people aren't noticing some of the other facets of Seguin's game that are outstanding and are overlooked and under rated. That outstanding plus minus isn't an accident. I believe his forechecking is superb, he gets his stick on pucks that he has no business getting.  Majority of the time it doesn't produce a turnover, but it breaks up getting out of the zone cleanly and makes the odds of a turnover at center ice that much more likely. How many sophomore players have their defensive game as good as he has it right now? He's managed to stay injury free so far. He has some fantastic stick skills - not talked about enough. He has great speed which is also not talked about enough. His game is clearly evolving which is a really good thing and that's what gets me most excited, no telling where he'll hit his potential.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE] Like I said, a young yzerman.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin coughing up pucks a little early to avoid the contact....? : Like I said, a young yzerman.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to Stephen Gregory "Steve" Yzerman?

You never know, there might be a real stickler for accuracy around here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Seguin coughing up pucks a little early to avoid the contact....? : Are you referring to  Stephen Gregory "Steve" Yzerman? You never know, there might be a real stickler for accuracy around here.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE] lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Still waiting to see all your fantastic writings. What's wrong mister man.....got nothing. LOL